Owls Megastore staff getting abuse over new kit

Just now, Emilianenko said:

49900687a91b0d2a1d3ece8e77f5d794--football-memorabilia-football-stadiums.jpg

Impressive it really is  , how many of those people would have bought a shirt if they were so readily available ( for other clubs ) as they are now though . It's a business now , the sport is secondary and shirts are a decent revenue steam . I'm not saying your wrong for not liking people wearing shirts but it won't stop me or millions world wide from doing it so I just don't know why your bothered.  The girly falling over and turning football into a non contact ballet bothers me far more than what people wear . 

Bizarrely...

This kind of reassures that Mr C must have more money than sense because I can't for the life of me understand otherwise why we continue to fall so short commercially. 

So much money being missed out on out atm. 

17 hours ago, cross owl said:

Why shouldn't be wearing it ? I get the shirts every year and wear them to matches and I'm 48 . It's not that I am worried but to not have a shirt to buy for anyone in October and no idea when they will be available  is shambolic . It's a revenue stream that makes decent money that is being lost . Doesn't worry me as I bought the three year deal so they will turn  up when they turn up . They've had my money but to not be able to wear it to matches at the start of the third month of matches is laughable and people who would buy it , quite a few will now not bother . If I was a kid at school and the piggy kids had their shirts on I'd be properly narked . Still we could start a trend to have a shirt that's retro before it's released :tango:

The shirts are for kids and birds!

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bizarrely...

This kind of reassures that Mr C must have more money than sense because I can't for the life of me understand otherwise why we continue to fall so short commercially. 

So much money being missed out on out atm. 

That’s something that always puzzles me. For a man who’s obviously a very successful businessman , how is it he manages to get the retail and commercial side so wrong. 

Im no Alan sugar , but I can’t see how have no sponsors around the ground, empty hospitality suites and a club shop that has to be the most under utilised retail space on the county can be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

That’s something that always puzzles me. For a man who’s obviously a very successful businessman , how is it he manages to get the retail and commercial side so wrong. 

Im no Alan sugar , but I can’t see how have no sponsors around the ground, empty hospitality suites and a club shop that has to be the most under utilised retail space on the county can be a good thing. 

Yet we hit the fans with easy quick cash wins ala tickets, shirt prices, box prices, plaque on a seat for £20k etc.

Very bizarre.

Is Joe Palmer really an experienced pro, or has he had our pants down ?

47 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

49900687a91b0d2a1d3ece8e77f5d794--football-memorabilia-football-stadiums.jpg

I fail to see the point in posting a picture from that era when the replica market initiated by Admiral didn't really kick off until the 80's and the advent of colour tv. By the way that's the UK company Admiral not a trend from the US

44 minutes ago, Doug Owlett said:

I fail to see the point in posting a picture from that era when the replica market initiated by Admiral didn't really kick off until the 80's and the advent of colour tv. By the way that's the UK company Admiral not a trend from the US

Really?

even CrossOwl saw the point 

Guest mrbluesky
On 06/10/2017 at 11:47, @owlstalk said:

Sad to say that the SWFC Megastore staff seem to be getting some really bad treatment and plain downright abuse over the new kit not being in stock.

There's reports of quite a few Owls fans displaying their disappointment that the new shirt isn't here by verbally abusing the staff members in the store.

Sad times. No need.

Have you got a number on the amount of staff abused? 

I mean do the club want to bring all merchandise in house so we don’t have to pay manufacturers etc? 

Would that even work? 

Would we make more money by doing that? 

Complete speculation on my part, but I’m trying to rationalise the club’s logic here. 

16 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So you read my previous posts and still didn't get my point?

You're not the brightest are you?

maybe not but you referred to the replica market as an americanism and suggested those who buy are merely sheep. You tried to make your point by posting a photo of a sea of fans not wearing replica kits. Your photo actually pre-dates when the replica market started. Maybe I have mis-interpreted but I guess that might be easy when the general tone of your posts suggests you're a bit of a fanny! 

On 10/6/2017 at 12:25, steveger said:

£50 ? are you ITK ?

Wishful thinking!

It's understandable that people are asking the questions to the front line shop staff about where the kits are and when they are due, obviously they shouldn't be abusing them though.

It would be nice if someone at the club actually took responsibility for this, gave a clear statement as to why in October they are still not available over 2 weeks after they last commented and said they loped to have them on sale. At least then the shop staff would have something to refer to rather than seemingly being kept in the dark as much as we all are.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wishful thinking!

It's understandable that people are asking the questions to the front line shop staff about where the kits are and when they are due, obviously they shouldn't be abusing them though.

It would be nice if someone at the club actually took responsibility for this, gave a clear statement as to why in October they are still not available over 2 weeks after they last commented and said they loped to have them on sale. At least then the shop staff would have something to refer to rather than seemingly being kept in the dark as much as we all are.

Bang on mate

1 hour ago, Doug Owlett said:

maybe not but you referred to the replica market as an americanism and suggested those who buy are merely sheep. You tried to make your point by posting a photo of a sea of fans not wearing replica kits. Your photo actually pre-dates when the replica market started. Maybe I have mis-interpreted but I guess that might be easy when the general tone of your posts suggests you're a bit of a fanny! 

Hi Joe :biggrin:

For how badly the megastore is run and managed and the fact the stock is of such poor quality. If the club have no intention of improving this and come on Palmer has had nearly 3 years now to show he does not have a clue what he is doing in English football, then shut the whole store down as it must be running at a lose.

For me I would do a deal with a proper sport store such as sports direct / JD Sports and sub let it for them to run, but the club gets 50% of all profits for the market i.e. Match day footfall. They get the rights to run it the correct way and the club gets money in for adding nothing other than the name.

Our great club needs Two vital signing to save our club; 

1) a director of football for all deals and player contracts  as we are paying too much for over rates players, have no plan b or c in the transfer market and over pay on mediocre plays aka £8m Rhodes, £4m Abdi, £5m Reach, then quality young players either don't sign of get a 1 year deal very short sighted by the club when Nuihu the bench warming goal posts get a 3 year deal o watch matches for free

2) A qualified and experienced in the UK marketing manager who know how to sell goods, sponsorship and corporate entertainment as currently under DC I reckon we have lost £10m + in revenue in the last two seasons due to employing the current chumps not to mention how much more we have spent on over priced unfit players.