Owls Megastore staff getting abuse over new kit

Guest mrbluesky
53 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I went early July, looking for a Large Polo Shirt. 

The shop had 3 or 4 customers in, it was dead. 

Searched every single Polo, they all said Size Small

Turned around and they was about 5 or 6 members of staff, stood behind the counter looking at me.

Thought they could have helped more or had a sign saying Only Small Polo's available etc..

More help you say? where SWFC fail Owlstalk deliver!!...

348s.jpg

Commercially the club has to be as crap as it has ever been.

Appreciate all the great things Mr C has done for the club, but commercially we are an embarrassment.

The club shop stocked with outdated kits at full price. Holes in the flipping wall for some reason last time I went. FFS there's still pictures of Antonio knocking about in it.

At a time when we have FFP concerns, I for the life of me can't understand why the commercial side of the club is treated with indifference and seemingly contempt.

Guest Deleted member

Think the club needs a full time Chief Exec. Someone like Paul Aldridge. Someone who's worked in football and understands it

Imagine being thick AND lazy enough to complain at a shop assistant over something so obviously not their fault.

Imagine being enough of a scumbag to stoop beyond complaints, all the way to 'abuse'.

Imagine being enough of a baby to get genuinely riled about replica football shirts.

How the heck do these people cope with real adult life, one wonders. Hopefully their poor overheated walnut brains will explode before they cause anyone else too much bother.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Oh. You think that the shop staff will be loving working somewhere they've got no new stock, no sign of any new stock, and are getting abused by fans for basically being unable to do their jobs through no fault of their own.

Not really a dig at DC - more Joe Palmer (as I understand its his responsibility)

xx 

It's true. The responsibility is much higher than the individual shop staff who likely don't have a say in much at all. 

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You beat me to it. Since he arrived as the Administartive (or whatever his title is) supremo that side of the club has hit rock bottom. He was supposed to be a top bloke at his job. Doesnt seem that way. DC seems to have had problems with recruiting the right people(apart from carlos). I still maintain he needs an old head with vast experience of football to help him with footballing decisions. Otherwise he is going to be wasting his money on severance payments for wrong recruitment. 

Allardyce has all the right ability but don't think he would do an advisors job. There has to be someone with the right credentials somewhere. Is there a football recruiting agency to sift through the dross that would apply if it was advertised. A good head hunter is needed but who would recruit the head hunter. Just feel that DC has has either been advised badly or has made some poor decisions because of his lack of knowledge of British football. 

Any suggestions?

Very true.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Can you imagine how sould destroying it must be to work in an area of the club where your contribution seems so undervalued?

I didn't intend to have a dig, just my experience. It stuck with me, how they was stood in a group looking at me.

And If that's the case, then surely they could seek appreciation and respect from customers?

1 hour ago, Robowl84 said:

The club can help the shop staff by putting out an update on the club website about arrival of kit/prices etc. 

Rather than just keeping quiet 

is that this 'communication' thing that people keep mentioning? Always wondered what that was when it came to SWFC