Let's not get carried away

19 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Got to say I agree to an extent. We played well but Forest were pretty poor. And as solid as the young Dutch lad was for his debut some of the posts on here tonight you would think he was the next De Boer. He was caught on the wrong side for the goal, out of position and had he even made up the ground (he wouldn't) he would have probably given away a foul and a penalty anyway, can't go to ground like that. He actually was caught a foot or two out of position quite often and better teams would have seriously punished him for it.

I love a bit of positivity and I think the lad will be OK but he needs to do some work in training first. People need to take a breath and cut down the hype and expectation on him, the poor sod.

And i think youre being a tad harsh on the lad to be honest, thought he was solid and his distribution blinds Lees's. Yes he could maybe have done better for the goal but to be fair it was a great finish! Maybe with a bit more protection from the midfield he wouldnt have been forced to make challenge.

11 minutes ago, Ronio said:

So let me get this right, when the opposition win, we arewank.  

When we win, they arewank. 

Yep I've got it. 

Nah when we lose the opposition arewank and we're worse. 

When we win, we arewank just less so

Pretty certain that's the correct narrative for some 

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

Forest were poor. We played very well a times, but they will finish bottom 6, if they are lucky. 

Dutch lad did well, but the goal was his fault. Poor defending, and this league is unforgiving. He will get far tougher tests than a Forest side playing one up front. 

Proof again that Keiron Lee is our best player, by a country mile. Has had months out, and bossed it from minute one. That lad is the glue that holds this side together. 

Yeah, lets not get carried away, let's criticise and castigate the team after a good win, WTF is up with some of our so called supporters? Sorry @Grandad they had it coming.

42 minutes ago, vulva said:

Forest were poor. We played very well a times, but they will finish bottom 6, if they are lucky. 

Dutch lad did well, but the goal was his fault. Poor defending, and this league is unforgiving. He will get far tougher tests than a Forest side playing one up front. 

Proof again that Keiron Lee is our best player, by a country mile. Has had months out, and bossed it from minute one. That lad is the glue that holds this side together. 

Van Aken had to come across and try to cover for Lees and Hunt...if you think the goal was his fault you are a complete idiot.

41 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Got to say I agree to an extent. We played well but Forest were pretty poor. And as solid as the young Dutch lad was for his debut some of the posts on here tonight you would think he was the next De Boer. He was caught on the wrong side for the goal, out of position and had he even made up the ground (he wouldn't) he would have probably given away a foul and a penalty anyway, can't go to ground like that. He actually was caught a foot or two out of position quite often and better teams would have seriously punished him for it.

I love a bit of positivity and I think the lad will be OK but he needs to do some work in training first. People need to take a breath and cut down the hype and expectation on him, the poor sod.

Spot on, showing potential but not there yet.

45 minutes ago, vulva said:

Lee is absolutely made for the way Carlos is setting us up at home now. 

As is Bannan and Reach.

We aren't going to win the majority of our home games this season even against tougher opposition if everyone stays relatively fit.

Guest The Horse

Forest were not rubbish. They played some good football and had plenty of possession.
They just had no cutting edge in the final third.
However, it did feel like we could always get another goal.
We had the quality where it counted which is why we ended up 3-1 winners.
We were very, very good today.

10 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Van Aken had to come across and try to cover for Lees and Hunt...if you think the goal was his fault you are a complete idiot.

My initial instinct was to say Van Aken should have won the ball. However he was on the stretch and I can see why he didn't completely clean him out as he would have been sent off and probably conceded the penalty. 

Benefit of the doubt given to Van Aken for me.

Let's be honest it was no Sasso ducking out of the way was it.

lol

Edited by pazowl55

I think we need the positivity. The game could've been different had Lees not cleared that shot and I think forest are better now than last season. There are no gimmies in this league. 

Today we missed some good chances but managed to stick away some nonetheless and got the luck of the bounce with lee. Had we got the same breaks against qpr and Sunderland then we'd have been top 4 now. There is nothing in most games but I think we looked good at times and some positivity around the place will only help us fall the right side of that fine line more often in the future.

54 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good lord, we dont half some throwers. We are a second tier team, ergo we dont have the best team in the world. A very good performance today, I came away very pleased. Should I have been looking for the negatives?