Stuart Gray sacked

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, striker said:

16th in his third season and still dropping....

5 points off the playoffs with his best player injured.

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But he had investment. Chansiri allowed him to bring in a boat load of players in the January window. The likes that we hadnt seen for years, to see if he was capable of pushing us into the play offs. Look at Greys run of results.

Simply not good enough. 

People who start ridiculous threads like this tend to gloss over that fact, if SG was a capable manager he'd be one now and not a coach.

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

People who start ridiculous threads like this tend to gloss over that fact, if SG was a capable manager he'd be one now and not a coach.

Thank you. Owls fans have short memories and certainly suffer from the ‘Heffernan effect’

The football was dire under Grey. Playing one up front at home very often (something which Dave Jones was crucified for on here) going on long winless runs.

Sometimes I think folk should get what they deserve. 

If if you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity 

Just now, Miffed said:

Thank you. Owls fans have short memories and certainly suffer from the ‘Heffernan effect’

The football was dire under Grey. Playing one up front at home very often (something which Dave Jones was crucified for on here) going on long winless runs.

Sometimes I think folk should get what they deserve. 

If if you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity 

It was one of the worst seasons for home games in recent memory (4 wins was it) we had some half decent away results that kept our heads above water, the football was poor, the pitch was a ploughed field and the ground was falling to bits, SG had from January and money to show his mettle and failed, nice bloke but not a top manager or man that could take us forward.

11 minutes ago, davey said:

Get a grip! Stuart gray did a job bless him!! Cc has took us far more places than gray could have dreamed of! 

12 minutes ago, davey said:

Get a grip! Stuart gray did a job bless him!! Cc has took us far more places than gray could have dreamed of! 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

92 /93 season after 19 games we'd won 4 and were in 17th place .....while it didn't quite turn out how'd we hoped it ended up a memorable season so I wouldn't be writing this one off just yet .

We then won 8 of our next 9 and were 3-0 up against Man U in the other one...probably the best quality game of football I've ever seen at Hillsborough. 

If Carlos can repeat that run and the same level of entertainment I'll give him as many £20 notes as he can screw up in one hand. 

I loved Gray,really good coach,switched Lee into MF brought in some REALLY good players,Loovens and Lees among his aquisitions,did we score summat like 16 home goals prior to Dc taking over.......it wasnt great,lets be reyt.

Id love him back here as a coach at some stage,or asst manager hes got really good vision when it comes to players

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

I loved Gray,really good coach,switched Lee into MF brought in some REALLY good players,Loovens and Lees among his aquisitions,did we score summat like 16 home goals prior to Dc taking over.......it wasnt great,lets be reyt.

Id love him back here as a coach at some stage,or asst manager hes got really good vision when it comes to players

Whilst I agree with much of that he did sell Antonio to fund a move for Stevie May.

Just now, York_Owl said:

Whilst I agree with much of that he did sell Antonio to fund a move for Stevie May.

Id have thought that was more MM then Gray,and Antonio was miffed at playing upfront,think he engineered his move,yet he was happy to play as a fullback for the hammers :milan:

Guest We Shall Overcome
38 minutes ago, striker said:

3 places higher than Carlos, glad the near £30m investment was worthwhile

Spot on! and a far more genuine man.

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Id have thought that was more MM then Gray,and Antonio was miffed at playing upfront,think he engineered his move,yet he was happy to play as a fullback for the hammers :milan:

Yes you would hope Gray was telling him to sell anyone but Antonio and buy anyone but Stevie May.

:stuwinky:

42 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Silly post. 

Stuart Gray 13th 

Carlos playoff final in first season.

Playoffs second season.

I’m fairly sure given the investment Grey would have done a much better job, after all he built the spine of the team that Carlos has milked, now they are getting older, guess what, the powers that be, be that Cansiri or Carlos haven’t got a clue...

Grey wanted to be the one in charge of recruitment, DC didn’t agree, hmmm, who was right?