Stuart Gray sacked

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I’m fairly sure given the investment Grey would have done a much better job, after all he built the spine of the team that Carlos has milked, now they are getting older, guess what, the powers that be, be that Cansiri or Carlos haven’t got a clue...

Grey wanted to be the one in charge of recruitment, DC didn’t agree, hmmm, who was right?

I don't disagree tbh.

Gray with Hooper, FF and Bannan. Would have been intersting like you say.

36 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But he had investment. Chansiri allowed him to bring in a boat load of players in the January window. The likes that we hadnt seen for years, to see if he was capable of pushing us into the play offs. Look at Greys run of results.

Simply not good enough. 

Like people who stick up for Carlos probably wasn't his choices forced on him 

27 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Thank you. Owls fans have short memories and certainly suffer from the ‘Heffernan effect’

The football was dire under Grey. Playing one up front at home very often (something which Dave Jones was crucified for on here) going on long winless runs.

Sometimes I think folk should get what they deserve. 

If if you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity 

Erm, don’t you remember the colindering thread? We beat Leeds 6:0, when we had strike options Grey delivered, when we didn’t we shut up shop for a well earned point, it was Grey’s players that got us the “home records” let’s not forget that..

2 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Erm, don’t you remember the colindering thread? We beat Leeds 6:0, when we had strike options Grey delivered, when we didn’t we shut up shop for a well earned point, it was Grey’s players that got us the “home records” let’s not forget that..

Grey is a colour, Gray was our ex manager.

32 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Thank you. Owls fans have short memories and certainly suffer from the ‘Heffernan effect’

The football was dire under Grey. Playing one up front at home very often (something which Dave Jones was crucified for on here) going on long winless runs.

Sometimes I think folk should get what they deserve. 

If if you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity 

I think you do Grey a great mis service, he did a brilliant job with very little resource, Carlos has benefitted from rhe “spine” he left, trouble is Carlos is still relying on Greys finds..

13 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I’m fairly sure given the investment Grey would have done a much better job, after all he built the spine of the team that Carlos has milked, now they are getting older, guess what, the powers that be, be that Cansiri or Carlos haven’t got a clue...

Grey wanted to be the one in charge of recruitment, DC didn’t agree, hmmm, who was right?

I don't know if what you say is right but I would certainly have kept gray on ..........

13 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Unfortunately, Chansiri doesn’t share your inteligence or humility.

Had he done so I have no doubt we would have been in the PremierLeague for at least two seasons now..

to be fair to chansiri I would have thought back then he didn't have the knowledge and was guided by someone else probably roeder or whoever was advising him .whenever a new owner comes in especially a foreign one who knows bugger all about the game then  the manager doesn't usually last very long ......