Stuart Gray sacked

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

How do you know this?

Because that's what sources were saying at the time. They had a meeting and Chansiri laid out the plans for the transfer policy for 2015/16 and Gray didn't like what was being said but didn't want to resign (who would) so Chansiri sacked him.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

Because that's what sources were saying at the time. They had a meeting and Chansiri laid out the plans for the transfer policy for 2015/16 and Gray didn't like what was being said but didn't want to resign (who would) so Chansiri sacked him.

Could quite easily be bullshyte then yes ?

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Sources, saucers or sauces - no evidence of this whatsoever, pure speculation.

Which bit is troubling you? Seems fairly logical to me and was discussed at length on here when it happened.

I'm not troubled,just think that when "fans" post stuff as fact and are then asked how they/you know,theres always some vague response,a bit like your "thats what sources were saying at the time" gubbins.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I'm not troubled,just think that when "fans" post stuff as fact and are then asked how they/you know,theres always some vague response,a bit like your "thats what sources were saying at the time" gubbins.

When did I say it was from fans? I said it was discussed on here because of what was being spoken about in the media. We know there was a meeting because the club told us there was. I have no reason to not believe this. The idea that Chansiri sacked Gray for the on the pitch performances is nonsense. If he was planning to sack him all along why did he wait until June? Why not do it the Monday after the Watford game?

Just feels like apples and oranges to me, very hard to compare given the different contexts. I still maintain that Gray was hard done by, the bloke did his best and achieved solid results with a limited squad playing on a pitch that resembled Blackpool pleasure beach for going on 6 months. But Carlos is working with a totally different squad, I don't know how much there was to suggest either way about Gray's ability to get us playing the sort of football Carlos did, or manage some very big dressing room egos in the way Carlos has. People are keen to bash him but they ought to catch a breath.

When did I say it was from fans? I said it was discussed on here because of what was being spoken about in the media. We know there was a meeting because the club told us there was. I have no reason to not believe this. The idea that Chansiri sacked Gray for the on the pitch performances is nonsense. If he was planning to sack him all along why did he wait until June? Why not do it the Monday after the Watford game?

You make hard work of very little..........

10 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

You being a "fan" posted the above,so when i said "when fans post stuff as fact" i was qouting you the "fan".....................not that hard to understand fella.

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Carlos is still using half of his team despite spending 30m+ on his own players.

Absolute joke springs to mind.

Which days it all really regarding the joke that is Carlos and Doyen.

The football was a means to an end under Gray, what’s Carlos’ excuse.

8 hours ago, Miffed said:

Thank you. Owls fans have short memories and certainly suffer from the ‘Heffernan effect’

The football was dire under Grey. Playing one up front at home very often (something which Dave Jones was crucified for on here) going on long winless runs.

Sometimes I think folk should get what they deserve. 

If if you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity 

Mediocraty?

We were the quintessential yo yo relegation club. Have you forgotten our seasons in league 1? 

Not only did Gray save us from Jones’ engineered relegation, he was one of the few managers who actually improved us in his second season, achieving consolidation with a net spend of near zero.

Outputs v inputs. It’s no coincidence that our better players were here before Carlos arrived.

Im not saying Gray was Mourinio, but we weren’t exactly top 6 material at the time either though, were we?

10 hours ago, davey said:

Get a grip! Stuart gray did a job bless him!! Cc has took us far more places than gray could have dreamed of! 

According to Megson and Lawrie Madden we finished on a par with our wage budget the last 2 seasons. At the moment we are massively under-achieving.

10 hours ago, Ronseal said:

Stupot and brian laws did a better job than cc...not to mention gm

I don't get why people post stuff like this. How did they do a better job?

Gray did ok to keep us mid table but it was horrendous to watch and 13th wasn't that spectacular really, I'm sure plenty of managers would have got us in the same position. Laws did well considering the situation at the club but he also had some decent players some of which went on to have good premier league careers after they left us. Megson steadied the ship and pointed us back in the right direction but when he was sacked the much lamented Dave Jones got his side playing good football and winning most of his games.

Carlos has got us in the play offs twice in his two full seasons and whilst he has had the benefit of investment when you compare it to other teams and the fees being played in this league it's not the huge amount some of our fans want to make out.

Personally I think Carlos's time is up, I don't see him turning it around and its only a matter of time before he is gone now.

Seems to me though that some of our old managers have become much better in some fans eyes just because we are so poor this season. Its just like how mcgugan became a better player the more he didn't play.