I Finally Lost Confidence In Carlos Today

The thing that constantly baffles me is how this team, which is by and large the same team that lost to Hull in the final 2 seasons ago, still often look like they have never met one another or seen a football.

Without Loovens there is no leadership, there certainly seems to be none on the touchline.

We arent stagnating, we are going backwards

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think CC is a decent coach / manager but time to part ways was after Huddersfield in the play offs. Just couldnt shake feeling things gone stale and needed fresh impetus a new coach would bring.

But overall to me think the watershed moment for the club on the pitch was FF at Norwich. Refused to play and we not only let him off but gave him a new contract. Think that led to disssatisfaction in the team and not everyone has been pulling in the same direction since.

Said this at the time. Big mistake. It sent out the wrong signal to the rest of the players.

Warning signs were there for me after the Hull defeat and the way we froze that day

My mind was made up midway through the following season but I gave him the benefit of doubt and said give him until the end of the season to see if he can improve.

Then after the Huddersfield embarrassment I was sure we'd finally get rid of him but unfortunately I was wrong and we find ourselves where we are today

surely DC has to act now because we've become a very predictable joke and it just ain't funny anymore 

DC is worrying me now though. I don't really trust people who are superstious because it clouds sane judgment 

God knows where we're going to end up at this rate, we're fast becoming a laughing stock.

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I lost Confidence in him after last season`s play off embarrassment. 

That's exactly when I changed my tune, it's absolutely scandalous that we have to put up with this cr ap week after week. He's been found out and hasn't got a plan B.

look at the pigs with a far inferior squad but a manager who knows how to get the best out of his players.

we need to change now please DC 

Please come forward Mr Allardyce !

3 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Carlos not being the man for the job has been beyond contention for ages now. Don't care about your coming to Jesus moment tbh OP as your explanation doesn't even make sense (a few weeks ago "giving him until the end of the season" - a few weeks later "he's got to go" - mighty morphing position changer). 

CC was done even before last season's playoff semis for me: patterns of play existed then as they do now:

1. Slow ponderous possession play

2. Ignoring the ways to get the best out of our wealth of attacking players

3. Undroppable manager favourite players

4. a refusal to change tactics

5. inability to beat or even compete with physical or defensive sides

6. no pace in the team

7. no natural width in the team

8. allowing the club to collect expensive players he can't or won't use whilst ignoring obvious quality gaps in the squad

9. appallingly sluggish starts then chasing the game and acting like the eventual draw is a good result; and

10. criticising officials (despite saying he would never do that at the start of his tenure).

In truth, he has overstayed for about 11 months.Yes we finished 6th then 4th but imagine where we could have been had the above me avoided or even atempted to be righted?

There is no question is time is up but my fear is that Chansiri  (an admitted football novice) may not currently have the advice he needs to sack and/or replace. If he doesn't,  he needs to address this quickly to save our season. 

Oh symtons and no remedy

Yesterday was the final straw for me,all those supporters deserved far better than what was served up,and taking into account Boltons record prior to our visit we were entitled to expect far more than that shoddy performance.

Im not one for sacking people,I enjoyed that first season under CC,the arsenal and brighton games,trip to wembley,where after, I think CC was lucky to get another crack.We arent progressing under CC and I cant see us doing so,the leeds and fulham results could easily have gone the other way had early chances been taken by our opponents.

The seasons not lost yet but DC needs to act swiftly before it is

4 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Carlos not being the man for the job has been beyond contention for ages now. Don't care about your coming to Jesus moment tbh OP as your explanation doesn't even make sense (a few weeks ago "giving him until the end of the season" - a few weeks later "he's got to go" - mighty morphing position changer). 

CC was done even before last season's playoff semis for me: patterns of play existed then as they do now:

1. Slow ponderous possession play

2. Ignoring the ways to get the best out of our wealth of attacking players

3. Undroppable manager favourite players

4. a refusal to change tactics

5. inability to beat or even compete with physical or defensive sides

6. no pace in the team

7. no natural width in the team

8. allowing the club to collect expensive players he can't or won't use whilst ignoring obvious quality gaps in the squad

9. appallingly sluggish starts then chasing the game and acting like the eventual draw is a good result; and

10. criticising officials (despite saying he would never do that at the start of his tenure).

In truth, he has overstayed for about 11 months.Yes we finished 6th then 4th but imagine where we could have been had the above me avoided or even atempted to be righted?

There is no question is time is up but my fear is that Chansiri  (an admitted football novice) may not currently have the advice he needs to sack and/or replace. If he doesn't,  he needs to address this quickly to save our season. 

Hear hear. 

Was March last year I realised it was over with him... the Reading game. I remember in about the 60th/70th minute looking over at CC and watching him for a few minutes (the game was as memorable as your standard Wednesday game of the last 12 months). Looked like a man who didn't know what to do. We've all seen managers with that expression and body language on the touchline. "This is it", I thought to myself. "It's been a good run, but it looks about time". 7 months later and somehow the man who looked lost is still here. 

Lost faith in him a long time ago. his inability to motivate this team is beyond doubt his biggest failure.

Add to that, team selection, in game restructuring and PR and he's a complete failure.

His recent press conferences have been laughable.

he's got to go, he's collecting a large pay cheque for making decisions any of us could make

Pre match WTF comments are the norm re team selection.

Unbelievable Carlos !! :carlos:

56 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Lost faith in him a long time ago. his inability to motivate this team is beyond doubt his biggest failure.

Add to that, team selection, in game restructuring and PR and he's a complete failure.

His recent press conferences have been laughable.

he's got to go, he's collecting a large pay cheque for making decisions any of us could make

Pre match WTF comments are the norm re team selection.

Unbelievable Carlos !! :carlos:

I've lost faith in the team now. Anyone else get the feeling the other teams are thinking that if they have a player they want to get rid of they call us? 

Guest Copthorneowl

Have to say until yesterday I've been staunchly behind Carlos for several reasons no need to mention...........however after yesterday when fans at the game turned on him and the way he's defended the indefensible I'm afraid I reluctantly say I can't defend him anymore there I've said it sorry Carlos but the project is dead move on mate.

The King is dead long live the King personally Lambert imo.