Vitoria de Setubal vs Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a lop sided team that is, Pudil at centre back, and all four midfielders are left footed Not the first time we've done that either YOUd have thought after signing thirty odd players, we'd at least be able to put out a balanced side

Its a pre season match 2 weeks before the season and everyone will get a game. Next week is when they will start nailing it down esp against Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a lop sided team that is, Pudil at centre back, and all four midfielders are left footed Not the first time we've done that either YOUd have thought after signing thirty odd players, we'd at least be able to put out a balanced side

Actually Im quite happy with that side, as long as they play their positions well, and the left winger is left footed I'm ok with it, and Boyd is actually quite adept and proven with both feet so him being wide right isn't actually an issue

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

It would appear Reach is first choice on the left at the moment. 

Assuming we are building up to the first game I wouldn't want FF any where near starting wide left at Preston 

I think we all fear how that might end!

9 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Was going to say similar I hope he starts picking the first team from now till the Preston game

i will guess at 

Westwood 

Hunt    Lees       Pudil      Fox

Boyd   Jones   Bannan   Reach 

Hooper   Rhodes 

Well I was expecting Westwood but otherwise spot on. 

Lets hope Rhodes and Hooper have a decent partnership tonight as a lot of us predict they could be great together 

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Nobody ever grumbles when a team is full of right footers.

Schmeichel

Parker

Bruce

Pallister

Irwin

Kanchelskis

Keane

Ince

Giggs

Cantona

Hughes

One left footer in whole team.

We have five right footers and six left.

Yet people still find something to be flip in negative about

Hate to say it, but what a team. 

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

As per tonight with Westwood back in if fit and hopefully someone to replace Pudil at CB. 

Yes those would be the likely changes, but that doesn't look like a promotion winning side to me Three or four years ago, but the division has improved a heck of a lot since then

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Nobody ever grumbles when a team is full of right footers.

Schmeichel

Parker

Bruce

Pallister

Irwin

Kanchelskis

Keane

Ince

Giggs

Cantona

Hughes

One left footer in whole team.

We have five right footers and six left.

Yet people still find something to be flip in negative about

Very good point actually, fair play.

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Think we've now got a pretty good idea of what our starting 11 will be for Preston. Carlos been pretty consistent with his pre season 11. 

Agree. This plus a new CB to replace Pudil and maybe Nando for Adam Reach, although AR won his place by his performances so far in pre season. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If they played in a straight four across the middle would be more of a problem that they are all left footed. but they do tend to drop in and out of positions all the time so don't think that is really an issue in terms of the balance.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes those would be the likely changes, but that doesn't look like a promotion winning side to me Three or four years ago, but the division has improved a heck of a lot since then

Maybe but on the flip side we could have a bench with FF, Lee, Fletcher, Wallace, Abdi, Winnall , Hutchinson etc etc. Not sure anyone else in the league has that level of quality outside of their first 11.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Maybe but on the flip side we could have a bench with FF, Lee, Fletcher, Wallace, Abdi, Winnall , Hutchinson etc etc. Not sure anyone else in the league has that level of quality outside of their first 11.

Funny, I was just thinking, I could pick a side out of the left overs that I reckon could beat that team quite easily

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Funny, I was just thinking, I could pick a side out of the left overs that I reckon could beat that team quite easily

Again I take your point but perhaps its a good thing if Carlos is concentrating more on playing people in the right role than trying to shoehorn in the best 11.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope Pudil doesn't start the season as a CB against Preston. Praying Westwood injury isn't serious. 

It wouldn't be good would it but you'd think that even if we haven't signed anyone either Hutch or Loovens would be fit by then. Not sure about Loovens but don't think there's much wrong with Hutch at the moment.