Sailing close to the FFP wind

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Apparently at last night's fans forum Carlos was quoted saying he's 'not sure' if the club could pay a transfer fee -  as we are at the edge of FFP...

That makes the £10m for Rhodes seem even more reckless, especially as we'd just bought Winnall 

Looks like we really need to offload.  Hope it's not FF

He said other clubs break FFP but he didn't want us to be one of them.

He also said he doesn't deal with anything to do with finance and money, that's up to the chairman.

He didn't say we need to offload, but he said (as he has before) the chairman won't sell any players unless it is a big offer and he thinks we could reinvest better.

At the time the Rhodes signing looked like a big dice roll to try and secure promotion.

If it has had such a big impact on us and FFP this season, it makes it even more frustrating that we neither went for it, not played to his strengths from January onwards.

Guest Deleted member

Apologies - just seen the 'Who would you sell' thread which is on a similar topic (it didnt really give any clues to the FFP position which I just heard on the radio)

Guest Ash76
4 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Rather have Rhodes than Fletchers 4 year 37 grand a week deal 

Rhodes will cost us a lot more than Fletcher and isn't anywhere near as good.

Wages will be at least equal to and then there is the fee

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Apparently at last night's fans forum Carlos was quoted saying he's 'not sure' if the club could pay a transfer fee -  as we are at the edge of FFP...

That makes the £10m for Rhodes seem even more reckless, especially as we'd just bought Winnall 

Looks like we really need to offload.  Hope it's not FF

Completely bonkers.  We don't even play to Rhodes' strengths which makes it even more bizarre. Our transfer business and overall strategy since the play off final defeat in 2016 has been very poor.  We had a very good side, it needed some fine tuning and we have consequently spent tens of milllions on a load of players and our first team is no better. 

Guest We Shall Overcome

Just a thought but the Chairman might be edging his bets, because i think in football, "Coach's sometimes get the sack" and the new one might need a bit of cash, hence shopping in the bargain basement for Centre Halves at present. For me he is in the "Last Chance Saloon" and nothing to do with Fair Play.

3 minutes ago, Almat said:

DC's accountant may have surveyed the starting 11 against Udders and asked where his client's 30 million spondoolics went! 

I'm sure someone will one day laugh at the spondoolics joke. 

4 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Not seen this forum mentioned is this in addition to the Steering Group thats happening on Wednesday night?

It the annual Radio Sheffield football special...my missus was listening to it coming back from work. She said who's that Utd manager he couldn't string a sentence together. How thick did he sound ? I told her it was Dem Galacticos manager who are waving to us on their way to the Prem lol