Stop flouncing after every loss you over sensitive crybabies

2 minutes ago, nile said:

I haven't mentioned Carlos once in this thread, I'm questioning the effort and attitude from everyone, I haven't singled anyone out and I actually want Carlos to succeed.

Look because people moan and flounce doesn't mean they want Wednesday to fail just except some take defeat differently there's the moaners always fearing the worst and the happy clappers always expecting the best 

By the way I'm a moaner and flouncer but it doesn't stop me from wanting us to paste Burton on Saturday lol

Just now, Warnocchio said:

Personally I wasn't happy. Although how it was 3 0 I don't know. 

The score is always the bottom line isn't it? A performance where you dominate possession, territory and chances  yet lose can easily be portrayed as hapless and the reverse is true also.

I always remember my visit to Highbury in 1992. With twenty minutes left the game was ambling towards a dull draw. But it finished 7-1. Anyone looking at the statistics or the score might make some assumptions about how the game had been, but they would have been entirely wrong. It's probably the most surreal game I've ever been to.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The score is always the bottom line isn't it? A performance where you dominate possession, territory and chances  yet lose can easily be portrayed as hapless and the reverse is true also.

I always remember my visit to Highbury in 1992. With twenty minutes left the game was ambling towards a dull draw. But it finished 7-1. Anyone looking at the statistics or the score might make some assumptions about how the game had been, but they would have been entirely wrong. It's probably the most surreal game I've ever been to.

Goals change games. And also the perceptions of performance.

I think all the "flouncing" is collective frustration born from the mediocrity we have witnessed. A few dire results we can take but they are becoming more and more frequent.

Doing the same over and over again, which regards to "square pegs and round holes," and expecting different results.........insane? 

15 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

I'd expect this kind of reaction from the days of Alan Irvine and the period from 2001-2011.

Teams lose games, get over it. We were wasteful last night but some of you, who in the majority are grown men, are reacting as if your missus ran off with the milk man. 

Well then, if you all keep spitting the dummy out all the time the milk man will win and you'll die alone. 

Grow some balls, move on and stop over reacting, it's embarrassing. 

Toodles

Shh don't talk too much sense they don't like it round here.

40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

5-1 away to Southampton in the cup replay too.

Great performance, lots of chances with all their goals scored "on the break" and their chances clinically taken.

It's football and why we love it.

No better feeling than being under the cosh and spozzing a late, late winner even equaliser.

One of the goals I went maddest too last year was Preston away after a dreadful performance.

People are taking the whole thing far too seriously.  It's limiting the enjoyment.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Words fail me.

Why? Were you annoyed after the 0/0 in the first leg? Highly doubt it. I was over the moon. 

Were you annoyed when fletcher scored and we took a deserved lead in the second? Highly doubt it. I suspect like 30000 others you thought we were heading back to Wembley. 

One mistake/lapse in concentration cost us dearly - hardly carlos' fault. 

We also went on to have excellent chances in extra time and then lost on penalties. 

What were you hoping/expecting us to do? We used the same tactics that had served us so well for the last half of all last year. We were never going to go hung-ho with so much at stake; in fact if we had and we'd not made it you'd be using that as a stick to beat Carlos with instead.

The fact you cant see this or refuse to acknowledge this leaves me dumbfounded. 

As you were...

15 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

I'd expect this kind of reaction from the days of Alan Irvine and the period from 2001-2011.

Teams lose games, get over it. We were wasteful last night but some of you, who in the majority are grown men, are reacting as if your missus ran off with the milk man. 

Well then, if you all keep spitting the dummy out all the time the milk man will win and you'll die alone. 

Grow some balls, move on and stop over reacting, it's embarrassing. 

Toodles

Thats where I'd disagree with you, at that moment in time we didn'y have a penny to scratch our bums with, we certainly didn't have the squad we have today and as sure as the day is long we didn't spend 30m over that entire period of time.

Expectations have changed since the dark days and being 3-0 down to a poor Bolton team with the squad is unacceptable at best.

8 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Why? Were you annoyed after the 0/0 in the first leg? Highly doubt it. I was over the moon. 

Were you annoyed when fletcher scored and we took a deserved lead in the second? Highly doubt it. I suspect like 30000 others you thought we were heading back to Wembley. 

One mistake/lapse in concentration cost us dearly - hardly carlos' fault. 

We also went on to have excellent chances in extra time and then lost on penalties. 

What were you hoping/expecting us to do? We used the same tactics that had served us so well for the last half of all last year. We were never going to go hung-ho with so much at stake; in fact if we had and we'd not made it you'd be using that as a stick to beat Carlos with instead.

The fact you cant see this or refuse to acknowledge this leaves me dumbfounded. 

As you were...

The phrase made famous by LG, shouldn't you be watching Man City.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The phrase made famous by LG, shouldn't you be watching Man City.

Bizarre. 

Assume, seeing as you didn't actually respond to the main content, that you agree? Or are you just lost for words again...

Just now, s110wl said:

Bizarre. 

Assume, seeing as you didn't actually respond to the main content, that you agree? Or are you just lost for words again...

I'm never lost for word other than when they fail me, and this is a case of WORDS FAIL ME. How anyone can say that the play offs were anything other than a complete disaster. How you can even try and justify it beggers belief.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'm never lost for word other than when they fail me, and this is a case of WORDS FAIL ME. How anyone can say that the play offs were anything other than a complete disaster. How you can even try and justify it beggers belief.

The cult of "can't get over the play off game" strikes again.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I remember that match. I travelled back on the coach in shock for the whole journey. 

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Ill try one last time... what part of my above post (detailing how the playoffs went) do you disagree with? 

Of course the result was a disaster. No one is arguing against that. The point we're discussing (or trying to) is the tactics used in pursuit of victory... 

5 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

The cult of "can't get over the play off game" strikes again.

I freely admit I'm struggling to get over the play offs. The first season I was gutted but last season I was disgusted.

That for me was the moment I knew Carlos was no longer the man to take us up, although I had my doubts before.

I fully admit that every time I see the EPL table and see the name Huddersfield I am more than a little bit envious and incredible angry as I honestly believe that should have been us.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I freely admit I'm struggling to get over the play offs. The first season I was gutted but last season I was disgusted.

That for me was the moment I knew Carlos was no longer the man to take us up, although I had my doubts before.

I fully admit that every time I see the EPL table and see the name Huddersfield I am more than a little bit envious and incredible angry as I honestly believe that should have been us.

The sooner you and others can get over it and move on the better it will be for everybody else's sanity.

10 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Ill try one last time... what part of my above post (detailing how the playoffs went) do you disagree with? 

Of course the result was a disaster. No one is arguing against that. The point we're discussing (or trying to) is the tactics used in pursuit of victory... 

Negative dull tactics, shoehorning players in to the team, outragous subs. Huddersfield hadn't scored a goal against us in open play all season untill we put one in for them and yet we were so negative anyone would have believed we were playing Real Madrid. I can honestly say hand on heart when I saw the team sheet I knew then we wouldn't win and that was the end of our season and so it proved.

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I might understand if we'd hit the bar twice, been denied a certain penalty, they'd scored an offside winner against the run of play or we'd outplayed them in both games, hammered them in the league and finished 10 points in front.

I remember the majority laughing at Brighton when they finished miles ahead of us yet we beat them in the semis and some were claiming it was unfair for them to even have to play us before the matches commenced.

Huddersfield beat us after two drawn games, extra-time and penalties.  They then won the final and promotion on penalties.

IT'S THE RULES!

It shouldn't be us because we lost fair and square.

You just make yourself and us look like mardyarsetwats to anyone, especially them, looking in and it's both shameful behaviour and shameful you can't see it.

I hope they do well and stay up and maybe then they'll earn a bit of respect from the likes of you.

It's their time and turn so stop resenting them because they have had even less than us to cheer for much longer and before you start, they will have a hardcore of fans who never dreamt they'd see this happen yet still turned up and backed them week in, week out.

• Like 1