Some Fans refuse to admit there is a problem

30 minutes ago, Minton said:

You're basing your current negativity on your own future predictions, which if you look back on a lot of posts last season is not a wise move. I lost count of how many "we won't even get top 6" posts there were

Your reply had literally nothing to do with what I wrote. 

2 hours ago, Eightace said:

It's got to a stage now where fans have got mardy and the players know it which in turn makes the players play worse and fans get more mardy.

Carlos is second guessing and faffing about and its going to be hard to get back to Carlos of old.

We have gone mad with players and it's hard to keep them happy.

We need another enforcer type, a cb and more pace really in 2 or 3 positions.

I don't feel there was enough planning on who we needed to bring in.

I don't understand though why we always start too slow. We always have really under Carlos. But his first season we ended the games well enough to win.

If I'm honest I love Carlos but I think he is overrated as a tactician and always was.

He can get us in the playoffs again and I don't take anything from last night.

But I do feel a different man with a different approach could have made better use of the tools he's been given.

Ah but he's written a book you know!

33 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We have been saying this for some time but beginning to think DC won't pull the trigger, at at least not until it's far too late.

They are far to close

CC onto a great thing here and he knows it.

I'm not sure, I really think DC sees this as the best/last chance to get in to the Premiership before we have to sell players to fall in line with FFP. If things aren't going how he wants I do believe he will make the necessary change. I can't remember the exact wording but it the recent meeting he said something along the lines of this is the last season before things will have to change. 

5 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I heard something second hand (a friend spoke with a player, and the friend told me).  

I've no reason to doubt the friend or the player, and from what I was told there is some tension within the squad with a few unhappy people. 

Before anyone asks I am not going to name the player. 

Don't know if true or not, but from what we see on the pitch it doesn't surprise me. 

Wouldn't surprise me

it was Fernando

with his agent

Behind the Bike shed

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

This 

Like it or not Carlos isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so we might as well get behind the lads

That noise when the boys are about to kick-off, you know, the sound of Hi-Ho Sheffield Wednesday, that's called support. The sound that follows is determined by the quality of football; hence the periods of silence when Sunderland made us look like numpties for 45 minutes. The noise that followed in the second half was the sound of a crowd pleased with what they were watching. It's not rocket science. Most Wednesday fans appreciate the good stuff but don't, whatever you do, applaud when you've got a dog turd in one hand.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sten said:

That noise when the boys are about to kick-off, you know, the sound of Hi-Ho Sheffield Wednesday, that's called support. The sound that follows is determined by the quality of football; hence the periods of silence when Sunderland made us look like numpties for 45 minutes. The noise that followed in the second half was the sound of a crowd pleased with what they were watching. It's not rocket science. Most Wednesday fans appreciate the good stuff but don't, whatever you do, applaud when you've got a dog turd in one hand.

Well....now I've heard the saying you can't polish a turd but never ever heard that one Sten!!

Absolutely hilarious can't wait to use that again ...

With your permission of course ?

6 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Okay where do I start Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons  at the club there is no doubting that the club has grown  since he's been in charge.

We all know this is owlstalk and we all have our disagreements and In very rare occasions we actually agree .

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons?

2)is there a corruption in the camp with the players

3)as Carlos lost the dressing room

4)is it just bad luck and we've not found our feet yet

we probably could go on all day suggesting wondering what is wrong clearly there is a lot of talented players there so why isn't coming together on the field feel free to leave a comment what you feel your idea behind the problem

let's see for a change if fellow owlstalk  can get together and work it out and agree because of the fans can't get together

how can the team......

You've not explained what it is that is "not coming together on the field".

If you think our squad is good enough that any half decent manager could get them promoted then you are deluding yourself. Good squad yes, but there are other strong squads in the division and enough clubs with parachute money or other sources of wealth that it would be churlish to assume we have any expectation of an afternoon stroll into the Premiership.

6th and 4th over the last 2 seasons was not an under-achievement.

Our progress in this campaign is not by any stretch an under-achievement based on past experience.

There are some issues to address but nothing that can be magically solved by a change of manager. That's the sort of thinking that brought us Brexit. What a great outcome that was. D'oh!

Guest mrbluesky
15 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Stop talking sh**e

13 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Reading owlstalk thought that fessi job.so u forgiven him now eh

Bit ironic lol

9 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Okay where do I start Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons  at the club there is no doubting that the club has grown  since he's been in charge.

We all know this is owlstalk and we all have our disagreements and In very rare occasions we actually agree .

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons?

2)is there a corruption in the camp with the players

3)as Carlos lost the dressing room

4)is it just bad luck and we've not found our feet yet

we probably could go on all day suggesting wondering what is wrong clearly there is a lot of talented players there so why isn't coming together on the field feel free to leave a comment what you feel your idea behind the problem

let's see for a change if fellow owlstalk  can get together and work it out and agree because of the fans can't get together

how can the team......

of you lost your mind or did you never av won. 

Learn to write properly and construct a valid argument and you may be taken seriously. Carlos has managed us for just two seasons and got us to 6th spot 1st time, 4th spot 2nd and league wise we have done better than last season so far and played better football so yes some people dont realise we have a problem with idiot fans. 

Where were you when we were cr@p? 

Understand that we are maybe now in the top ten clubs in the division player wise. We have no divine right to come in the top 6. Carlos got us there and despite many other managers thinking that they could, they got nowhere near.

I am personally sick of you whingers, you are like a broken record. DC luckily is no fool so lets hope he sticks by his man so we can have another season finishing in the top six (if we are lucky).

UTO!

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

of you lost your mind or did you never av won. 

Learn to write properly and construct a valid argument and you may be taken seriously. Carlos has managed us for just two seasons and got us to 6th spot 1st time, 4th spot 2nd and league wise we have done better than last season so far and played better football so yes some people dont realise we have a problem with idiot fans. 

Where were you when we were cr@p? 

Understand that we are maybe now in the top ten clubs in the division player wise. We have no divine right to come in the top 6. Carlos got us there and despite many other managers thinking that they could, they got nowhere near.

I am personally sick of you whingers, you are like a broken record. DC luckily is no fool so lets hope he sticks by his man so we can have another season finishing in the top six (if we are lucky).

UTO!

My first language is not English what is your excuse.

And you asked where was you when we was playing Bad i've been at Sheffield Wednesday supporter for 40 years and never missed a game home or away can you say the same.

the only person that is Wingin is yourself

Edited by TheEnd1976

7 hours ago, Blatter said:

I have a gut feeling that there has ben a problem at the heart of our team since the away game with Norwich last season.

Can anyone do the stats to show our results with Forestieri in the starting 11 compared to those without him in the starting 11.

May be wrong on this but our form seemed to pick up when he was injured last season.

Starts With FF 

L L D D D W L L W W W D L W D W

Starts Without FF

W D D W W W W W W D L L W D W W

They don't go back as far as Norwich. It's the most recent 16 matches v Championship teams in each case.