Wolves after Jordan Rhodes

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

difficult one this ...he's a proven scorer but if he doesn't fit into how carlos wants us to play then he not going to score too many sat on his arse watching from the bench ......if the club do want shot of him I don't think they are in a position to dictate which club  they will or wont sell him to ...no prem club would probably want him so that leaves top end championship clubs with money who we hope we will be competing against ........as things are at the moment with the way we play i'd be tempted if we can our outlay back to let him go and back ourselves to finisher higher than whoever signs him no matter how well he does at the new club ..

You make some fair points.

I can't recall the poster... but he made the point that Wood was allowed to bog line at Leeds.. that ethos would suit Rhodes perfectly. 

I know the new coach at Leeds wants to play a dynamic 4 3 3 so he wouldn't be looking for a Rhodes type.

However, with the players we've got I can't see why Rhodes can't get the ammo here.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

You make some fair points.

I can't recall the poster... but he made the point that Wood was allowed to bog line at Leeds.. that ethos would suit Rhodes perfectly. 

I know the new coach at Leeds wants to play a dynamic 4 3 3 so he wouldn't be looking for a Rhodes type.

However, with the players we've got I can't see why Rhodes can't get the ammo here.

no neither do I but the way we play he clearly isn't ......he's an old fashioned goal hanger not someone who can lead the line and yet that's what he seems to have to try and do at present and he cant compete with someone like fletcher at it . 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no neither do I but the way we play he clearly isn't ......he's an old fashioned goal hanger not someone who can lead the line and yet that's what he seems to have to try and do at present and he cant compete with someone like fletcher at it . 

Do you think Wood will struggle at Burnley then?

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

difficult one this ...he's a proven scorer but if he doesn't fit into how carlos wants us to play then he not going to score too many sat on his arse watching from the bench ......if the club do want shot of him I don't think they are in a position to dictate which club  they will or wont sell him to ...no prem club would probably want him so that leaves top end championship clubs with money who we hope we will be competing against ........as things are at the moment with the way we play i'd be tempted if we can our outlay back to let him go and back ourselves to finisher higher than whoever signs him no matter how well he does at the new club ..

I think (almost) everyone now accepts that Hooper and Fletcher are our best starting pair, but do you not think Rhodes is a far better next pick than Winnall, Joao, FF or Nuhiu?

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think (almost) everyone now accepts that Hooper and Fletcher are our best starting pair, but do you not think Rhodes is a far better next pick than Winnall, Joao, FF or Nuhiu?

Not always

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

i'd start him every game , I thought against sunderland him ,fletch & hooper linked very well but that wouldn't happen on a regular basis as we know carlos will always lean towards  4-4-2 and how we play it does Rhodes no favours................as for your question if we can afford a 10 million quid player on 40k a week as back up then yes keep him but seems a bit extravagant if he's punching a hole in the budget for little return .

4 hours ago, Owl14 said:

Oh god 

can see today's trend being 

nuhui to wolves 

fessi off to wolves 

Fletch to wolves 

winnall to win it all with wolves

All Rhodes lead to wolves 

3 out them 5 I'd lose no sleep nuhui 50p ff 10 mill Rhodes 12 mill 22mill and 50p to get new players in .....

I live about 12 miles from Wolverhampton. I've not seen any sign of Jordan in this area. He's not been drinking in the local, not been seen in Nando's or Starbucks. I had a special trip up to Molineux to see if I could spot him, lots of dodgy looking people about but not a sniff of Jordan. Called the local doctors surgery, they haven't done a medical.

All in all I can categorically refute this rumour (unless it turns out to be true).

Hope that helps.

5 hours ago, striker said:

Can't see why we would consider this. Even for £15m is a false economy as the price of any replacements automatically increases accordingly.

Makes no sense at all to weaken our first team and strengthen competitors. A non story for me

For £15 million it makes plenty of sense if we can improve the first team. Rhodes on what we have seen so far does not improve the first eleven. Not saying he isn't going to come good because it only takes a moment to change all that but...if you were to go on performances so far and you were just judging him on them (and did not takie into account his history) you would snap anyone's hand off for £15 million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'd start him every game , I thought against sunderland him ,fletch & hooper linked very well but that wouldn't happen on a regular basis as we know carlos will always lean towards  4-4-2 and how we play it does Rhodes no favours................as for your question if we can afford a 10 million quid player on 40k a week as back up then yes keep him but seems a bit extravagant if he's punching a hole in the budget for little return .

I look at it like this...

Hoops and Fletch played a combined 4000 minutes last season in the league. That's equivalent to 44 games. I would want a top quality striker to take up the overwhelming majority of the (more than) half a season that Hoops and Fletch don't/can't play. And imo that's definitely Rhodes.

Edited by Holmowl