OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

29 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Any Striker that doesn't want to take a Penalty has got something missing in his chest and his arris 

I don't know for sure that he is but would be amazed if he isn't on a goal bonus so most strikers would be itching to take a Pen 

Said my opinion before. But anybody who thinks these cretins didn’t stoke the Carlos out flames is deluded. They will now be doing the same with Rhodes. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t shed a tear when Carlos went and I’m no fan of Rhodes, but they are trying to cause unrest. Think of the way they reacted to Carlos this season. Then remember the way they defended Atkins right to the end even when the bacon boys were in meltdown. 

It propaganda stop listening.

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Said my opinion before. But anybody who thinks these cretins didn’t stoke the Carlos out flames is deluded. They will now be doing the same with Rhodes. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t shed a tear when Carlos went and I’m no fan of Rhodes, but they are trying to cause unrest. Think of the way they reacted to Carlos this season. Then remember the way they defended Atkins right to the end even when the bacon boys were in meltdown. 

It propaganda stop listening.

Yup they seemed to be pushing an agenda tonight, Rhodes had been covered by them yesterday. I don't think they have the courage to talk in the same manner about United and Wilder, as I think they are intimidated by him.

39 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Yup they seemed to be pushing an agenda tonight, Rhodes had been covered by them yesterday. I don't think they have the courage to talk in the same manner about United and Wilder, as I think they are intimidated by him.

Honestly they defended Clough and Adkins choose how bad results got. Someone can post a broadcast to prove me wrong but don’t think you’ll find any until after their sackings. 

Can this be said of Carlos or Dave Jones. 

If you can’t see the bias then I presume it’s because Giddings once said your name on air and you love him for it. 

• Haha 1

My opinion on the Rhodes situation is it's all down to confidence. A lot of people aren't looking at a few key facts, Boro signed him to be the other striker they needed to get promoted which they did but changed their tactic for the Premier League to a more rigid 4-5-1. This left Rhodes (who Karanka admitted he didn't want and wanted Ross McCormack instead) 3rd choice at the time and thus often out of the team. We signed him after playing just 4 games in 2016/17 all off the bench, not exactly a lot of football. He wasn't match fit, started fairly well with an assist and a goal in his first two games and then due to the style of play we were using at the time it was hard for him to get the service he needed. This year the tactic was fairly similar, he has had chances yes but I still don't think he's had anywhere near enough to say 'he's past it' or 'he's been a waste of money'. I don't think he's a player you can just drop in and out at will you need to keep him in and stick with him. Let's also bare in mind Jos has had him for 2 games so far, he's already looked sharper for me in those games than Carlos' last few months. Give him until the end of the season and asses it then. It all comes back to confidence and his along with two or three others in the squad has been down for a while.