Harlee Dean, Brentford captain

Guest BULGARIA

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Really, 7m for Reach and 10 m for Rhodes, so what makes you think we can't or won't compete for players like this?

I'm just concerned that we can't keep investing without selling. I guess the trouble is that there's no real visibility of the clubs position vs the FFP boundaries. 

1 minute ago, Ballmeist said:

I'm just concerned that we can't keep investing without selling. I guess the trouble is that there's no real visibility of the clubs position vs the FFP boundaries. 

...which is exactly how things should be when you're the fan of a professionally-run football club, I'm sure you'd agree?

We don't want any prospective sellers / buyers to know our hand when the club start negotiating with them, do we?

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Under the new rules we can lose up to 39m over a three year period. Don't see that it's a problem at present.

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Under the new rules we can lose up to 39m over a three year period. Don't see that it's a problem at present.

Absolutely and most fees are installments, very rare they are paid up front.

6 hours ago, BULGARIA said:

My friend is a Brentford fanatic, knows quite a bit and he tells me we are sniffing around their captain Harlee Dean, a solid center back according to my buddy.

He still laughs at us buying Lloyd Owusu!!

I dont have any friends. 

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I've heard a whisper...

Grant Hanley will be signing, currently has a little knock, he's being kept on Newcastles books while his injury clears up.

Signing expected to be completed 3 weeks into the season.

Newcastle have played two friendlies and hes featured in both, including starting on Saturday against Preston. I think you misheard the whisper lol

6 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I've heard a whisper...

Grant Hanley will be signing, currently has a little knock, he's being kept on Newcastles books while his injury clears up.

Signing expected to be completed 3 weeks into the season.

That's very considerate of Newcastle to be doing that completely selfless act that's costing them thousands of pounds. 

Why would they do that favour for us again?

24 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Newcastle have played two friendlies and hes featured in both, including starting on Saturday against Preston. I think you misheard the whisper lol

It might be a case of proving fitness, doubt the old man was fibbin

7 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Batemoor, Jordanthorpe or Clay Cross?

lol

...just saw this before I was about to post summat similar about Clay Cross... you know it I presume then Sham!

Edited by Bleeder

All these centre backs fit the bill. We seem to be looking for a player who is dominant in the air, and has good leadership qualities, Bartley, Keogh, Morrison, Hanley and Dean are all such players All will cost a few bob though, but we will have to pay the going rate if we are to tempt clubs to sell