Let's not get carried away

Forest were poor. We played very well a times, but they will finish bottom 6, if they are lucky. 

Dutch lad did well, but the goal was his fault. Poor defending, and this league is unforgiving. He will get far tougher tests than a Forest side playing one up front. 

Proof again that Keiron Lee is our best player, by a country mile. Has had months out, and bossed it from minute one. That lad is the glue that holds this side together. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Forest were poor. We played very well a times, but they will finish bottom 6, if they are lucky. 

Dutch lad did well, but the goal was his fault. Poor defending, and this league is unforgiving. He will get far tougher tests than a Forest side playing one up front. 

Proof again that Keiron Lee is our best player, by a country mile. Has had months out, and bossed it from minute one. That lad is the glue that holds this side together. 

thought forest did well and are no pushover, we were far from perfect but the win was priceless for confidence, (well mine at least)

Let's also take the positives, wins a win. Most defenders at our level has a mistake in them.

Early days for joost. However some good experience gained against as you say a poor side.

Personally, still concerned with regards to pace. However zero complaints today. It's a starting point. It's how we push on now.

Got to say I agree to an extent. We played well but Forest were pretty poor. And as solid as the young Dutch lad was for his debut some of the posts on here tonight you would think he was the next De Boer. He was caught on the wrong side for the goal, out of position and had he even made up the ground (he wouldn't) he would have probably given away a foul and a penalty anyway, can't go to ground like that. He actually was caught a foot or two out of position quite often and better teams would have seriously punished him for it.

I love a bit of positivity and I think the lad will be OK but he needs to do some work in training first. People need to take a breath and cut down the hype and expectation on him, the poor sod.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Generally agree with that and warn against getting carried away, but I'd fancy Forest for mid table possibly top half.

I'm not carried away, and it's only one performance and all that, but I'm very happy to say that I was entertained for the first time in a long time.

Think Forest have a soft underbelly, but I think they'll be higher than bottom six - and a top half finish wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, cowl said:

I'm not carried away, and it's only one performance and all that, but I'm very happy to say that I was entertained for the first time in a long time.

Think Forest have a soft underbelly, but I think they'll be higher than bottom six - and a top half finish wouldn't surprise me.

ime happy too, lets celebrate a win

Think the OP is being unduly harsh on Forest. No way they will be in the bottom 6 come season's end imo. I genuinely think we surprised them by playing uptempo for the first 15 minutes. Obvious that happened given Warburton's very early major tactical change..

Just now, Almat said:

Think the OP is being unduly harsh on Forest. No way they will be in the bottom 6 come season's end imo. I genuinely think we surprised them by playing uptempo for the first 15 minutes. Obvious that happened given Warburton's very early major tactical change..

Personally I agree they will struggle. They were very poor going forward, in fact they seemed intent just to kettle the centre of the pitch and hold it. They are relegation fodder.

11 minutes ago, cowl said:

true post

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agreed, they are very poor and play a dangerous game at the back which was their downfall and our advantage,winning is the only cure in my opinion as CC will still change the team and keep them rigid,winning breeds confidence,you can see we are still nervy at the back,Hooper was telling the team to push up virtually all game,this is where we differ from our first season under CC, that game would have been out of site sooner and they wouldn`t have settled on the ball so easily,yes we won 3-1 but until the shackles are off (if it ever happens)I will be as cautious as CC in my comments.

Hooper,Bannan,Lee,Hunt,Fletcher and Wallace all linked up well today and Bannan/Lee were the glue that kept us together,onward to the next game and hopefully 3 points.