Reach - Undropable?

5 hours ago, The General said:

What are your thoughts,

Never give anything special I can see, we have players far more able in his position.

Do we think the price tag means he MUST play?

The General

Not reading through all the posts. It's the undroppable Bannan that's the problem. He's the weak link. Absolute dogshit. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reach is dire. All the confidence has been drained out of him under CC. He shits himself every time he gets the ball

Fine example of p**s poor man management by Carlos he drops players when they shouldn't be dropped Winnall, Hooper, Fletcher etc then doesn't drop players when they are clearly shot of confidence or just playing bad Reach, Bannan, Wallace etc 

Guest beckford
On 05/08/2017 at 22:47, Greenhgate Owl said:

Was it Grayson who said he was a million pound player and couldn't believe we paid 5mil for him

Grayson rated him very highly and was desperate to re-sign him.

What he said was that even if he was available for a million it would've been an expensive deal for PNE, and that we had no chance when it got ridiculous at £5-6m.

What he said was more about the craziness of the market than Reach.

Perhaps if your manager played an extra central midfielder, and therefore gave your team more of a foothold in midfield, your wide men like Reach would have more license to get forward and express themselves, rather than having to just run up and down tracking the opposition like Reach and Boyd did on Saturday.

As I said on another thread, just seeing 90 minutes it was clear to see where your problems lie. You don't get enough of a grip in central midfield with your current formation and you don't have any pace to go long either, so you just don't look cohesive at all.

On 05/08/2017 at 19:28, TrickyTrev said:

Perhaps Carlos is thinking he can't afford another big money flop?

On one level or another it can be argued that Reach, Rhodes, Abdi, Jones, Matias and Joao have all failed to live up to their price tags for one reason or another. So that's around £20m waisted... that's shocking however you try to dress it up!!

I'd dress it up like a really cheap looking drag queen.

He'll be dropped back to left back tonight rather than to the bench or out of the match day 18. Get shut of Reach altogether and you'll see a massive difference in our performances. People on here talk about us moving the ball around slowly, well he's one of the main culprits. He never has a clue on what to do when he has possesion.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:21, Almat said:

As was McGeady from all accounts. What's your secret? :duntmatter:

Simple really. Select him to play. Let him be a proper winger and ping crosses in. Benefit from those crosses by buying a striker who thrives on those crosses.

But I'm no football manager. there must be more to it than that.

Reach plays with no confidence, don't think he fits the way Carlos wants to play but turns up every week and tries to do what he is asked. He is the sort of player that if we sold him to someone who utilised him properly would probably come back and surprise us all.

From the moment he signed he has looked short of quality.  Any winger needs to have one outstanding attribute. Wallace has craft and ability to ping it from distance, others like jj have pace which scares defenders to death.  If you are really lucky you get a bale who can do it all.

reach has no outstanding quality. He must be a dream to defend against.

I would take him out of the side altogether ( I said the same last season) and try and get his pace and strength in a better place  as I don't think he is a good enough footballer to become a Wallace type of wide man. I would train the guy like rocky balboa for 6 months and see where we get to. Otherwise we might as well write off this player and the money he cost us.

I would also forget him playing full back, he isn't good enough there. 

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:25, Great Big Galaa said:

Up there with Beswetherick as one of the worst left sided players I've ever seen at S6. Difference was we got Beswetherick on a free. Reach is a massive reason why our style of play has gone backwards since 2015/16.

absolutely bang on, if there's one player that sums up our style of play over the last year, its him, other than running around, he literally has nothing to offer

On Sunday, August 06, 2017 at 00:02, SallyCinnamon said:

Reach is dire. All the confidence has been drained out of him under CC. He shits himself every time he gets the ball

Reach has been dire since we signed him never shown anything 

Reach has one of the worst traits for a winger---he thinks with the ball at his feet. Couple that with him not being all that quick (witness the foot race with his fullback in Rangers game)  

Match the above with a pathological fear of shooting (Alfreton excepted) and dainty tackling he appears to have not a lot going for him :sad:.