Forestieri to Fulham 12m

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

with the "praying for the window to shut" comment from carlos it would seem that he doesn't want him to go  .......IF  chansiri forces the issue it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't to long before  carlos is  out the door behind him ...........some might say that's killing 2 birds with one stone .

The article also says there is "live" interest in Bannan & Hooper. His "praying for the window to shut" might mean that he's hoping other players don't get their heads turned & DC cashes in.

Personally I think selling either of Bannan or Hooper would be lunacy & a signal that promotion is off the agenda.

39 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'd rather we offloaded fletcher and abdi at a loss. Jota, might just help with he creative aspect for Rhoades.

Either way it seems we need to cut a profit on a player, then try to refresh the squad. 

If that means bannan as well then so be it. Young hungry and talented. Is our remit.

We need to keep fletcher. Get rid of FF and Rhodes. Joao (cant remember how to spell his name is this right) Abdi will be more difficult as he isnt fit. This will free up some money to strengthen in other areas that we need.

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We would be pi55ing ourselves if the scrubbers were talking like this, happy to sell their best player to a rival. try and get his head right for starters, he's in the match day squad so we haven't got a McGugan situation here.

Hanley on loan and another centre mid possibly and lets go. I'd sooner see Carlos leave than Forestieri because another manager might just make all the difference and I'd rather play Utd with him in the team than not. 

I think you've forgotten how good he can be.

The last line sums it up for me. 

I want players that will walk over hot coals in order to run through walls just so they can slap their granny in the face to play for this club.

Not someone like FF who turns it on when he wants so long as he's playing in the right position, the ref is being nice to him and his missus isn't giving him a ball ache.

1 hour ago, BC1867 said:

Take the money.

Sack CC

Hire big Nige the horrible fanny who can go and purchase a centre back, a couple of pacey wingers and a better left back. 

Play the way we should have been playing. Attack. Winning.

After seeing how Pearson did at Derby, I'd not touch him with a barge pole.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We could go up with him too if we played a different system. But we wont. So let him go. Spend the money elsewhere.

I agree if he doesn't want to be here, but I can't see us spending the money by the end of the window 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

We could go up with him too if we played a different system. But we wont. So let him go. Spend the money elsewhere.

We could also go up without him if we played a system & that supplied the ammunition for Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall & Fletcher.  A group of strikers that any other club in the Championship would die for & would probably score goals for fun.

Sometimes in football you have to trade players and whilst I love watching FF play not sure him playing at 80% is worth him being retained if we can freshen up the squad elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We would be pi55ing ourselves if the scrubbers were talking like this, happy to sell their best player to a rival. try and get his head right for starters, he's in the match day squad so we haven't got a McGugan situation here.

Hanley on loan and another centre mid possibly and lets go. I'd sooner see Carlos leave than Forestieri because another manager might just make all the difference and I'd rather play Utd with him in the team than not. 

I think you've forgotten how good he can be.

Ordinarily, I'd agree.

But - last two seasons we've started sluggishly. And at the start of both seasons, forestieri has been in bother.

You don't sell your best players if you can avoid it. And I'd defo prefer not to sell to a promotion rival. But it's probably time to draw the line, as long as we can invest the fee, and build a team round players that are more reliable. 

Forestieri not getting on yesterday suggests to me, whatever has gone on, Carlos still isn't happy with him. There's not been a player more mollicuddled by Wednesday than forestieri, how long before the rest of the team get fed up?

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

If we pick up Jota, now we've just got an even bigger selection problem at striker, and we're still short at centre back and needing a more capable left back.

Unless we're also planning to move Winnall and Rhodes, no need for Jota.

We already have one overpriced, formerly prolific scorer that can't seem to get enough game time to get rolling, we don't need a second!

If we can find someone to offload Rhodes to, even at a loss, then maybe.

Jota isn't a striker... 

Just how genuine is this 12 million offer.???

And if there is some truth in it. How much is up front. In instalments or in future payments. 

Pretty sure if it was as straightforward as here's 12 million now that you can spend on new players.

Carlos would pick up Forestieri on chuck him in the general direction of Fulham.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Ordinarily, I'd agree.

But - last two seasons we've started sluggishly. And at the start of both seasons, forestieri has been in bother.

You don't sell your best players if you can avoid it. And I'd defo prefer not to sell to a promotion rival. But it's probably time to draw the line, as long as we can invest the fee, and build a team round players that are more reliable. 

Forestieri not getting on yesterday suggests to me, whatever has gone on, Carlos still isn't happy with him. There's not been a player more mollicuddled by Wednesday than forestieri, how long before the rest of the team get fed up?

When CC was asked why he disciplined FF he said he had to take into consideration the other players views & show them he was in charge so I suspect the rest of the team are already pissed off with his antics & if he is sold then squad harmony will be the overriding factor.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

And some were saying we'd only get £3/4m for him 

:duntmatter:

There are a lot of plums on this forum with zero business acumen.  Thankfully, they are not dealing with our transfer negotiations. 

If there is an offer of £12million on the table, I think we should sell even if it is to a rival as long as the monies get reinvested in the team. It's clear there has been issues over the last 12 months and it is absolutely pointless having a player of that ability on the bench or not in the 18.