Abdi tonight

Carlos tried something new tonight it seemed with Abdi sitting deep in the Jones/Hutch position. 

Didn't come off at all in my opinion. He jogged around a bit and made a few 5 yeard passes but I don't remember him sticking his foot in or getting out of 2nd gear to cover any ground. To be honest he still doesn't look any where near fit (unless that's his normal game!?)

He's come here with a big price tag and a big reputation but I'm starting to think we need to bite the bullet and just stick him with the U23s for a few months. His 3 performances this season have been way way off the pace. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Owl 44 said:

I noticed he was playing really deep too. Not his natural position, he's a CAM. If Carlos wanted someone in that position why didn't he just play Jones? 

Probably rested. With Hutch out and the league our priority, makes sense not to risk Jones tonight. 

Just now, Owl 44 said:

I noticed he was playing really deep too. Not his natural position, he's a CAM. If Carlos wanted someone in that position why didn't he just play Jones? 

Probably protecting Jones ready for the weekend with Hutch still being out. 

Abdi's played in his "natural" position twice against Chesterfield and Sunderland and wasn't mobile or effective in either game in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Carlos tried something new tonight it seemed with Abdi sitting deep in the Jones/Hutch position. 

Didn't come off at all in my opinion. He jogged around a bit and made a few 5 yeard passes but I don't remember him sticking his foot in or getting out of 2nd gear to cover any ground. To be honest he still doesn't look any where near fit (unless that's his normal game!?)

He's come here with a big price tag and a big reputation but I'm starting to think we need to bite the bullet and just stick him with the U23s for a few months. His 3 performances this season have been way way off the pace. 

Something worth having a look at with no points at risk.

Didn't come off. But now he knows for sure. 

He's been an absolute sick note since being here. First full 90 mins tonight? 

When he arrived with his professor nickname from watford, I was full of optimism.

But I have grown to realise that he must be a luxury. I can't remember watford's promotion team (other than them destroying us 4-0 at s6) but there must have been some real class workhorses around hI'm because he fails miserably in our team with the physical side.

Abdi wanted out at Watford so he could play in his favoured number 8/10 spot. 

Dropped down a division and a year later he finds himself sitting in front of the back 4 and seemingly ordered not to go past half way.

Bizarre. God only knows how much he must have regretted this move. He has gone from playing 30-35 Prem games with Watford, to playing CDM in our cup matches and sitting on our bench in the league. 

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Carlos tactics tonight was baffling.

Why was abdi so deep an almost hutch or Jones place?

So Bannan could get forward more like he's been doing in recent games.  It didn't work because Abdi was poor, he was knackered at end, couldn't even cross ball in when it came back to him from a corner, scuffed it behind net. 

Bannan didn't have a great game either along with a few others.

Wallace had his worse game ever in a Wednesday shirt.

Forestieri didn't look interested half of time and I didn't reckon much to Winnall's performance. 

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Something worth having a look at with no points at risk.

Didn't come off. But now he knows for sure. 

Tbf Carlos played him in the role a lot last season & it didn't work (when he was fit)

clearly not fully match fit.

7 hours ago, kristmace said:

To be honest a few 5 yard passes and not sticking the boot in is all hes ever done! 

7 hours ago, kristmace said:

Said against Sunderland...none of our players look fit to be honest. Bannan aside lots look to be blowing after 25 minutes.