Reach - Undropable?

One of the worst wingers I've ever seen.

Slower than my granny and he refuses to do the basics such as beating his man and crossing it.

Instead he will cut back and pass it 5 yards backwards.

This sort of play nullifies attacks yet he is worthy of a starting place.

Needs to be sold.

On 05/08/2017 at 20:16, The General said:

What are your thoughts,

Never give anything special I can see, we have players far more able in his position.

Do we think the price tag means he MUST play?

The General

He's like Bannan. No matter how poor, still starts a game. 

He's a good player with a good engine. He works to instructions which is why he isn't playing as a traditional winger. Carlos wants to keep it tight and keep the shape, Reach does what he's told to do.

Change his instructions and he will play another way. All the traditional wingers we have had have struggled to get a game, that was because they didn't play like Carlos wanted them to. 

35c pass rate in Playoff Semi and 46pc on Sat v PNE. I rest my case. Can carry the ball a bit but 6/10 cases spoons it to oppo. 

That's over 6 times per match he makes us defend from a positive position. 

Pathetic lady Di looking waste of space 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

He's a good player with a good engine. He works to instructions which is why he isn't playing as a traditional winger. Carlos wants to keep it tight and keep the shape, Reach does what he's told to do.

Change his instructions and he will play another way. All the traditional wingers we have had have struggled to get a game, that was because they didn't play like Carlos wanted them to. 

So Carlos gives him instructions to give the ball away 6 times out of 10. Don't be stupid. He's worse than Helan

On 05/08/2017 at 19:28, TrickyTrev said:

Perhaps Carlos is thinking he can't afford another big money flop?

On one level or another it can be argued that Reach, Rhodes, Abdi, Jones, Matias and Joao have all failed to live up to their price tags for one reason or another. So that's around £20m waisted... that's shocking however you try to dress it up!!

We have sponked sum money on some right shiiite!

13 hours ago, beckford said:

Grayson rated him very highly and was desperate to re-sign him.

What he said was that even if he was available for a million it would've been an expensive deal for PNE, and that we had no chance when it got ridiculous at £5-6m.

What he said was more about the craziness of the market than Reach.

Perhaps if your manager played an extra central midfielder, and therefore gave your team more of a foothold in midfield, your wide men like Reach would have more license to get forward and express themselves, rather than having to just run up and down tracking the opposition like Reach and Boyd did on Saturday.

As I said on another thread, just seeing 90 minutes it was clear to see where your problems lie. You don't get enough of a grip in central midfield with your current formation and you don't have any pace to go long either, so you just don't look cohesive at all.

Spot on

What he said was that even if he was available for a million it would've been an expensive deal for PNE, and that we had no chance when it got ridiculous at £5-6m.

Perhaps if your manager played an extra central midfielder, and therefore gave your team more of a foothold in midfield, your wide men like Reach would have more license to get forward and express themselves, rather than having to just run up and down tracking the opposition like Reach and Boyd did on Saturday.

As I said on another thread, just seeing 90 minutes it was clear to see where your problems lie. You don't get enough of a grip in central midfield with your current formation and you don't have any pace to go long either, so you just don't look cohesive at all.

Don't disagree with your comments, but even when Reach is in an offensive position he does little with it.

You are correct 

It was painful to see us on Saturday, except for you I suppose 

It is so obvious it is really daft we don't fix it

If you don't have a central midfield you don't get enough possession of the ball. Neither do the back 4 have anywhere to pass the ball to other than hoof it. Apart from across the back we never put more than a couple of passes together.

Pearson is a decent enough player but our system makes him look like a cross between Makele and Fabregas

On 05/08/2017 at 19:16, The General said:

What are your thoughts,

Never give anything special I can see, we have players far more able in his position.

Do we think the price tag means he MUST play?

The General

Well FF doesn't want to play on the left so it has to be Reach, who is a much better player than people in here give him credit for .Then again it's the annual competition of which player can we scapegoat this season.

Edited by akbuk