Forestieri to Fulham 12m

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

If we pick up Jota, now we've just got an even bigger selection problem at striker, and we're still short at centre back and needing a more capable left back.

Unless we're also planning to move Winnall and Rhodes, no need for Jota.

We already have one overpriced, formerly prolific scorer that can't seem to get enough game time to get rolling, we don't need a second!

If we can find someone to offload Rhodes to, even at a loss, then maybe.

Jota can play on the wings and behind the front 2, just what we need at the tip of a diamond.

7 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

If we pick up Jota, now we've just got an even bigger selection problem at striker, and we're still short at centre back and needing a more capable left back.

Unless we're also planning to move Winnall and Rhodes, no need for Jota.

We already have one overpriced, formerly prolific scorer that can't seem to get enough game time to get rolling, we don't need a second!

If we can find someone to offload Rhodes to, even at a loss, then maybe.

I'd rather we offloaded fletcher and abdi at a loss. Jota, might just help with he creative aspect for Rhoades.

Either way it seems we need to cut a profit on a player, then try to refresh the squad. 

If that means bannan as well then so be it. Young hungry and talented. Is our remit.

Just now, Blue and white said:

Jota can play on the wings and behind the front 2, just what we need at the tip of a diamond.

I don't claim to be an expert on him, but my impression was that he mainly plays nominally on the right wing but kind of cut in the Ronaldo cloth, which is to say as more of a right forward than anything else.

Tip of a midfield diamond sounds interesting, but that means shifting Bannan wide which I don't prefer.

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'd rather we offloaded fletcher and abdi at a loss. Jota, might just help with he creative aspect for Rhoades.

Either way it seems we need to cut a profit on a player, then try to refresh the squad. 

If that means bannan as well then so be it. Young hungry and talented. Is our remit.

Yikes.  

Can't agree with that sentiment.  The team runs through Bannan, these opening weeks more than ever, and we don't have another player that can move the ball around like him.

I wouldn't shed tears if Abdi found a new club though.

1 minute ago, nile said:

Would love to know the reason for selling him.

fall out with everyone at the club

or

to help with ffp

Don't think we'll ever know. However it could be the ffp thing is a smoke screen. Either way his goose is cooked, thanks for the memories and best of luck from me.

I'd said in an earlier thread that we shouldn't sell FF to a promotion rival but if they are offering £12m then that puts a different perspective on it.

If there is any truth in this then it needs to be done quickly. Deadline day on Thursday & DC is notoriously slow at getting incoming deals over the line. I just hope CC hasn't given him a list of one paced midfielders who can't tackle.

59 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

Take the money.

Sack CC

Hire big Nige the horrible fanny who can go and purchase a centre back, a couple of pacey wingers and a better left back. 

Play the way we should have been playing. Attack. Winning.

Except it's well documented that he has said he will never manage a Sheffield team as he likes living here and doesn't want the hassle.

15 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I don't claim to be an expert on him, but my impression was that he mainly plays nominally on the right wing but kind of cut in the Ronaldo cloth, which is to say as more of a right forward than anything else.

Tip of a midfield diamond sounds interesting, but that means shifting Bannan wide which I don't prefer.

It's a fair point, Bannan is wasted out wide.

with the "praying for the window to shut" comment from carlos it would seem that he doesn't want him to go  .......IF  chansiri forces the issue it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't to long before  carlos is  out the door behind him ...........some might say that's killing 2 birds with one stone .

We would be pi55ing ourselves if the scrubbers were talking like this, happy to sell their best player to a rival. try and get his head right for starters, he's in the match day squad so we haven't got a McGugan situation here.

Hanley on loan and another centre mid possibly and lets go. I'd sooner see Carlos leave than Forestieri because another manager might just make all the difference and I'd rather play Utd with him in the team than not. 

I think you've forgotten how good he can be.