Stop flouncing after every loss you over sensitive crybabies

When did it turn into North Korea on here?

Everything is awesome, we destroyed Bolton.

Don't criticise the players, manager or tactics or you're a blunt.

We were poor under Irvine because we had a poor team with a poor manager. We are currently below par under Carlos because we have a good team with an average manager and poor tactics.

Over 30 million spent on the playing staff but we should temper our feelings because not so long ago we didn't have a pot to pi$$ in. Horses for courses. We have a chairman who is rich and want's us in the premier league. Our ambitions are fueled by this.

I appreciate abuse posts need to shot down but fans have a right to their opinion and a growing number of them are losing faith in Carlos. I'd be happy to be sat here in May having witnesses Carlos take us up in the top 2 or via the play offs but I cannot for the life of me see it happening. Please prove me wrong CC.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

I'm not trying to defend owt.

We're not Real Madrid we're Sheffield Wednesday. We'll win some and we will lose some, always have, always will. 

It's football and we're better now than we have been for most of the time I've been watching us. Let's face it we're about where we should be on fees/wages paid.

Edited by BIG D

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

When did it turn into North Korea on here?

Everything is awesome, we destroyed Bolton.

Don't criticise the players, manager or tactics or you're a blunt.

We were poor under Irvine because we had a poor team with a poor manager. We are poor under Carlos because we have a good team with an average manager and poor tactics.

Over 30 million spent on the playing staff but we should temper our feelings because not so long ago we didn't have a pot to pi$$ in. Horses for courses. We have a chairman who is rich and want's us in the premier league. Our ambitions are fueled by this.

I appreciate abuse posts need to shot down but fans have a right to their opinion and a growing number of them are losing faith in Carlos. I'd be happy to be sat here in May having witnesses Carlos take us up in the top 2 or via the play offs but I cannot for the life of me see it happening. Please prove me wrong CC.

Sums up the enlightened supporters views perfectly.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I'm not trying to defend owt.

We're not Real Madrid we're Sheffield Wednesday. We'll win some and we will lose some, always have, always will. 

It's football and we're better now than we have been for most of the time I've been watching us.

You don't just need to be Real Madrid to put effort in for 90mins.

i will take a defeat like the next man if we have at least tried to have a go 

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

This has been discussed a million times before;

• Each fan is entitled to their opinion.
  • This forum would be very boring if we all agreed on everything.
  • If the team or manager perform poorly they are open to criticism, such is the concept of free speech (whilst that still exists). If the product is poor, the consumer can complain.

Just enjoy the ridiculous roller-coaster that is OT. If we beat Burton on Saturday the mood on here will change again!

BINGO

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zico.b said:

February 1989 he took over and we stayed up. 1989-1990 we were relegated, in his first full season.

Ahh yes it's A very long time ago, I only remembered he came in in February, not having a full season first year in. Jogging the memory now, Stuart pearce ruined us last game of season didn't he and even fatty Jesmon  scored. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the situation, its football and we've seen it time and time again.....  Once a significant portion of the fans lose confidence or doubts creep in managers are never more than a few games away from a crisis or the sack.

Doubts have come in about Carlos because of last seasons playoffs and performances and the way this season has started the same way.  Every decision he makes is now questioned its the nature of football.

1 hour ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

So after 6 games and 2 years of coaching from CC, have we got any better?  Are we a more consistent side?  Do we play better football now since Carlos first season?  If you can answer yes to all three of those questions I would be surprised.

We've improved our league position and points over the last two seasons and kept successive clean sheet records...were four games into the new season but yet people are saying the seasons a write off...be surprised bedwetters

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Ahh yes it's A very long time ago, I only remembered he came in in February, not having a full season first year in. Jogging the memory now, Stuart pearce ruined us last game of season didn't he and even fatty Jesmon  scored. 

It's amazing what facts do to jog the memory lol 

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest.

While I'd say people throwing their toys out of the pram over a 2nd round League Cup exit is a little over the top.

I also think there are now repeated flaws in our recruitment, team selection and performances, which are becoming too obvious to ignore. Perhaps even for those with their heads buried deep in the sand.

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest.

While I'd say people throwing their toys out of the pram over a 2nd round League Cup exit is a little over the top.

I also think there are now repeated flaws in our recruitment, team selection and performances, which are becoming too obvious to ignore. Perhaps even for those with their heads buried deep in the sand.

The flaws in our recruitment, team selection and performances have been so bad that we've improved our league position every season since CC has been here giving us our best position since we were in the Prem...we are four games into a new season won 1 drawn 2 and lost 1... disaster cos' we lost a league cup games after making 7 changes...get a grip

3 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

I'd expect this kind of reaction from the days of Alan Irvine and the period from 2001-2011.

Teams lose games, get over it. We were wasteful last night but some of you, who in the majority are grown men, are reacting as if your missus ran off with the milk man. 

Well then, if you all keep spitting the dummy out all the time the milk man will win and you'll die alone. 

Grow some balls, move on and stop over reacting, it's embarrassing. 

Toodles

agreed.

i would like to see a little more consistency though. 

The problem I have with the 'Carlos out' brigade is simply that in my opinion it is entirely counter productive and has lost a reasonable degree of perspective. All it does is add more pressure to an already highly pressurised situation which is hugely frustrating. There is one man and one man only who will decide who our manager is - DC. 

I understand the frustrations to a certain extent; and don't particularly criticise people for voicing the below:

- recruitment should have been better over the last 18 months - I agree we haven't strengthened areas where we needed to and have spent a lot of money on players that don't always get on the pitch

- we missed a huge chance in the playoffs last year (although I don't really disagree with the tactics Carlos employed and we were 15 mins away from the perfect 2-leg playoff performance / only missed out on penalties)

- we start far too slowly in most games and occasionally only seem to get going when we are behind. Yesterday being a classic example of this (and I agree being 3 down to Bolton is entirely unacceptable - having said that; after seeing the highlights, you do have to wonder how the hell we did actually manage to lose...)

However, there are still big positives that we need to hang on to, and it does feel that some are massively over reacting and have lost vital perspective when discussing our progress / Carlos' ability:

- we have performed fantastically over the last two seasons, so much so that the expectation levels both last year and this year are higher than I can ever remember them;

- we still have a gifted squad with lots of excellent players; for my money they are clearly still behind Carlos and I don't see any signs really of people disrespecting the shirt / not playing for the manager.

- for the most part, we are a bloody difficult team to beat - Saturday against Fulham was a great example of this;

- we're only 5 games into the season and have more points in the league than at this point in either of the last two campaigns;

- we have some winnable games coming up which will hopefully see us start to climb the table and get back in and around the top 6. 

If the last two years have taught me anything, its what Carlos always says - 'a marathon, not a sprint'. History suggests we will improve as the season goes on and I have no reason to doubt this year will be the same. 

I'm not trying to stifle serious debate as that is clearly what this forum is for. However, calls that Carlos is a 'clown', a 'two-faced cretin', completely out of his depth, taking our team backwards, etc. are simply untrue and need to be called out for what it is. He deserves far more respect than he is currently getting from some quarters.