Sheffield Wednesday V Brentford OMDT

After a terrific win against Forest at the weekend Wednesday Welcome  Dean Smiths' Bees to Hillsborough on Tonight...

Wednesday - V - Brentford

21616558_10156081622591111_7870834608445

We had a cracking result at the weekend against Forest, starting brightly and in all honesty should have been a couple of goals to the good after just five minutes.  It's the sort of start to a game that the fans have been hoping for (and some expecting)  all of the season so far.

The manager for his part in - between culinary analogies- had said before the game that not much had changed since his first season.  However, the following day we saw a performance in the opening exchanges which was more like the football we saw from Carlos' side when he first arrived.   Perhaps it was the same and we were all victim to some mass hallucination which made us think it was a different approach. Or maybe, as some have suggested, Forest were just dreadful.

The truth probably lies somewhere in-between.

Whatever the reason we'll all be hoping to see a similar start to proceedings later this evening.   Hoping. But are we expecting?  That's a dangerous game expecting isn't it? 

"Expectation is the route of all heartache"  my Grandfather used to say. And how right he was I discovered as I fell into my bed chamber on my honeymoon.

But it's hard for people not to be expectant with Brentford sat as they are currently second from bottom in the Championship table, without a win to their name

21617674_10156081622136111_8085707251685

Their best player Jota and skipper Dean have gone to Birmingham to play for rubber-faced chancer Davros Redknapp. Closely followed by Maxime Colin for £3m.    

They managed to keep Winger Sergi Canos which is a massive plus for them...

But.... he has done his ankle in against Aston Villa and looks set to miss out.

Probable Brentford  Line-up

21559078_10156081622351111_2462730818299

For Wednesday I think it's safe to assume that most supporter would be keen to see the same side go out into battle again. The are signs of little partnerships forging all over the pitch, and they should be built on. 

The only two real doubts will be whether two games so close together might be a bit too much for the brilliant Kieran Lee and Steven Fletcher who had the old knee strapped up again against Forest and fair hobbled to the dressing room from the bench at the final whistle. If these two are rested (and there is a possibility with a tough game at Cardiff around the corner) Then Rhodes and Butterfield seem to be the obvious replacements. 

Probable Wednesday Lineup 

21463105_10156081641431111_3964808458517

Neither team has found the goal on too regular a basis this season

With Wednesday in 16th place and Brentford in 18th place. .

21686180_10156081622141111_8245431224518

In Brentfords case that is probably little surprising given the amount of talent they have lost in the window. 

In Wednesdays case it is (for  the support at least) maybe a little frustrating given the talent we know we have at our disposal and what we know the players can do individually.

The good thing is that there were signs of us creating the opportunities for our excellent strikers at the weekend. Hopefully our goalscoring exploits  against Forest was the tip of the iceberg. 

21557475_10156081683416111_1989406836467

COME ON WEDNESDAY

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant Lord, keep it up and let's hope Wednesday keep it up by playing well from the start and get another 3 points on the board, the bees might be second last but they won't be there for long so better not underestimate them, think a 2 nil win will suffice and climbing the league 

uto

Thanks Snooty great OMDT.

Just read CC's pre match comments, I understand all games are tough but let's not show Brentford too much respect like last season, in fact deep down I'd like to see us fired up and thoroughly disrespecting them!!! lol

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I never wish illness on anyone but if Daniel Bentley could go down with 24 hour gastroenteritis i'd be very happy .......I reckon our goal difference last season would have been about 12 goals better if we hadn't ran into him .

Perfectly acceptable to wish 24hr bugs on people. 

I say Snooty, that is a top notch OMDT again. But how long will it last? It's yours until you want to give it up methinks, people do seem to get fed up of it after a time and are glad to pass it on but I'm of the opinion your OMDT are that good the site owner should really recompense you somewhat to keep you interested.:manager:

5 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I say Snooty, that is a top notch OMDT again. But how long will it last? It's yours until you want to give it up methinks, people do seem to get fed up of it after a time and are glad to pass it on but I'm of the opinion your OMDT are that good the site owner should really recompense you somewhat to keep you interested.:manager:

I'm glad to do it while-ever this run continues since I took it on undefeated!

5 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Tough game, but one we should fully be winning.

They won't come and be as open as Forest were. I am expecting a home game similar to Burton last season. 

Sheffield Wednesday 2 v 1 Brentford

That's true enough. Just hope we manage expectation levels if we don't smash the door down in the opening 10 minutes.

We might have to be a bit more patient. 

They've had a bad start but managed to keep Wolves and Villa at bay with two clean sheets in the last two outings.