Some Fans refuse to admit there is a problem

I don't think Carlos has lost the dressing room, things would feel a hell of a lot worse if that was the case.

He needs to demonstrate some tactical flexibility as our performances tend to be one-dimensional and predictable, while the poor use of signings I would mainly put down to the fact that Carlos doesn't seem to have too much influence over them.

8 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Some fans not happy unless creating problems

I'm not creating problems is because of the love of my team  I asked the question managers come and go as do players

but I'm still here till the day I die as a fan

48 minutes ago, s110wl said:

We haven't even played 5 league games yet... win on Saturday and we're not far off auto form. 

Youve decided there is a huge problem - can't we just wait and see how things pan out over the next 6 games? Who knows, if we got behind the team, maybe we could go on a nice run (as we have numerous times throughout the last two seasons...)

There's whiff that we are continuing in last season's vein though.  Many fear another season of last season's drab fayre.

4 league games.

2 points off the play offs

Confirmation that some things don't work, and that some 2nd stringers aren't all that, using a cup game as a test environment to prove it.

Positive result against Fulham still in the memory bank, and more likely than not, the type of performance that we'll see on an increasing basis.

Stop bleeding panicking. 

Guest The Horse

Every work place has tension between the staff.
It'd be great to think that professional sports teams all get on like the A-Team but in reality, humans have egos.
For me, any perceived problem is down to the following:

1) Our god awful recruitment over the last two years

2) Negative Tactics

3) Overt squad rotation

Number 2) seems to have been addressed in the last two league games so I'm hopeful that we're about to turn a corner in that regard. We'll see on Saturday.
I'm sure the players are just as frustrated with the negative tactics as we are but they would never say it.

But you'll get tension with 1) and 3) as players are brought in and then never played or are dropped after a good game.

So:

1) Stop buying players we have no intention of playing

2) Play to our strengths, be positive and let teams worry about us

3) Stick to a settled side if that side performs well

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

4 league games.

2 points off the play offs

Confirmation that some things don't work, and that some 2nd stringers aren't all that, using a cup game as a test environment to prove it.

Positive result against Fulham still in the memory bank, and more likely than not, the type of performance that we'll see on an increasing basis.

Stop bleeding panicking. 

To be fair; concern/dissatisfaction and panic are quite a way apart. 

55 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Okay where do I start Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons  at the club there is no doubting that the club has grown  since he's been in charge.

We all know this is owlstalk and we all have our disagreements and In very rare occasions we actually agree .

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons?

2)is there a corruption in the camp with the players

3)as Carlos lost the dressing room

4)is it just bad luck and we've not found our feet yet

we probably could go on all day suggesting wondering what is wrong clearly there is a lot of talented players there so why isn't coming together on the field feel free to leave a comment what you feel your idea behind the problem

let's see for a change if fellow owlstalk  can get together and work it out and agree because of the fans can't get together

how can the team......

Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons ...............not a great start there fella.

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons............followed up by yet more "fubar".

2) NO

3)NO

4) YES

22 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I heard something second hand (a friend spoke with a player, and the friend told me).  

I've no reason to doubt the friend or the player, and from what I was told there is some tension within the squad with a few unhappy people. 

Before anyone asks I am not going to name the player. 

Don't know if true or not, but from what we see on the pitch it doesn't surprise me. 

I've heard very similar

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

8 points from 5 games gives you 74 points over the course of a season. That's about 20 points off autos, or another 25% of points needed

In other words, quite a way off

Or, if we improve as the season goes on, as we have done the past two years - means we have 41 games to pick up the extra two points we've dropped from the first 5.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons ...............not a great start there fella.

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons............followed up by yet more "fubar".

2) NO

3)NO

4) YES

Probably not the greatest of English but as I am not English I try my best 

30 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I heard something second hand (a friend spoke with a player, and the friend told me).  

I've no reason to doubt the friend or the player, and from what I was told there is some tension within the squad with a few unhappy people. 

Before anyone asks I am not going to name the player. 

Don't know if true or not, but from what we see on the pitch it doesn't surprise me. 

... And yet the word is the players asked Carlos to stay on.

Know yor best XI

Play your best XI

Approach games positively

Repeat.

Simples.

I'm sure we'll start getting it right on the pitch consistently soon, whoever is in charge, and that's all that matters. We've too many good players to not do well. 

Long term view with respect to the season's final outcome. Who is in charge is not my concern but I'd like managerial stability and would love it to be Carlos. Fans calling for the managers' head doesn't help in any way, shape, or form.

You know I'm right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Okay where do I start Carlos  has been a our manager for three seasons  at the club there is no doubting that the club has grown  since he's been in charge.

We all know this is owlstalk and we all have our disagreements and In very rare occasions we actually agree .

1 )is it the manager and is signings of the last three seasons?

2)is there a corruption in the camp with the players

3)as Carlos lost the dressing room

4)is it just bad luck and we've not found our feet yet

we probably could go on all day suggesting wondering what is wrong clearly there is a lot of talented players there so why isn't coming together on the field feel free to leave a comment what you feel your idea behind the problem

let's see for a change if fellow owlstalk  can get together and work it out and agree because of the fans can't get together

how can the team......

Only being pedantic, but has he been here three seasons?  Surely we have played only 4 games of his third season which has only just started.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Know yor best XI

Play your best XI

Approach games positively

Repeat.

Simples.

I'm sure we'll start getting it right on the pitch consistently soon, whoever is in charge, and that's all that matters. We've too many good players to not do well. 

Long term view with respect to the season's final outcome. Who is in charge is not my concern but I'd like managerial stability and would love it to be Carlos. Fans calling for the managers' head doesn't help in any way, shape, or form.

You know I'm right.

Leeds took your proposed approach last season and burned out at the end of the season.

The depth of the squad and its clever use means we have finished seasons strongly to qualify for the play offs. I am sure we will do the same this season.

11 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Look up about 7 posts chap !!

Well spotted, must learn to read posts more carefully rather than the usual skip over speed reading, although that's the best way to read most of em.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"