Fessi and Hutch

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Gunna be a big issue this when Hutch is fit, a lot of wednesdayites gunna be getting wound up when Sam is missing out on squads or sat on the bench .....it’s very very hard to argue with the job that David Jones does he’s got so much experience at this level , the stats and his CV speak for themselves 

Depends on results...If Wednesday go on a decent run, Hutch won't come into the equation, nor will fessi

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Depends on results...If Wednesday go on a decent run, Hutch won't come into the equation, nor will fessi

You would like to think not, but FF is golden boy and people slate Jones regardless because he’s not running about breaking players in 2 ala Hutch 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Gunna be a big issue this when Hutch is fit, a lot of wednesdayites gunna be getting wound up when Sam is missing out on squads or sat on the bench .....it’s very very hard to argue with the job that David Jones does he’s got so much experience at this level , the stats and his CV speak for themselves 

Squad game. If Hutch and Fernando are being kept our by a winning side and players at the top of their game there will be no grumbling for any sensible supporter. 

Lose games of course and there will be talking points, but it was ever thus...

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You say that, but after one bad result fans on here wanted Jones out. And several wanted Fletch out too. 

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You say that, but after one bad result fans on here wanted Jones out. And several wanted Fletch out too. 

There will always be talk when we've had a defeat though.

Especially a horrific one. And it was horrific. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

And Jones was left out by Carlos for the Birmingham game, so perhaps the fans were right 

2 hours ago, kazads said:

Hutch is a centre back that's where he should play ...and will I'm sure

Whilst I agree he is a natural defender he can also play the CDM role very well.  He made a huge impact when he came on in midfield after half time in the away leg of the play off semi at Brighton and, our upturn in form last season coincided with a return to this position (Fulham away) after he had been playing at CB earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thanks for re-quoting  my earlier post that's the point Hutch was a hero for much of last year but you Holmowl  as well as a lot more now think Jones can't be replaced by him and Hutch's many outstanding performances have been forgotten and people only remember his recklessness, as I said many of our fans have a 20 minute memory.

As I posted earlier players have dips in form or poor games all the time and with the squad we have they have to step aside at times.  It Hutch had been fit he would have deserved to come back in after United and Brum performances but he wasn't  Jones upped his game now he's got control again but it won't stay that way that's football, same with Fletcher who was looking leggy but had a great game and will stay in. In fairness to Carlos contrary to what a lot have said he sticks with players who play well as well as having favourites.

As far as I'm concerned fans who think Hutch won't eventually re-establish his class really aren't at the races but it's all opinions isn't it.

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Did it work?

Fine margins isn't it Holmowl.  Hoopers goal is correctly given and that game takes on a different angle.  

For what it's worth though I have a feeling that whatever the result at Birmingham that Carlos was going to put in the boys who played United in the next Hillsborough match. Give them a chance to make amends. 

Might seem far fetched to some, but I am convinced it was a redemption selection. 

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl
23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats true asteener but those in the team now will at some time have either an injury and dip in form it happens and then the player out will come in and either re-establish himself or otherwise but people constantly decrying SAMs ability are not being realistic this is a guy who we'd never have sniffed were it not for his previous health issues. He will eventually get back in he's that good and Jones imo is fragile game to game....but we'll see.

9 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Whilst I agree he is a natural defender he can also play the CDM role very well.  He made a huge impact when he came on in midfield after half time in the away leg of the play off semi at Brighton and, our upturn in form last season coincided with a return to this position (Fulham away) after he had been playing at CB earlier in the season. 

He wasn't at it his best last season alongside Bannan in what was often a more orthodox 442 with Reach and Wallace wide. 

But he was still one of our better players...

I have no reason at all to think he couldn't do an excellent job at the base of this more obvious diamond shape.

Indeed. I think ot wpuld suit him best of all.

He showed his immense quality playing just that position against Arsenal.

Guest Copthorneowl
17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Did it work?

The result doesn't say that it didn't work.  I could and would argue that it put the desired rocket up Jones' arris because he deserved 100% to be dropped after his 45 mins against United.

Would you say he shouldn't have been dropped?

Hutch is a shoe in if he was injury free and not so reckless.....

The recklessness is baffling given his injury problems...He sorta thinks..."I may have a bad knee but that won't stop me kickin' this f.ooker up in the ai..Arghhh, me f.ookin' Knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You can see the red mist descend...We have all shouted from the Kop..."Nooooooooo Hutch...don't!!!!!!".......Like 15'000 bloody psychiatrists.

Ive seen him haring after someone from 30 yds...an' shout "Hutch don't..calm the f.ook down Hu...Aww fkinell Hutch"

Its in his make up, and if you took it out he wouldn't be Hutch

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Did it work?

You really need to start watching more games if you are going to keep arguing 

At Burton Jones was awful, their strong running midfield ran past him at will and we got a point despite him

At Birmingham Butterfield who replaced Jones was one of our better performers on the night.

You claim the defeat at Birmingham as justification for playing Jones when you didn't see a minute of the game

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Hutch is a shoe in if he was injury free and not so reckless.....

The recklessness is baffling given his injury problems...He sorta thinks..."I may have a bad knee but that won't stop me kickin' this f.ooker up in the ai..Arghhh, me f.ookin' Knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You can see the red mist descend...We have all shouted from the Kop..."Nooooooooo Hutch...don't!!!!!!".......Like 15'000 bloody psychiatrists.

Ive seen him haring after someone from 30 yds...an' shout "Hutch don't..calm the f.ook down Hu...Aww fkinell Hutch"

Its in his make up, and if you took it out he wouldn't be Hutch

Good, very true  and very funny can't stop giggling my wife looking at me as if I'm ...well best not say.

9 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

The result doesn't say that it didn't work.  I could and would argue that it put the desired rocket up Jones' arris because he deserved 100% to be dropped after his 45 mins against United.

Would you say he shouldn't have been dropped?

Yes I would. 

You dont bin a run of 12 games unbeaten because the guy was poor for his 45 minutes v United. 

If we use use the same logic elsewhere in the team we would have made 10 changes for Birmingham. Only this morning you yourself argued that our fans call for changes based on one bad result.

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fine margins isn't it Holmowl.  Hoopers goal is correctly given and that game takes on a different angle.  

For what it's worth though I have a feeling that whatever the result at Birmingham that Carlos was going to put in the boys who played United in the next Hillsborough match. Give them a chance to make amends. 

Might seem far fetched to some, but I am convinced it was a redemption selection. 

Sounds like the title of some ProgRock band from the 70s.