Sailing close to the FFP wind

Guest Deleted member

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

Would the 8 or 10 million spent on Rhodes be spread across the length of his contract? 

Its bobbar or bust this season imo. If we fail to get promoted again then I'd imagine there'll be a clear out next year. 

I think thats how it works ya know,lets say £2 million a season over the four years (thats all dependent on the transfer fee being £8 million).

I don't see the "shyte or bust" scenario if we don't go up.

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Surely Wolves are over the line if we're up to it. 

I think it takes a number of clubs to complain to the FFP about a certain club...

I just hope we are inclined to complain about Wolves, same way others have complained about us.

I bet Cardiff are one, managed by Warnock. Rejected a bid for Morrison. Can't be seen to do business with us, after throwing us under the bus

we have a good squad as it stands and if the purse strings have to be drawn in then it's not the end of the world ........there's no reason the squad we have cant make the top 6 .where's the problem with we have to sell to buy it's how the transfer system as worked since football began especially at our level .

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

lol It's a direct quote from the BBC...numpty

It's made up cobblers, Carlos wouldn't have a clue how much money there is to spend, and why would he. His job is to do the best he can with the tools given.  UTO 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

It's made up cobblers, Carlos wouldn't have a clue how much money there is to spend, and why would he. His job is to do the best he can with the tools given.  UTO 

You're still arguing about a recorded direct quote from Carlos 

Numpty

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

Who made it up then. Carlos. The BBC. Or grandad. 

Just curious like. 

19 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Their problems were caused by their excessive wage structure and long contracts for deadwood which sounds all too familiar.

My major worry. Our transfer business on the whole has been really poor. Squad is so bloated and millions is being wasted. 

36 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It the annual Radio Sheffield football special...my missus was listening to it coming back from work. She said who's that Utd manager he couldn't string a sentence together. How thick did he sound ? I told her it was Dem Galacticos manager who are waving to us on their way to the Prem lol 

Does it matter what he really sounds like though?

Every club he's been at he's been a success and let's be honest it was a masterstroke by the pigs to get him ...if he does well this season and by that I mean mid table he's done very well in his last 3 years .

Can't believe I'm sticking up for him tbh but some people will spout anything to try and make someone look an idiot....its football that talks nothing else.

We need Carlos to do that now !

46 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

Just a thought but the Chairman might be edging his bets, because i think in football, "Coach's sometimes get the sack" and the new one might need a bit of cash, hence shopping in the bargain basement for Centre Halves at present. For me he is in the "Last Chance Saloon" and nothing to do with Fair Play.

I think you might be right

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Fox, Winnall and Rhodes came in in the previous window, but from 'well within' to 'close to the wind'?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-are-well-within-ffp-rules-1-8106063

Wasn't Rhodes a loan until the official transfer in the summer - hence the transfer fee  won't it go into next years FFP figures and it is spread over the length of the contract accounting wise - which FFP follows 

the financial year end is 31st May so they will have a pretty good idea where we stand for the year just gone and how the budget for this is looking

Being the sad old accountant that I am just to spend a couple of days going through the numbers would be great fun (for me anyway)

I think I would need a stiff drink when looking at the monthly payroll figures though. I can't think of any other business that would have so much cost incurred for such little value from about 50% of the employees

19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield on Monday, he explained: "We are probably (on) the line (of FFP), which is why we achieve a player so far that is, George Boyd, it was a free player. And we try to find a free player.

"Also I’ve said since I arrived that if the chairman is happy to sell any player I never have a problem in any club to sell one player in the past. And in the club so far the chairman prefers to stay with the players - I am very happy about that.

Numpty 

To be fair to @kevtheowl you mention in your opening post that it looks like "we really need to offload", yet Carlos doesn't mention anything of the sort.

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think it takes a number of clubs to complain to the FFP about a certain club...

I just hope we are inclined to complain about Wolves, same way others have complained about us.

I bet Cardiff are one, managed by Warnock. Rejected a bid for Morrison. Can't be seen to do business with us, after throwing us under the bus

Being complained about to the FFP? That's like being complained about to the Highway Code Book cause you were caught speeding.

FFP is a set of UEFA regulations adopted by the EFL and monitored over a three period by you providing your annual accounts and future projections.

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Our recruitment policy has been chaotic, 36 players signed in 2 years at a cost of about £35m, and yet the nucleus of the current side, were all here pre the spending Absolutely barmy

When that much money has been spent on so many players in a relatively small amount of time, and yet we are still a Championship side, you know that the performance of the manager/head coach has not been good enough.

With that sort of outlay, a better manager would have already got us promoted as the division winners by now.