Chansiri won't sack Carlos

props to him for his interview today, although he lost it a little, their was some truth to what he was saying

why haven't the journalists asked him about the players not being good enough before the derby match? as well as other criticisms?

credit to giddings though, he didn't back off 

10 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Riding our club up to 6th and 4th from the lower regions of the division? And dont even think of using Chansiris idiotic money wasting as evidence against Carlos. His normal starting 11 are the players he wants to use and most came on frees or were already here with the exception of Reach and a couple of others, with Reach being the big money buy at £5M with all the add ons & the best player on the pitch for us on Sunday & close to it more often than not.

If DC bought the players CC wanted we would be in a much healthier position short term, long term and have a full squad at the start of the season not a month into it.

Vote DC out if you dont like the way things are going. He's dropped far more clangers than Carlos including the hiked up prices, lack of stripes, stupid squad numbers and less than amateur attempts at producing our own strip, before we even start on the bad buys. Carlos does well to win so many games with so much cr@p coming at him from all angles. Again I can put up with the tripe DC has dropped on us so far because he is the owner and can do what he wants but people really need to live in the real world. We are one of 24 teams all wanting the same thing. Once everybody pulls together you never know what might happen but so far this season a lot of forum and social media lovers have been very embarassingly weak minded and trigger happy. Grow some you lilly livered lot!

Don't know about you but I do tend to get a tad f***** off making 400 mile round trips to watch some of the dross we as paying customers have to sit through,but hey this is a football forum and we all have different opinions about the goings on at S6. My point was CC has had a fairly easy ride from the fans so far so he has too expect the rough with the smooth.

7 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Don't know about you but I do tend to get a tad f***** off making 400 mile round trips to watch some of the dross we as paying customers have to sit through,but hey this is a football forum and we all have different opinions about the goings on at S6. My point was CC has had a fairly easy ride from the fans so far so he has too expect the rough with the smooth.

We local fans are always amazed when fans travel to and from Kent, Scotland and beyond to watch the Owls. I personally travelled 21 hours from the other side of the world to meet my mate who had travelled from Scotland for the pig travesty, but after 40 odd years watching the Owls I do not suddenly think our hard working manager who regularly travels to and from Portugal at the drop of a hat, has suddenly lost the plot and deserves a rough ride from a group of moronic fans who may or may not travel a few miles to moan about watching a bad game. Fans have travelled for years watching us play absolute sh!te for year after year with far less whingeing, so dont try to justify a sad moan at the bloke who is going to take us up just because you are weak and havent got the stonach for the even longer ride ahead. Make the most of your trips. The football is more often than not a small and unsatisfyingly small part of it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

We local fans are always amazed when fans travel to and from Kent, Scotland and beyond to watch the Owls. I personally travelled 21 hours from the other side of the world to meet my mate who had travelled from Scotland for the pig travesty, but after 40 odd years watching the Owls I do not suddenly think our hard working manager who regularly travels to and from Portugal at the drop of a hat, has suddenly lost the plot and deserves a rough ride from a group of moronic fans who may or may not travel a few miles to moan about watching a bad game. Fans have travelled for years watching us play absolute sh!te for year after year with far less whingeing, so dont try to justify a sad moan at the bloke who is going to take us up just because you are weak and havent got the stonach for the even longer ride ahead. Make the most of your trips. The football is more often than not a small and unsatisfyingly small part of it. 

Weak and haven't got the stomach tho, I'm just stating my opinion you think he's taking us up and I honestly hope you're right mate but I just can't see it myself. He's a good coach but he comes up short quite a lot when it really matters IMO.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

He doesn't.  However you seem to have mastered the art.

Are you his boyfriend?? 

I think if you go back through my post...I've listed several reasons that support my argument. You n Ramone on the other hand just keep saying your right I'm wrong. Very intellectual on both your parts.

14 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

How far did you have to travel in the previous 15 years that we were dross?

14 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Oh yes he will, but timing is everything. Can't see it happening until it's been confirmed we can't hit the play-offs at least. Doing so before that point is likely to cost us a place at the end of the season

I'm not even so sure about Chansiri being happy with the playoffs having lived through the past two attempts.

on Sunday afternoon we could be 12-13 points off automatic places. If Chansiri really wanted promotion this season then that's a worrying place to be 

Guest BULGARIA
23 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Not saying much when he's had the most money to spend in our history. What exactly has he achieved with it? I'd say any manager worth his salt would have got us to a play off final with the money he's had.

Why is that so hard to fathom for some?

21 hours ago, doubleo said:

The way I see it is this - his first season was wonderful. Attacking, exciting football and a Wembley trip to boot. We really didn't expect to get promoted but were so close. He gets money from the chairman but failed to address the shortcomings in his first season. His second season, the football is turgid and negative, his saving grace is we finished a couple of places higher with a few more points. The play off was a disaster. Negative tactics and we missed a golden opportunity. He gets money from the chairman, still buys more of the same and off we go on this season.

We are short of pace, we don't look fit, we are small in midfield, we lack a right winger with a right foot, we infact often have an unbalanced side due to too many left footers, we ask full backs to be wingers and scream at them for leaving the back door open when they lose the ball and we have an £8 mill striker on the bench.

I would love Carlos to turn it around but what more does he need ? He hasn't learnt from his previous mistakes, he has spent millions and he's had 2 1/2 years and we are going backwards. We've just been properly turned over by a squad not half our value, by a manager who has never managed in this division and been in post less time than Carlos. If this result doesn't see a massive and immediate change in tactics then he has to go.

It was such a disaster we lost on a penalty shoot out. I accept that as fans we wanted to attack them and win in normal time but a penalty shoot out is a 50=50 chance, a coin throw. If we had won the shoot out nobody would be complaining about the tactics. It's fine lines and that is as fine as it gets.

Don't get me wrong the football last season was turgid, tedious but we did get more points than the year before so on that basis it was more successful.

16 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Riding our club up to 6th and 4th from the lower regions of the division? And dont even think of using Chansiris idiotic money wasting as evidence against Carlos. His normal starting 11 are the players he wants to use and most came on frees or were already here with the exception of Reach and a couple of others, with Reach being the big money buy at £5M with all the add ons & the best player on the pitch for us on Sunday & close to it more often than not.

If DC bought the players CC wanted we would be in a much healthier position short term, long term and have a full squad at the start of the season not a month into it.

Vote DC out if you dont like the way things are going. He's dropped far more clangers than Carlos including the hiked up prices, lack of stripes, stupid squad numbers and less than amateur attempts at producing our own strip, before we even start on the bad buys. Carlos does well to win so many games with so much cr@p coming at him from all angles. Again I can put up with the tripe DC has dropped on us so far because he is the owner and can do what he wants but people really need to live in the real world. We are one of 24 teams all wanting the same thing. Once everybody pulls together you never know what might happen but so far this season a lot of forum and social media lovers have been very embarassingly weak minded and trigger happy. Grow some you lilly livered lot!

Wow are the apologists really that desparate to believe this utter rubbish

9 minutes ago, debram said:

Think DC is a different entity to Adolf, you never know though he may have a ruthless streak which could come out anytime.

He was ruthless when he sacked Gray.

Thinking about the thread on past managers, Gray was one of the most successful in recent times. Saved us from almost certain relegation, then in his one and only full season - after being forced to sell our best player - gets us to mid-table. And his is still the core of the team, all those millions later.

Oh, and we're still playing "pragmatic" football.

58 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

He was ruthless when he sacked Gray.

Thinking about the thread on past managers, Gray was one of the most successful in recent times. Saved us from almost certain relegation, then in his one and only full season - after being forced to sell our best player - gets us to mid-table. And his is still the core of the team, all those millions later.

Oh, and we're still playing "pragmatic" football.

Yes and many of us came on here several times, in support of him saying give him the money, especially when on one occasion the club was divided, Jones had been sacked, Stu had won god knows how many games and some deranged nuggets were actually backing a move for Colin! At a time when the club needed everybody to pull together a small contingent of our own fans were actually wanting a man who was our sworn enemy and who most of us could not stand. Hahah sounds familiar doesn't it!:manager:                 :stuwinky:

I seem to recall that we had far, far many chances on goal and scored only a small number of goals because the quality of our finishers were so poor. Can you imagine how many goals Rhodes, Forestieri and Hooper would be scoring now in that kind of environment? Our only real creative outlet was McGugan, we had defenders like Joe Mattock, Helan and Palmer, who helped equal our standing defensive record for the number of clean sheets and in front of a packed crowd and live on Sky we hammered l**ds 6-0 at Hillsborough!

If and when Carlos does finally leave us, maybe a return for Stu would not be the end of the world, although hopefully when Carlos does finally take his leave of us, he will be leaving us with a good squad competing with the best in the Prem.

UTO!

Edited by Ante's Bubbly