I Finally Lost Confidence In Carlos Today

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Any prospective new man would have to be mad to enter the Den of Vitriolic Poison ! 

Somebody’s always willing. Managers are 10 a penny. They succeed, they fail. The merry go round carries on. This is 21st century football.

1 minute ago, Muffinman said:

Exactly, well put. Less of the instant gratification culture and more of the 'support your team through thick and thin' Too many so called 'fans' on here make me cringe with embarrassment, nobody is saying keep a bad manager, but CC isn't that, We have had some bad luck, it happens, get over it, remake the bed and try sleeping with a plastic sheet to protect the mattress

Please tell me what makes him a good manager I’m intrigued?

I have changed my opinion as well after being very much in the Carlos in club prior to yesterday's game.

However, whilst I feel a change is inevitable and needed, I think some are being incredibly disrespectful of his achievements as well as verging on delusional with regard to his replacement. Firstly, he probably achieved too much in the first season which raised expectations far quicker than was expected, but the first season can still be considered a success. Last season, he improved position and points and achieved play offs yet again. Yes, we didn't turn up either leg (which is far from acceptable) but we were beaten on penalties by a team that was vying for top 2 and above us pretty much the whole season - even if we had turned up, form and most of the games over the season show Huddersfield were favourites. The play offs are a lottery and I'm not sure on what grounds people expected us to beat Huddersfield other than on luck. With regard to sacking Carlos based on this alone as many have suggested, Brighton finished 15 points and 3 places higher and we knocked them out - did they sack Hughton? No - they stuck with him and got promoted the next season.

Whilst it's clear we are now no longer going to follow Brighton's recovery and appear to be stagnating, the idea of rolling the dice and gambling on any old manager as countless people are suggesting is absolutely crazy - the next appointment has to be well thought out and planned to have any realistic chance of gaining promotion.

Our problems run deeper than the manager, with a bloated, unbalanced squad and suggested interference from above Carlos - whilst we maybe able to replace Carlos we will be not resolving the other 2 issues, if the same inconsistent performances are churned out by our players and the same supposed interference keeps occurring, we'll be swapping one Carlos for another and run the risk of being in an even worse position than we are now. 

13 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Hutch was the one who pushed everyone 10 yards upfield and from then on we got a grip on the game...I'm sure he sliced it into his own net on purpose but I suppose everyone needs a scapegoat...we created enough chances to have won the match and Rhodes should have scored with one of the three chances he had never mind the stone wall penalty...the reason we didn't start like that in the first half...and it was the same team as Leeds, is because we are short of leaders on the field who couldn't organise them when it was apparent how Bolton were playing

We were always going to play further up the pitch second half .

If only because they were always going to drop deeper 

I just thought some of needless interplay at the back with Hutch dropping really deep was daft.  Like the episode that led to the second goal.

I would start Hutch at Derby, along with Loovens and Pudil. We can't continue being so soft and vulnerable at the back

28 minutes ago, axolotl said:

People often say would the players start winning 50/50s, headers, second balls etc etc if Carlos went.

They did at Leicester post Ranieri.

And Chelsea post Mourinho.

Not saying it is the case with us, but players can easily slip into a blasé attitude and get too comfortable knowing they are almost undroppable. New gaffer and things get shaken up. Why not at S6?

The players would up their game mate if a new manager came in they would want to prove their worth to him and being in the first team ,othewrwise they have no pride in the job they should be doing

32 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

what did you think of the first 10 mins of the second half and why?

There was more purpose about us 2nd half,and we did go foreward more and looked a threat,the subs........Jones is unlucky,he slips for the 1st goal,otherwise he makes a block and its a different story,but Hutch is a warrior,ok he got unlucky at the near post and his ball to Wildsmith put him under uneeded pressure which leads to the corner,but we did have more penetration.Rhodes.....he did score two up there in the cuptie but Joao has pace and tricky feet,id have rather seen him come on,Wallace wasnt having a great game,but not many were.