Stuart Gray sacked

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He was actually sacked because he didn't agree with the transfer policy that Chansiri wanted to introduce.

This makes sense though

Looking at the complete c!usterfuck that we've become it makes complete sense

Grey, Laws, Megson would all do a better job than Carlos with millions to spend but they're not 'yes men' so would never get the chance under chansiri 

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Wednesday finished 4th, unless my memory has gone.  

Find us another manager who can lead us to 4th with the squad we have.  

We finished on a par with our budget. This year we are massively under-achieving. Are the managers of the blunts and Preston not doing a better job?

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

to be fair to chansiri I would have thought back then he didn't have the knowledge and was guided by someone else probably roeder or whoever was advising him .whenever a new owner comes in especially a foreign one who knows bugger all about the game then  the manager doesn't usually last very long ......

I thought it was Mourhino who recommended CC? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

He's took us nowhere 

You didn't get to Wembley then?

Fact is our team in the last two seasons has been the best for 20 years. 

Some of you have short memories. 

We've not played well this season but we've suffered some shocking refereeing and linesman decisions.  Add 6 points for them and we would be in the top six. And some so-called fans would still want Megson and Brian Laws back.  Even Scunny sacked Laws.  

10 hours ago, prowl said:

To be fair I'd have liked to see what Gray could do with a bit of money.

Water under the bridge I know. He did a good job on a shoestring but it was at the expense of attacking, interesting football. Did what he had to do to get the best from the players available. DC wanted attacking football which he got with Carlos in that first season. Last year we seemed to have reverted to being expedient and sod the attacking if it gets results. This season, Who knows.

Maybe my judgement is clouded because Stuart Gray was a case of  'anybody other than Dave Jones'. 

I don’t think many managers could have done better than gray with what he had to work with. I think any decent manager would be doing better than Carlos with what he’s had. 

5 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You didn't get to Wembley then?

Fact is our team in the last two seasons has been the best for 20 years. 

Some of you have short memories. 

We've not played well this season but we've suffered some shocking refereeing and linesman decisions.  Add 6 points for them and we would be in the top six. And some so-called fans would still want Megson and Brian Laws back.  Even Scunny sacked Laws.  

Yes went to Wembley , I'm not a " had a great day" kind of person, I went down to see us promoted 

Why fans jizz themselves at finishing 6th and 4th is beyond me

Not sure what Mrgson or Laws has to  do with me 

As for adding 6 points on ....good luck with that argument 

I dont want Gray, Megson or Laws back.

All in my opinion did decent jobs overall in the circumstances there were given.

At first I was very scepitcal of CC appointment I admit but first season proved it was a good choice. 

I know we finished 4 th second season but felt by end things had gone stale after we limped out of play offs and I thought time for a change.

Nothing I have seen this season has said I was wrong.

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

When did I say it was from fans? I said it was discussed on here because of what was being spoken about in the media. We know there was a meeting because the club told us there was. I have no reason to not believe this. The idea that Chansiri sacked Gray for the on the pitch performances is nonsense. If he was planning to sack him all along why did he wait until June? Why not do it the Monday after the Watford game?

Must be right then. A bit like when Derby offererd £2m for Nuhiu.

:duntmatter::duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

We finished on a par with our budget. This year we are massively under-achieving. Are the managers of the blunts and Preston not doing a better job?

You've no idea what our budget is. 

Football clubs are invariably privately owned, not public limited companies.  They don't have to divulge any info to the public.

Preston and Shef utd are overachieving. Like we did two years ago. 

Spending £30+ million on a team doesn't automatically mean promotion nowadays.  The playoff final last year was reported to be worth £180m to the winner.   There's loads of clubs spending big to go up.   Because of the Bosman ruling, its more about high wages than transfer fees nowadays.  

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Yes went to Wembley , I'm not a " had a great day" kind of person, I went down to see us promoted 

Why fans jizz themselves at finishing 6th and 4th is beyond me

Not sure what Mrgson or Laws has to  do with me 

As for adding 6 points on ....good luck with that argument 

So you wouldn't be happy at 4th or 6th this season?

I live 20 minutes from hull. They also went down to see their side go up.  My best mates a Hull fan. They were laughing at the 'massive' thing.

There's 24 clubs in this division.  At least ten of them regards themselves as being at least as big as us.  We don't have any divine right to go up.  

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Football clubs are invariably privately owned, not public limited companies.  They don't have to divulge any info to the public.

Spending £30+ million on a team doesn't automatically mean promotion nowadays.  The playoff final last year was reported to be worth £180m to the winner.   There's loads of clubs spending big to go up.   Because of the Bosman ruling, its more about high wages than transfer fees nowadays.  

According to Gary Megson and Lawrie Madden we didn't over-achieve 2 years ago - we finished on par with our budget.

I was told at the Sheffield derby by someone well-respected in Sheffield football that we are paying 10 players over 30k a week and our opponents weren't paying one half that.

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Overachieving, just love that word, it means nothing 

I don't judge on money spent, I go on quality of player and on that basis we should have /can do better imo

We need a proper manager asap

9 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So you wouldn't be happy at 4th or 6th this season?

I live 20 minutes from hull. They also went down to see their side go up.  My best mates a Hull fan. They were laughing at the 'massive' thing.

There's 24 clubs in this division.  At least ten of them regards themselves as being at least as big as us.  We don't have any divine right to go up.  

What's the "massive" thing got to do with anything I've said?

What has the size of said 10 other clubs got to do with our underperforming players and manager?

No I am not happy with 6th and 4th that's why we are still here after 17 years 

Losing mentality in our fan base is rife