Fessi and Hutch

I was just wondering who could have been left out yesterday to accommodate them, I'm struggling, so this must be a good thing, our season has finally kicked off, more of this would be great, however let's not get too excited, swallow and summer comes to mind. 

Hutch should only come back when fully fit.  Last season, when he switched from the back, he was awesome.

If he's not 100% fit - that's when he lunges in to compensate for not quite being in position and collects yellows and injuries.

11 minutes ago, owlandished said:

We got six out right now. Abdi, Boyd, Hutch, Loovens, FF and Westwood

After yesterday's game I think all of those would struggle to get in the starting XI if fit

Big question is what CC does when they are fit - will he put then straight back in.

Our strong run towards the end of last season occurred when players were injured - they were back for the playoffs..and we all know how that ended.

CC has to stick with what works going forwards imo - keep the consistency in selection and lineup and the results will follow. 

4 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

Hutch should only come back when fully fit.  Last season, when he switched from the back, he was awesome.

If he's not 100% fit - that's when he lunges in to compensate for not quite being in position and collects yellows and injuries.

He made a massive difference last season when he came back in to midfield. Along with the return of Loovens and Forestieri finding his form. Rescued our season.

Agree he needs to be 100%. He's a warrior so he'll play through anything if he can, but you can tell when he's struggling. Preston away being a prime example. He shouldn't have played that day.

Hutch - for me Jones is a far better CM than Hutch. Results suggest so too. Jones works as a partner, not an individual. Hutch is too deep and leaves his partner isolated. If Carlos insists on playing 3 CMs rather than two wingers then Hutch is decent cover should Jones or Lee get injured. But absolutely he should not get back into the side at CM. 

I would certainly prefer Hutch to Joost at CB once fit. But Loovens should slot straight in asap.

Forestieri - even tougher question. 100% not as striker of course. Hooper-Fletcher is nailed on every game they are fit. Once one has to sit out Rhodes must start, and even Joao is a better option alongside Hooper or Rhodes.

I am totally convinced his best role for us is wide left. But if Carlos is going to stick with 3 CMs ( and it looks like he is) then does FF get the wide berth ahead of Reach or Wallace? 

Some will say play him behind the front two, but we don't play that system. Either:-

• we drop Hooper or Fletch (lunacy) 
  • drop Reach ( he's not going to, nor should he)
  • play FF in front of Reach and drop a CM

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

After the United game Forestieri, Hutch, Abdi, Doris the tea lady, and Bert the coach driver would have been certs to start the next game if fit, but before the United game and based on yesterdays performance the players deserve their slots on merit.

Doris is over-rated imo.

Bert is quality on the other hand. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Can't believe how people form or change opinions on one or the odd game. Jones was crap against United and had been for a while, now he's better than Hutch no he's not they're not remotely in the same league but one if them is injury prone and also on occasions reckless but as footballers in our side they are not near to being close on ability.

Same with Fletcher he'd lost his friends after United and Brum now he's a world beater. Players have good and bad periods just like us six months ago Hooper was a fat waste of time now he's the best striker in the league it really makes for comedy reading at times.

Dont get me going on Forestiero and Carlos for that matter if we're doing well we don't need Nando utter testifies he remains our best and financially most saleable player IMO!