Chansiri won't sack Carlos

18 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

If we don't get on track quickly after this defeat, there is no doubt CC will be gone. 

My problem is that some fans would rather us lose the next 6 points for that to happen. 

Its a sad situation, but if there was the choice between 1) doing badly in the next 2 games and then bringing in a manager who will sort out our problems, or 2) go on a little run of 4-5 games unbeaten under Carlos and then get found out in big games again. I expect a lot would choose the first option 

the truth is that anything can happen in the next few games, managerial decisions are always about gut feelings. Coz you don't know if a manager stays whether he will turn things around. 

The question is how long you leave it before making a decision. We've had 2.5 years under Carlos and over £40m spent on players. My gut feeling is we won't get promoted under the current set up, so win or lose the next two matches I don't think it will make a difference to where our future lies. But my gut feeling could turn out to be wrong 

25 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

If we don't get on track quickly after this defeat, there is no doubt CC will be gone. 

My problem is that some fans would rather us lose the next 6 points for that to happen. 

It's a sad state of affairs if these so called fans want us to lose games just so they can see a manager sacked. We should be hoping we win every game regardless of our personal feelings about the manager, after all WAWAW?

I do wonder sometimes.

Just now, JoshTheOwl said:

Are you looking forward to the game tomorrow? Seeing Barry Bannan who starts left mid spend all his time in the centre? Seeing Reach having to do the job of a winger and defender? Seeing 2 strikers who can both score goals feed off scraps? Seeing Dave Jones in the middle of the park? 

Let me tell you something,there has never ever been a time where i haven't looked forward to a game.............ever,even when we were super shybo.

Thats how i roll

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

I hope we lose both our next games if it means the end of CC

But just because we lose doesn't mean CC will then be sacked, so we should all just support the team and hope we keep winning. Edit: start winning again!

as I say above, I have the gut feeling that no matter what happens in the next few games we haven't got a manager to get us promoted from this league. But hopefully Chansiri will feel that too, even if we win the next two games. 

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Why will it get toxic? 

Most Wednesday fans live in the real world. Like I said, a few people murmuring on an internet forum doesn't represent the whole fan base.

You'll be getting toxic with a minority. I hope that makes you feel powerful...   

The more and more i read you posts, the more i come to the conclusion that you are delusional and you really cant see the wood for the trees!! Either that or you a proper wind up merchant...i cant make my mind up!! Why wouldn't it get toxic, let me give you a few reasons......

1. Spent millions on a squad (which is now a settled squad) that should be pushing top two. No arguments!!!
  2. Poor negative tactics that often see us set out to nick a win by the odd goal.
  3. Playing for 45 minutes of a game!! often finding ourselves coming from behind to win points.
  4. No real progress from the previous 2 seasons. We still look like a side that might just scrape a playoff position...despite all the "were one point better off than last season" brigade, this isn't progress
  5. Not addresed areas of weakness within the side, no pace or width and shock horror despite spending £4/£5m on a new CH we still look very suspect at the back.
  6. Just lost to our local rivals in embarrassing fashion (lack of fight, spirit, passion...call it what you want it was embarrassing)
  7. Playing an inform Leeds side who i would expect to approach the game in a similar style to Sunday...scary thought!!!

That's just half a dozen reasons briefly explained there are more and the list could go on and on.

Carlos is ruining a very good squad of players and he is dividing the fan base rapidly. If we lose Sunday i can only see the divide becoming more one sided!!

Again he splashed £5m on a young CH who looks very suspect when people run at him, he hasn't improved the side at all IMO. He as cost us 3/4 goals in his first few outings (people are blind by have far he can kick it!!)

I hope this helps your lack of understanding!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The more and more i read you posts, the more i come to the conclusion that you are delusional and you really cant see the wood for the trees!! Either that or you a proper wind up merchant...i cant make my mind up!! Why wouldn't it get toxic, let me give you a few reasons......

1. Spent millions on a squad (which is now a settled squad) that should be pushing top two. No arguments!!!
  2. Poor negative tactics that often see us set out to nick a win by the odd goal.
  3. Playing for 45 minutes of a game!! often finding ourselves coming from behind to win points.
  4. No real progress from the previous 2 seasons. We still look like a side that might just scrape a playoff position...despite all the "were one point better off than last season" brigade, this isn't progress
  5. Not addresed areas of weakness within the side, no pace or width and shock horror despite spending £4/£5m on a new CH we still look very suspect at the back.
  6. Just lost to our local rivals in embarrassing fashion (lack of fight, spirit, passion...call it what you want it was embarrassing)
  7. Playing an inform Leeds side who i would expect to approach the game in a similar style to Sunday...scary thought!!!

That's just half a dozen reasons briefly explained there are more and the list could go on and on.

Carlos is ruining a very good squad of players and he is dividing the fan base rapidly. If we lose Sunday i can only see the divide becoming more one sided!!

Again he splashed £5m on a young CH who looks very suspect when people run at him, he hasn't improved the side at all IMO. He as cost us 3/4 goals in his first few outings (people are blind by have far he can kick it!!)

I hope this helps your lack of understanding!!!!!

I'm not deluded. I go to games and not once under Carlos' reign have I ever felt 'oooo, the fans are going to turn on him soon'

Thanks for you concern but I say it how it is. Simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Good. He's the best manager we've had since Atkinson. Would be crazy to lose him now. Perhaps the" toxic" fans might actually get behind the club instead of stirring pooh up from behind their keyboards.

Just how is he the 'Best' manager since Atkinson?.

The squad is the best we have had for years, decades, we have 3 of the best strikers at this level, not including FF, who can get 15 - 20 goals a season each, but never get near that.

We have one of the smallest midfields in the Div, also one that's easily over come.

From where I stand, I just don't see how we are any better a team than we were when he arrived.

Fans talk of 'Fortress' Hillsborough, teams love to come and play here, because they know they will get an easy ride, some Forteress.

As I say, after 2.5 years, just how is he the best?.

38 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

It's a sad state of affairs if these so called fans want us to lose games just so they can see a manager sacked. We should be hoping we win every game regardless of our personal feelings about the manager, after all WAWAW?

I do wonder sometimes.

It must be very crowded in the Village of Hope these days.

• Haha 1

Guest Deleted member

If it gets toxic I can see the Chairman walking before CC. This is quite clearly a vanity project for him, and once his ego stops being stroked he will lose interest very quickly.

The club is in a very precarious position. Be careful what you wish for

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Pound for pound our best manager since Atkinson is Brian Laws. 

I often wonder how he would have got on with the same level of financial backing that Carlos gets. I don't think fans fully appreciate what a good job he did given the conditions that he had to operate under.

45 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'm not deluded. I go to games and not once under Carlos' reign have I ever felt 'oooo, the fans are going to turn on him soon'

Thanks for you concern but I say it how it is. Simple as that. 

A quick simple question...have you been going to the games this season wearing a blind fold and ear muffs?? Fans have been turning on him since the end of last season, throughout pre-season and certainly for the most of this.