Owls Megastore staff getting abuse over new kit

Sad to say that the SWFC Megastore staff seem to be getting some really bad treatment and plain downright abuse over the new kit not being in stock.

There's reports of quite a few Owls fans displaying their disappointment that the new shirt isn't here by verbally abusing the staff members in the store.

Sad times. No need.

Owlstalk Shop

I went early July, looking for a Large Polo Shirt. 

The shop had 3 or 4 customers in, it was dead. 

Searched every single Polo, they all said Size Small

Turned around and they was about 5 or 6 members of staff, stood behind the counter looking at me.

Thought they could have helped more or had a sign saying Only Small Polo's available etc..

Guest Deleted member
5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I went early July, looking for a Large Polo Shirt. 

The shop had 3 or 4 customers in, it was dead. 

Searched every single Polo, they all said Size Small

Turned around and they was about 5 or 6 members of staff, stood behind the counter looking at me.

Thought they could have helped more or had a sign saying Only Small Polo's available etc..

Can you imagine how sould destroying it must be to work in an area of the club where your contribution seems so undervalued?

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Can you imagine how sould destroying it must be to work in an area of the club where your contribution seems so undervalued?

I know, I'm amazed Carlos can still raise a smile some days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Another subtle dig at DC.  Keep going, I'm sure you'll achieve your dream.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Sham67 said:

Another subtle dig at DC.  Keep going, I'm sure you'll achieve your dream.

Oh. You think that the shop staff will be loving working somewhere they've got no new stock, no sign of any new stock, and are getting abused by fans for basically being unable to do their jobs through no fault of their own.

Not really a dig at DC - more Joe Palmer (as I understand its his responsibility)

xx 

Them staff do a heck of a job just because a lot of time it looks quiet in there doesn’t mean they aren’t busy. Taking the orders, preparing for orders, serving, stocking shelves with what they are given. They have their hands tied most of time. But I have worked along side them a while back and I can assure you they will be just as disappointed as we are.

End of day the shop is there for owls fans and majority work during the day so obviously it’s going to be quiet it’s not like sports direct with a diverse amount of sporting good/ teams the shop is specifically for owls. 

Whoever is giving them abuse is pathetic it’s not their fault they work for the one who’s fault it is. They can only sell what they are given.

13 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Are we really that arsed about spending £ 50 on a shirt that will be out of date next season ? Far more important things to worry about like both Uniteds being above us in the table .

It's more a question of "are we really that arsed about abuse of club employee's over something that isn't their fault", to which the answer is "yes we should be" without exception.

Also, this reductionary attitude towards the kit continues to baffle me. You might not be the sort of person who spends £50 on a replica football shirt - I'm not either - but if the club doesn't even have the shirts available to sell to those who do then the club is a total and complete commercial failure. 

We've missed out on potential shirt sale revenue during the summer, ahead of people going on holiday, for Owls in the Park - an event that exists almost entirely to sell the new shirt -, the 150th celebrations, a "prestige" friendly at home to Rangers and a Sheffield derby. It's now October.

It's an absolute disaster whichever way you spin it. Every time somebody moans about ticket prices or that we are flirting with the limits on FFP, stuff like this is why. That the club is a continual commercial failure at even the most basic aspects of its business impacts every single one of us in one form or another. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Are we really that arsed about spending £ 50 on a shirt that will be out of date next season ? Far more important things to worry about like both Uniteds being above us in the table .

Absolutely.

I want the shirt that I wouldn't buy in any case to be stocked or I will defend my right to complain about the fact that it isn't.

I then want to be able to complain about the fact it's not sold.

If the club cannot recognise this well...........I don't know what.

• Haha 1

Guest everydays_wednesday

If they can be identified should be an immediate ban from the club. Who wants to be associated with morons like this?