Sheffield Wednesday V Brentford OMDT

1 hour ago, wenzdyboy said:

When will we ever learn? How about we do like we did on Saturday? Play our best players from the start, get in front, then take them off. Or start out poorly and end up chasing the game, scraping a 1-1?

I'm not sure what we are supposed to be "learning". The squad is there to be used which can mean resting players who have knocks that would make them 50:50, or recognising that in the real world some players have the physicality to be ever present and others not. 

44 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Fantastic anecdote. Reminded me of a time I excused myself from an aunt's wedding reception to go to a football match. She was stunned and it didn't help that we lost. 

Brilliant.

Bet we all have some of these.

My best headline would be "Fiancé buys own engagement ring while fella watches Man City 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday."

Not my finest hour, but she wasn't right for me anyway........nor clearly vice-versa!

• Haha 1

I'm expecting a surprise or two from Carlos this evening, hopefully it won't coincide with a turnaround result for Brentford which Wednesday always seem to give away to struggling sides...

Westwwod

Lees                  Van Aken

Hunt                                                                     Reach

Jones

Wallace         Butterfield       Bannan

Nuhiu

Rhodes

13 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I'm not sure what we are supposed to be "learning". The squad is there to be used which can mean resting players who have knocks that would make them 50:50, or recognising that in the real world some players have the physicality to be ever present and others not. 

We should be learning that changing a winning team more often than not disrupts momentum a prevents teams getting 'on a roll'.

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bit harsh on Wallace ,old chap! His Link play with Hunt on Saturday was one of the highlights of the game for me. That lovely way he gave the defender the eyes before playing Hunt in with a perfectly weighted reverse pass for Lees goal.

9 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

They were practically telepathic. 

I think Hunt-Wallace is a terrific and under-rated partnership.

Yes, neither is the perfect player. But as a duo they terrorise left-hand sides of oppositions. If Hunt could improve his end product even slightly (though to be fair this season is looking far better) then we would be in clover down our right.

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bit harsh on Wallace ,old chap! His Link play with Hunt on Saturday was one of the highlights of the game for me. That lovely way he gave the defender the eyes before playing Hunt in with a perfectly weighted reverse pass for Lees goal.

I agree.... I was going on the impression he doesn't make it as he's one of the four there checking on. Hunt Wallace Fletcher and Lee. The only reason I've included Lee is he's magnificent at everything including recovery!

5 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Really? Do we do a lot of changing a winning team for reasons other than injuries? What are the outcomes when we do make such unforced changes compared to when we don't? 

Look at the side we played when we beat Brum and Blackburn at home last season, then the much-tinkered side that played the next home v Brentford.

He switched from 2 CMs to 3

He switched BB from centre to wide

He switched from two wingers to one

He switched from to strikers to 1+FF

And he switched wins to a loss.

The play-off final....3 changes, only one thru injury. 

Loves a tinker our Carlos.

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree.... I was going on the impression he doesn't make it as he's one of the four there checking on. Hunt Wallace Fletcher and Lee. The only reason I've included Lee is he's magnificent at everything including recovery!

Injury aside his 'general' fitness levels must be incredible. 

If you were an outsider looking in at that match there is no way you'd pick him out ad the player who had been out months. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Injury aside his 'general' fitness levels must be incredible. 

If you were an outsider looking in at that match there is no way you'd pick him out ad the player who had been out months. 

Can't agree more. Just watch him for 5 mins in a game when there's a quiet period (when he's fully fit) he never stops running... even when the balls out of play he's jogging about. It's incredible I am genuinely shocked (but very happy) no one in the top flight has taken him as I believe he can play there easily 

Westwood 

Hunt Lees Van Aken Fox 

Boyd Jones Bannan Reach 

Rhodes Hooper

That's what I'm guessing- i'm assuming Lee cannot manage another start so soon,  Fletcher's knee needs a break and Carlos seems to (historically) love swapping a full back on these Sat-Tues-Sat runs of games. 

I'd love it to be unchanged though. Hopefully our Carlos has been being a bit crafty with his press conference. 

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Why do people think they will "come for a draw" and "park the bus"?

That's not how Brentford set up. They go for it. They will score tonight. They still have some good players there and will be a big threat.

I'll guess we need to score three to win.

Im looking forward to it even more then.