Stop flouncing after every loss you over sensitive crybabies

Yes I get the "compare now to Irvine" attitude. Those days were dire and we had been dire for 15 years before DC and CC came along. Not many on here have forgotten that and not many have questioned DC's fantastic commitment to our club, but many see that commitment being wasted by a manager who doesn't sort out glaring problems in our squad, has squandered tens of millions and plays the same team bar Reach that lost to Hull, doesn't seem to want us to play until after ht, plays all our CBs in one game and watches two get injured, won't pick a settled top two even though we have clear goal scoring talent, has us sit back when we hold a precarious 1-0 lead, need I go on?

Carlos is cracked. He's more afraid to lose than to try for three points. Look mate, I agree arguing over whether our manager is going to get us promoted is waaaayyyy better than arguing over whether he can keep us up, but by God there's still an argument to be had, and a good one at that

41 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Why? Were you annoyed after the 0/0 in the first leg? Highly doubt it. I was over the moon. 

Actually, I was.

Imagine two evenly matched boxers fighting for the world heavyweight championship and one of them just spending the entire bout backing away from his opponent. Sure, he might escape a beating, but how does he expect to win if he doesn't even try to throw a punch? We had two and a third games against them and laboured our way to just 3 shots on target in all that time. Were Huddersfield really so good that we had no other choice but to cower in fear at them? All that money spent on attacking midfielders and strikers only for them to be rendered impotent by our caution and ponderousness.

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's their time and turn so stop resenting them because they have had even less than us to cheer for much longer and before you start, they will have a hardcore of fans who never dreamt they'd see this happen yet still turned up and backed them week in, week out.

Fatalist nonsense. Huddersfield aren't in the premier league because it's 'their turn'. They are there because they beat a better and much more expensively assembled Wednesday team, as you say fairly and not, as you point out, the result of a freak penalty decision or an offside goal, they bested us. Someone has to be held accountable

28 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

Fatalist nonsense. Huddersfield aren't in the premier league because it's 'their turn'. They are there because they beat a better and much more expensively assembled Wednesday team, as you say fairly and not, as you point out, the result of a freak penalty decision or an offside goal, they bested us. Someone has to be held accountable

They didn't go up that night you know?

They beat Reading after us.  Maybe if we'd won Reading would have just taken their holidays a bit earlier and we'd have been promoted on a bye.

It's Huddersfield's turn because they went up, they're in the Premier this season.  We can't replay the games, it's over, done with.  Let it go....

Fatalist? No.  Realist? Yes.  

There were better and more expensive teams (on paper) that didn't make the top 6.  There will be the same again most likely this year.

Spending money in this league guarantees nothing.  It gives you a better chance and that chance will get bigger as time goes on but there have been many before and will be more to come who prove my point.

They pushed both Newcastle and Brighton for the autos.  They proved in three games that in the main, mental strength, was a very big factor.

They believed but never assumed they would win.....doesn't always follow but it does no harm.

The right to play at the top level was earned in the final moments of penalties at Wembley not Hillsborough.

Arrogance, entitlement and resentment are not pretty to watch or read.

Please just let it go.

Edited by sonofbert2

48 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think thats harsh, I do think we will be up and around the play offs but I very much doubt we will go up under Carlos. I will go on record as saying this, if we finish the season with Carlos as our manager we will be playing championship football again next season.

I will also add, should Carlos do what I feel he is incapable of doing and thats taking us up I will donate $100 to  Sheffield Childrens Hospital, this is not saying I want us to lose every game but rather that Carlos isn't the man for us.

Said this in another post and it sums my views up perfectly.

21 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

I'd expect this kind of reaction from the days of Alan Irvine and the period from 2001-2011.

Teams lose games, get over it. We were wasteful last night but some of you, who in the majority are grown men, are reacting as if your missus ran off with the milk man. 

Well then, if you all keep spitting the dummy out all the time the milk man will win and you'll die alone. 

Grow some balls, move on and stop over reacting, it's embarrassing. 

Toodles

Instead let's clap and praise every draw we just about scrape together after coming back from been 1-0 down!! 

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Negative dull tactics, shoehorning players in to the team, outragous subs. Huddersfield hadn't scored a goal against us in open play all season untill we put one in for them and yet we were so negative anyone would have believed we were playing Real Madrid. I can honestly say hand on heart when I saw the team sheet I knew then we wouldn't win and that was the end of our season and so it proved.

If only you could have sent a Game of Thrones style raven to Carlos to let him know.

On 23/08/2017 at 08:02, Tommo_ said:

I'd expect this kind of reaction from the days of Alan Irvine and the period from 2001-2011.

Teams lose games, get over it. We were wasteful last night but some of you, who in the majority are grown men, are reacting as if your missus ran off with the milk man. 

Well then, if you all keep spitting the dummy out all the time the milk man will win and you'll die alone. 

Grow some balls, move on and stop over reacting, it's embarrassing. 

Toodles

Positive cred 69 negative 22. Thank you for restoring my faith in OT.

9 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

They didn't go up that night you know?

They beat Reading after us.  Maybe if we'd won Reading would have just taken their holidays a bit earlier and we'd have been promoted on a bye.

It's Huddersfield's turn because they went up, they're in the Premier this season.  We can't replay the games, it's over, done with.  Let it go....

Fatalist? No.  Realist? Yes.  

There were better and more expensive teams (on paper) that didn't make the top 6.  There will be the same again most likely this year.

Spending money in this league guarantees nothing.  It gives you a better chance and that chance will get bigger as time goes on but there have been many before and will be more to come who prove my point.

They pushed both Newcastle and Brighton for the autos.  They proved in three games that in the main, mental strength, was a very big factor.

They believed but never assumed they would win.....doesn't always follow but it does no harm.

The right to play at the top level was earned in the final moments of penalties at Wembley not Hillsborough.

Arrogance, entitlement and resentment are not pretty to watch or read.

Please just let it go.

Yep spending money guarantees nothing I agree. That's why it's all the more important when you get a cash injection to spend it correctly. How can you defend Carlos' spending when he consistently plays the same team that lost to Hull despite blowing tens of millions on new players? I just don't understand your mind set.

Again I agree with you - there are plenty of examples of teams flashing the cash with no reward. You can't have a go at me for not wanting us to be like Derby and be one of them. That's insane. We have a right to criticise the spending and the teams management. It's not arrogance it's holding Carlos to account.