Fessi and Hutch

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I would. 

You dont bin a run of 12 games unbeaten because the guy was poor for his 45 minutes v United. 

If we use use the same logic elsewhere in the team we would have made 10 changes for Birmingham. Only this morning you yourself argued that our fans call for changes based on one bad result.

If Jones only had a poor 45 in those 12 games I might agree, clearly we are on a different page.

I predict Hutch will be back and show his class but we'll see. I sincerely however hope Jones stays on top of his game.

5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I predict Hutch will be back and show his class but we'll see. I sincerely however hope Jones stays on top of his game.

I'll nail my colours firmly on your mast here Copthorne, let's all hope Jones continues to perform as he did yesterday whilst at the same time knowing that Hutch is straining at the leash ready to stake a claim should the chance come.

I think we'll all be happy with that scenario, including Carlos. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

On 26/08/2017 at 21:32, oldishowl said:

He did play well today .

Problem soon will be what happens when Lee is fit. We are desperate for his forward runs but take Jones out and we will struggle to retain any kind of possession 

37 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You really need to start watching more games if you are going to keep arguing 

At Burton Jones was awful, their strong running midfield ran past him at will and we got a point despite him

At Birmingham Butterfield who replaced Jones was one of our better performers on the night.

You claim the defeat at Birmingham as justification for playing Jones when you didn't see a minute of the game

Your view of Jones v Burton has changed.

7 hours ago, oldishowl said:

This thing about selecting people for the play offs and ruining our form is a total myth made up on here.

Hooper was injured for the playoffs yet you talk as if he was dropped and this was the only change for the away leg

The midfield then got totally outplayed in the away leg and he strengthened it physically by bringing Hutch back in at home

Yet again the players failed to perform but ignore that and blame the coach. The mistake he made was not making more changes!

Hmmm don't agree with that. Point is he went for a tried and tested lineup that didn't work. 

How can we go from being unbeaten in 6 to a no show in the playoffs? 

I never said Hooper got dropped - I know he was injured but we had a replacement in Rhodes.  The squad is big enough to cover 

We beat them pretty easily in the league and credit to them they were well organised, especially at ours. 

Yes the players didn't deliver but CC got his tactics and selection wrong in both legs. Players respond when they are comfortable with the system and set up, something which they clearly weren't - that responsibility lies with manager so yes, the buck stops with him. 

CC went with majority of the the same lineup that lost to Hull at Wembley the year before - that didn't work so why did he replicate it? 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl