Sailing close to the FFP wind

Guest Deleted member

Just now, Grandad said:

Well they played Carlos saying it on Radio Sheffield News just now. So unless theyve got a damn good impersonator - its not made up at all.

numpty

You make things up, and you're  calling me a numpty.   UTO 

7 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Forest sold Britt Assomwhatshisname, Henri Lansbury, and Michail Antonio for £30m - just to name a few. Not sure Forest's problems are caused by FFP!!

They've been out of the sactions for a year or so now. I think they were last under embargo when they sold Antonio but since FFP they've been crippled by lack of investment. Their problems were caused by their excessive wage structure and long contracts for deadwood which sounds all too familiar.

Edited by TrueOwl

Just now, Grandad said:

Well they played Carlos saying it on Radio Sheffield News just now. So unless theyve got a damn good impersonator - its not made up at all.

numpty

Just now, Grandad said:

numpty

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

No way was the club who bid for Forestieri paying much more over £7m.

Probably didn't make myself clear, when I said the bids would come in thick and fast I was talking about other clubs. IIRC Newcastle were rumoured potential suitors at the time. Plus I'm absolutely convinced DC's reply to derby was 'not for sale at any price' which probably stopped them coming back with a bigger bid.

Just now, TrueOwl said:

They've been out of the sactions for a year or so now. I think they were last under embargo when they sold Antonio but since FFP they've been crippled by lack of investment. Their problems were caused by their excessive wage structure which sounds all too familiar.

Reckon Forest's problems stemmed from the owner losing interest. And you're right, they were under embargo when they sold Antonio and still didn't invest once it was lifted - presumably due to the lack of interest from said owner.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

Speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield on Monday, he explained: "We are probably (on) the line (of FFP), which is why we achieve a player so far that is, George Boyd, it was a free player. And we try to find a free player.

"Also I’ve said since I arrived that if the chairman is happy to sell any player I never have a problem in any club to sell one player in the past. And in the club so far the chairman prefers to stay with the players - I am very happy about that.

Numpty 

FFP....is there any evidence to suggest that it's actually working? We continue to see transfer values rise, and rich relegated clubs get their relegation bonus money. 

It's really not been thought about.

Are we in danger right now? Or do we have until the end of the season? 

Would the 8 or 10 million spent on Rhodes be spread across the length of his contract? 

Its bobbar or bust this season imo. If we fail to get promoted again then I'd imagine there'll be a clear out next year. 

1 minute ago, Almat said:

Probably didn't make myself clear, when I said the bids would come in thick and fast I was talking about other clubs. IIRC Newcastle were rumoured potential suitors at the time. Plus I'm absolutely convinced DC's reply to derby was 'not for sale at any price' which probably stopped them coming back with a bigger bid.

If Newcastle were serious then they would have signed him. They had the pulling power and they had the finances, just didn't have the interest.

Derby wanted him for £7m and wouldn't have paid much more. They knew Forestieri wasn't happy with his contract and tried their luck. Every player is for sale at the right price, Derby were only interested in getting a steal - or moving on. 

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

Making the world aware that you are close to FFP doesn't exactly put you in the best bargaining position either. 

Re selling a player, the obvious one is FF. Not a guaranteed starter, we would get a decent fee and has got a history of throwing his toys out of the pram. 

Depends how you look at it. You could easily say it will stop people asking for overinflated fees if they don’t think we are flush with cash.