Pigs and Leeds games on Sky

1 hour ago, baz9209 said:

Am I the only one this has landed peachy for

I am at a die hard Owls wedding in Ireland over that weekend, wedding at 1pm on the Saturday  so we thought we would miss it.

church will be half owls half pigs however we can now watch it Sunday....brings a whole new meaning to Sunday Bloody Sunday lol UTO

What Diehard Owls would get married on the weekend that we play the Pigs? :ghoulguy:

wakefieldowl replied to stevewhiterose's topic in SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY

The date has already been set for the game v pigs. Its between 23-30 sept. I have an outstanding record of being away for pigs games and that's the date I'm away during next season Absolutely nailed on

So f***** obvious the date of the derby at Hillsborough. I have the most remarkable record of missing six yes f***** SIX derbies because of holidays. The football !league actually check my holiday dates before arranging fixtures, so wasn't surprised that I will miss ANOTHER. (See my post above from February announcing the date)

What I didn't expect was the FL to wee wee themselves laughing by arranging for me to miss leedscum at home too (bear in mind where I live for its extra relevance)

Well f*** you FL cos Sky's done you this time with these two changes as I'll see both now (albeit on TV for the porkers game)

6 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

wakefieldowl replied to stevewhiterose's topic in SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY

The date has already been set for the game v pigs. Its between 23-30 sept. I have an outstanding record of being away for pigs games and that's the date I'm away during next season Absolutely nailed on

So f***** obvious the date of the derby at Hillsborough. I have the most remarkable record of missing six yes f***** SIX derbies because of holidays. The football !league actually check my holiday dates before arranging fixtures, so wasn't surprised that I will miss ANOTHER. (See my post above from February announcing the date)

What I didn't expect was the FL to wee wee themselves laughing by arranging for me to miss leedscum at home too (bear in mind where I live for its extra relevance)

Well f*** you FL cos Sky's done you this time with these two changes as I'll see both now (albeit on TV for the porkers game)

Why not go some other week of the year then?

Why have the Police moved the Barnsley games back to 12.15 ? For years we played the Dingles at 3pm sat without any incidents of note ..... pathetic again by SYP ....there is less trouble these days than in season's gone by yet it doesn't seem to alter the views of those in control!

The change of fixtures, especially the Barnsley games to an early kick off is ridiculous. Coupled with the over segregation between fans at Hillsborough, again farcical, you would think we would have the most violent fans in the Country. SAG and SYP are a complete embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Why not go some other week of the year then?

It was a 1 in 46 chance of missing it, so I foolishly booked it. It didn't matter when I booked my holidays for, the FL would still have scheduled the derby match for when I'm away, even if it was July!

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

What Diehard Owls would get married on the weekend that we play the Pigs? :ghoulguy:

Haha true been arranged since before they even looked like getting promoted, Sod's law it would be on derby weekend 

3 hours ago, Geosword said:

Why are they getting excited about a beamback to watch themselves get humiliated?

That last season they had where it was harder to lose has made them think they actually have a chance against us, hasn't it?

It's gonna be like that Game of Thrones episode where the little show off prances about in front of the giant before we decide to brutally crush them.

Can't wait.

Hillsborough wetherspoons at 9am one of the pigs posted :duntmatter:

9 hours ago, matt68owls said:

bloody hell, don't finish till 2 on a sunday, going to miss both

I have to work either Saturday or Sunday, as a football fan I opt for working Sundays so I can go to the football. Season hasn't even kicked off yet and I have now requested 4 holiday days on a Sunday due to football and that's only until 1st October. (3 home matches I don't want to miss on a Sunday and Preston away for Weekend wee wee up in Blackpool). Don't know whether I will get em all as they don't like us to have too many Weekends off.

It's about time SYP and Sky TV stopped Fmucking about with football and give us our Saturday 3pm matches back. End of Rant.

6 minutes ago, mike312 said:

So as someone has pointed out on twitter, between August the 12th and November the 18th we don't play one game at 3pm on a Saturday. Rubbish.

And I'm away on holiday for the QPR game (had no choice this year) so my first 3pm home game of the season will be November 18th. Great!!

1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

Hillsborough wetherspoons at 9am one of the pigs posted :duntmatter:

Ya just know that, that will be one of those "we took Wednesday's boozer" type tales passed on for generations to live off, ya know like that other one they have, "never been done, never been run" shiznee. 

7 hours ago, Geosword said:

Why are they getting excited about a beamback to watch themselves get humiliated?

That last season they had where it was harder to lose has made them think they actually have a chance against us, hasn't it?

It's gonna be like that Game of Thrones episode where the little show off prances about in front of the giant before we decide to brutally crush them.

Can't wait.

They will still buy kids tickets to get in on the cheap for the beamback .