So when do we class it as as bad start?

If we have less than 17pts at the end of September it will have been a sub standard start to an expectant promotion campaign.

Still 2 weeks to off/up load players, the squad needs refreshing and this may give us the impetus to kick on. According to Carlos we needed 4/5 new players so ther e is still business to be done.

If we have not attained 12 pts by this time imo it would be justifiable for DC to pull the trigger.

Given the players  and coaches pledge, pre season, to get off to a quick start, the quality of the two teams we have played in the league, the fact that our chairman has a previously stated aim of promotion by the end of this season and success at all cost,,the lack of defensive cover, the injury list already etc , we are walking in treacle as far as progress is concerned on the pitch.We could not have had a worst start to the seson, apart from QPR winning too.

Add to this the fact that we have had a very ordinary pre season, a late start in selling supposedly celebrated new shirts, players fighting in training,player transfer breaking down and announced on a match day . The biggest disappointment of all is that, apparently, we are suddenly cash strapped to a point, where we have the begging bowl out to our already hard stretched fans. I don't understand why Mr C can't improve the capital position of the club by injecting further funds via increased sponsorship deals. Surely if he wants to increase the value of the sponsorship deals he has personally with the club, ie on our shirts, around the ground etc, then he can rewrite the deals. He did say "no matter the cost " ? Or does he not want too at this point ??

Something has happened over the summer, that has brought about a very negative feeling around our club and  to the start of this season.The danger is that our opponents will feel it too and cash in at our expense.we need to get the show back on the road and quick.

2 hours ago, swinners said:

I think we have to say that we have had a bad start already.  But if you look on form of last 6 games as pundits do then its horrific.

L D D L W D

And one of those draws  was a penatly shoot out loss. The win was against L2 oposition.  Poor to me.

Are you a spin doctor? 

If we don't get 6 points out the next 3 games then I really think it's time to reassess things... It's not just the season we didn't finish last season well... We should have destroyed Huddersfield and the play offs we wasn't unlucky we were poor. 

2 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Already a bad start.

We are chasing promotion not avoiding relegation 

Its not as though we have been given much to hope for, Preston was dire and not a lot to get exited about against QPR and all this from a side that has had plenty of time to prepare and sort the niggly problems, still no new center back, midfield dynamo and problems with FF again. Heres to living in hope.

4 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

If we don't get 6 points out the next 3 games then I really think it's time to reassess things... It's not just the season we didn't finish last season well... We should have destroyed Huddersfield and the play offs we wasn't unlucky we were poor. 

We won 6 out of the 7 last league games.  We played a 2nd 11 in the one game we lost.  Never let the truth get in the way of talkingbollocks.