Sheffield Wednesday REJECT bid for Jordan Rhodes

2 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

Astonished if this happened but if I was the Sunderland chairman I'd try my luck too...cause they need something to happen quick!

Reminds me of days past when we did things to keep our fans happy

For the love of god dont sell jordan

He has the potential to be the most potent striker since Hirsty and he will come good. This aint some 19 year old who's scored 167 goals in a season for kilmarnock, this is a proven striker at this level.

Hold your nerve carlos, give him the servive he needs and you will sipping wine with jose at old trafford before you know it pal.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Keeping up with the news then.

:manager:

It was theoretical. We've heard BS about it being an inflated market etc. Jota for 6m is a steal. So it Deen for 2m. Theres been a few more as well, we don't need Rhodes. We don't play to his strengths, hes a waste of money with the set up we currently have. 

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Lost his pace and hasn't been the old JR for well over a year now. Showed that last season.

Bad mistake signing. If its a good offer then cash in.

He's had very little to run for other than breadcrumbs!

10 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Lost his pace and hasn't been the old JR for well over a year now. Showed that last season.

rubbish....absolute rubbish. Sell him to cardiff then and see how much he struggles

22 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I was speaking to a Boro fan yesterday. He said he was astonished when he saw Rhodes play for them and how slow he was. But has pace ever been a part of his game?

Guest LittleG

Would be pure madness to sell him. We're not exactly prolific in front of goal with our supposedly best pairing. What happens if Hooper and Fletcher get injured, we could end up with a front two of Nuihu and Winnall!!! Keep him.

35 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I was speaking to a Boro fan yesterday. He said he was astonished when he saw Rhodes play for them and how slow he was. But has pace ever been a part of his game?

NO......

But our training /Coaching staff knew that already didn't they?

You would like to think that was the case .....

This wasn't the best kept secret in football .....or was it ?

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Exactly.....I've a mate who is a Blackburn fan who could argue he had Rhodes at his 'best' and he always says pace is not part of his game. He also said he worked best when alongside a big target man. Clearly all of us and the rest of the championship can see this.......sadly just our resident portugese manager who can't.

• Haha 1

Rhodes is a box player and definitely needs a target man next to him rather than passing through midfield to him.

He was lethal next to Gestede and Novak.Fletcher the only player we have in that mould and he plays better next to Hooper.

If we were going to build the side around Rhodes i'd say get Gestede from Boro and partner them up again.20 goals each at this level in 14/15.However as we don't use a settled striker line up and never put any crosses in i don't suppose it's likely.

If we sell Rhodes that's it for me. I'm done with Carlos. Despite some things that I've said which could imply I want Carlos out I've always been on fence as I have huge respect for what he has achieved. But selling Jordan Rhodes because he doesn't fit into the most boring, negative, bullshit system I've seen is just a stamp on the bolicks too far for me.