Abdi tonight

People seem to go through Abdi too easily.  That creates problems if he is in deep midfield areas. As it exposes the defender.

Let's be fair though, last night he had to get 90 mins. He wasn't great but not many were for 75 mins.

If it means he's better for it in a game that truly matters then who gives afuck, seriously?

I just want him to get fit, get a decent run of games and have a chance of delivering what he is capable of and what we bought him for.

Again, same folk raging are the same ones moaning every week last year that Carlos wasn't picking him when in reality he was injured.

People making stuff up to get angry constantly.

Weird and not in anyway productive or normal behaviour.

On 8/23/2017 at 00:49, ash60s said:

He did orate but then again DMF is the easiest position to play

Am not slating AA just saying that defensive midfield is easy - you sit, you pick up, you win ball,you pass

you mardy buggars lol

53 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Still people cling on to the hope that he's going to be important for us. lol

I haven't seen anything since he's been here to back up the claims of the Watford fans that he was this brilliant footballer. Nothing. 

Couldn't agree more. 

On 23/08/2017 at 08:09, Wednesday_Jack said:

Said against Sunderland...none of our players look fit to be honest. Bannan aside lots look to be blowing after 25 minutes. 

This. Abdi does a lot more than people think on here but he's been injured and CC's tactics don't suit him. Or most of our players to be honest. Last year he had Bannan an attacking midfielder in

front of the back 4 now he's trying it with Abdi.

The fitness does seem to be a concern. 

I do see Abdi as a Mooy type player. He is clearly lacking fitness so we need to get him right and play him right and I'm convinced we have a class player.

On 8/23/2017 at 09:58, kristmace said:

If you at his stats, he only played 90 mins in the Prem 5 times for Watford. Subbed off most games. He's not played week in week out since 2012 - 13.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/almen-abdi/11491/

We've really had our pants down on this transfer. 

To be fair he played just shy of 2000 minutes in the Prem the season before he joined us.

That's over 22 games worth, and more than this lot played last year:

Willian, Fabregas, Rose, Yaya Toure, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Rashford, Mata and Rooney

Abdi played over an hour in something like 23 of his 32 premier league games. That' perfectly respectable.

As has been said, he was used as a defensive mid the other night and that's not his position and doesn't suit his attributes. I'm still quite mystified as to why we even tried it. The only thing i can imagine is that Jones has a slight knock and so we're cotton wooling him for the league. We learnt nothing from watching Abdi play defensive mid, like we would learn nothing from watching Nando play right back. The bonus is he got 90 minutes, but other than that I think Carlos let Abdi down by putting him in that role when everyone knows that's not what he does.

22 minutes ago, cookeh said:

To be fair he played just shy of 2000 minutes in the Prem the season before he joined us.

That's over 22 games worth, and more than this lot played last year:

Willian, Fabregas, Rose, Yaya Toure, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Rashford, Mata and Rooney

Abdi played over an hour in something like 23 of his 32 premier league games. That' perfectly respectable.

As has been said, he was used as a defensive mid the other night and that's not his position and doesn't suit his attributes. I'm still quite mystified as to why we even tried it. The only thing i can imagine is that Jones has a slight knock and so we're cotton wooling him for the league. We learnt nothing from watching Abdi play defensive mid, like we would learn nothing from watching Nando play right back. The bonus is he got 90 minutes, but other than that I think Carlos let Abdi down by putting him in that role when everyone knows that's not what he does.

Plenty in what you say.

Though when Bannan is asked to play out of his preferred role, i.e. deep and/or wide, he often takes a hammering on here.

46 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

No they can't at professional level that's nonsense. 

I should have quantified this as ,  Midfield , Defenders , Attackers , to say Abdi cannot play deep is wrong , to say he prefers not to play deep is another matter and we are getting into the realms of players wanting to play where they want and not the coach , maybe its a Watford thing . 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Watch this from 35 seconds 

I get the impressions it's more of a can't sprint, not a won't sprint.

Not excusing Abdi, but the question remains.. why did Pudil come across? Wildsmith should have given him an earful for that. In a 2v2 you mark the runner, so the ball carrier has to beat both his man and the keeper. Every time. It's basic defending. By supporting the man by the ball carrier you open the slip pass to the unmarked man who then has a better angle on goal with the keeper forced to be out of position. Pudil doing the basics would have stopped this goal.

On 23/08/2017 at 04:42, TheBoyBeevers said:

Abdi wanted out at Watford so he could play in his favoured number 8/10 spot. 

Dropped down a division and a year later he finds himself sitting in front of the back 4 and seemingly ordered not to go past half way.

Bizarre. God only knows how much he must have regretted this move. He has gone from playing 30-35 Prem games with Watford, to playing CDM in our cup matches and sitting on our bench in the league. 

You don't drop out of the PL having played 30 odd games just so you can play in your favourite position. It's not the school football team. There's something not right with him. He's either injured (hence Watford selling him) or disinterested and happy to pick up the wage. Either way we should get rid at the earliest opportunity to free up some wages.

A fit professional footballer who played consistently at PL level has the ability to play in any outfield position and put the effort in. If they choose not to, it's down to the players mentality. Time to get rid.

2 hours ago, trask43 said:

Its not his fault though, if only that evil carlos used him properly he'd remember how to run.

He's either not fit or his hearts not in it. Either way we need to sell him. He's playing on reputation not what he currently offers SWFC. FF is becoming the same in my opinion.