People blaming Loovens?

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I blame DC not loovens the guy has been out injured had no game time to sharpen up and thrown back into the first team.

The under 23 played midweek pudil, Butterfield and fox get a run out and only 1 plays I would have given loovens 60 minutes to sharpen up but what do I know.

Easy for you to say after the event!

At least you're blaming DC and not CC lol

100% accountable, if it was Jones that made the tackle I'm sure our fans wouldn't be as understanding...

Having watched it again GL knows he's the last man there, he's experienced enough to know how to handle those situations. I think GL does get unlucky as it looks like he's actually trying to get closer than actually lunging in and making a tackle...clearly wasn't match sharp and it results in a sloppy foul.

Either way our captain knows how important this game was to us, he should have done better.

Funny how in this fixture last year we were denied a stonewall penalty and a red card. But there's no hesitation in sending off Loovens and giving a penalty this time, hmmm.

my only thoughts are that Carlos should have started him as sub and introduced him later , but that said it was a close calland you win or lose those decisions depending on which ref you get ,last man always runs the risk of giving away a pen under those circumstances

This rule is absolute BS, totally

ruins games. Handballs on the line fair enough, but not for a challenge in the box. Typically we don't get the penalty at the other  end as well, we must have one of the lowest averages for Penaltys every season in the league. 

4 hours ago, akbuk said:

What happened to the double jeopardy rule

As I understand this rule, if the ref considers that the offending player was making a genuine attempt to win the ball and not to deliberately foul the player then it’s a penalty and a yellow card. If he considers that offending player deliberately fouled with no attempt to win the ball then it’s a penalty and a red card.

Am I correct in my understanding?

4 hours ago, Simon78 said:

Vydra is through, Loovens pushes him its a sending off whether Vydra goes down quicker than backstreet hooker is not the point there was still contact. I thought contact was outside the area though

He didnt push him he tripped him but yes i thought it was outside the box just.

4 hours ago, steveger said:

Looven's is probably this weeks fall guy/target/scapegoat for the same posters that was biggin up his return,

i think he's a class player when on form

He may well be. It makes it the more baffling why we brought in 2 new CB's and one of them we have never seen. 

1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

100% accountable, if it was Jones that made the tackle I'm sure our fans wouldn't be as understanding...

Having watched it again GL knows he's the last man there, he's experienced enough to know how to handle those situations. I think GL does get unlucky as it looks like he's actually trying to get closer than actually lunging in and making a tackle...clearly wasn't match sharp and it results in a sloppy foul.

Either way our captain knows how important this game was to us, he should have done better.

Funny how in this fixture last year we were denied a stonewall penalty and a red card. But there's no hesitation in sending off Loovens and giving a penalty this time, hmmm.

Was it the same ref?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I blame DC not loovens the guy has been out injured had no game time to sharpen up and thrown back into the first team.

The under 23 played midweek pudil, Butterfield and fox get a run out and only 1 plays I would have given loovens 60 minutes to sharpen up but what do I know.

Why blame DC? I don't get why so many people get them mixed up. Just say their name.

4 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Loovens fouled him and it denied a obvious goalscoring opportunity as he was last man. Double jeopardy doesn't apply as he shoved him and didn't make an attempt for the ball. No complaints.

My only complaint would be towards Loovens for his stupidity. No need to make the challenge. Had Vydra gone through and scored we could still have recovered with 11 men. Vydra might not have even scored and it'd still be 0-0 with 11 v 11. If you're going to give a penalty away at least make a challenge for the ball so that the double jeopardy rule comes into play and you only get a yellow. As club captain he should know better and totally deserves the blame.

Credit must go to the 10 that had to pick up the pieces and battled on admirably for the rest of the match. They could have easily thrown the towel in but they fought for the manager and club, really had Derby frustrated until the second goal and could even have nicked a late point but for that goal.

Absolutely bang on 

Clear as day with one outcome when Loovens decided to foul Vydra, so yeah he deserved some stick

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

:tango:

yeah, absolutely vv.ank finishing in the play off places last two seasons, shi.t recruitment the sh.it bad.tards!!

Wobble yer head a bit fella!

No pace, no physical presence in midfield, no wide player that can cross a ball, no decent full back, no decent centre half. Get your head from out of the sand. Finishing in the play offs is one thing having someone to get you promoted is another.

6 hours ago, Warringtonowl said:

Except that all games have an official observer and failure to issue a mandatory sanction would see the ref crucified in application of law and whatever else the observer could find. 1st 2nd or 119th minute of extra time if you award a penalty there it has to be followed by a red. 

Also the laws of the game specifically state that the captain has no special priveleges so again theres no wiggle room, because he is club captain. 

Sadly this isnt a common sense decision its a mandatory. Common sense decisions are like when Mike Jones ruled out Leroy Fer for Norwich when they were supposed to be playing the ball back or Mike Dean keeping a brum player in the villa half so they couldnt restart whilst brum were at the other end celebrating. 

Lets hope the official observer pulls him up over the Fletch pen. If refs are consistent in their decision making then no one would care.

The ref should get a bad report by the observer if that person is doing their job correctly.

4 hours ago, NYowl said:

What's more alarming for me is that ithe striker was one and one with the keeper. The number of times this has happen d so far this season is madness, every game at least a couple.

Not sure what we are doing different but teams are now exploiting the space between the back line and the keeper.

Given lack of pace in central defence, maybe time to play Pudil as sweeper. After his sterling performances  at cb before the two cb's were signed, what has Pudil done to deserve bring dropped? Not fit?

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

No pace, no physical presence in midfield, no wide player that can cross a ball, no decent full back, no decent centre half. Get your head from out of the sand. Finishing in the play offs is one thing having someone to get you promoted is another.

Once you are in the play offs its a lottery , plenty of clubs been lucky to go up on pens when they certainly  were not one of the best team in the division.

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Right, can CC get us promoted?   In my opinion, yes he can, 100%

It ain’t all rosy but the reaction from our Mary Poppins has been gobsmacking, the floundering about like a set invertibrates is fv.ckin worrying , stop the fv.ck embarrassing the club will you, yer weak willed cowards, man the fv.ck up and support your team!!!!

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King. The fans aren't embarrassing the club as the club are doing an extremely good job of that themselves. As for promotion this head coach has no idea what is required to gain promotion and is starting to panic. Hus statement that we will be promoted and his twenty quid strip are evidence of this. The writing is on the wall. He knows it and the majority of fans know it. Just the blind deluded that don't.