Early signings

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Ok. In that case. Lets shut the club. The world is over populated and we have a global inability to sustain what we have today, let alone in 20 years time when the population is likely to increaese by another billion. The largest glacier ever has just broken off the arctic and is noe melting anf leaking more CO2 intobour seas and atmosphere. Meanwhile we continue to plunder the earth and b

uy stuff we dont need in an effort to satisfy ourselves. Shall i go on...

I don't think there is any point in any of us going on now.

59 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Dont respond then if you dont like it. Little fanny....??? Wow. Im 44 and supported Wednesday since a young kid. Dont talk to me as though im 17. Im well aware of Turner and Irvine and all the good and crap prior to that thanks. Dont like what im saying, I couldnt give a flying f#ck. How about you do one. 

lol you fanny

Some of you should really try reading what is posted. Pause. Try to understand another viewpoint perhaps? 

A simple "disagree" perhaps?  

Like OP says - I too am a little disappointed. Not particularly confident about the upcoming season -but hoping to be proven wrong.

#fannylovingbladehatingman

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I will say it again. If you want to sign out of contract players from Hartlepool it is very easy. If you want top quality ( i.e. Better than what we have) it is very difficult as you will be competing with lower prem top notch championship clubs. These sort of players don't jump at the first offer they get, they let their agents work their nads off to get the best deal they can.

im sure some of our fans would like us to sign dross just so we have something to talk about. Still a month to go, and it may take even longer to land our top targets. Bit of patience needed I think

Think I've warned you before about using intelligence and common sense when posting on OT.  

Well said.

8 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Some of you should really try reading what is posted. Pause. Try to understand another viewpoint perhaps? 

A simple "disagree" perhaps?  

Like OP says - I too am a little disappointed. Not particularly confident about the upcoming season -but hoping to be proven wrong.

#fannylovingbladehatingman

Careful. You will be deported t'lane soon 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Just looking at the last 2 seasons and wondering where the change is coming from to finally get us over the line

Not by signing a load of players that are no better than we currently have just to keep the fan base happy. The same fan base that then moans said players are poo and why did we waste money on them

The thing is these days it's harder to make quick signings as agents play such a big part. 

It was rumoured somewhere that we want Hanley but need him to drop his wage. He's on that big wage cos of his agent. We wanted him last season but Newcastle came in at the end. 

Agents are king now in the transfer market. Boyd came to us because we offered the same if not better wage than Burnley but over 2 years. 

A similar thing happened when we signed Fletcher. He got the longer contract with us. Agents dictate things and whilst it's nice to do your business early, in reality it's just not always possible. 

We may well start the season without all our targets but that doesn't mean we still won't get some or all of them. I appreciate the frustrations but you have to understand how the market works these days. 

As for 4-4-2 I wouldn't read too much into that. I think Carlos was probably ruling out 3-5-2 but we have seen us play 4-3-1-2 and 4-1-4-1 before as opposed to a rigid 4-4-2. 

I personally think if a flat 4-4-2 isn't working we could go 4-2-3-1 and flood the midfield particularly away from home. 

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil

Lee Hutch Bannan

Abdi 

Rhodes

Just an example. You could switch a number of players in this formation such as Hooper for Rhodes, FF for Abdi, Boyd for Bannan etc

Without doubt our Chairman will want promotion this season, without doubt Carlos will have to achieve promotion this season to keep his job,so I feel fairly confident that 

they have discussed player recruitment at length and know exactly who they want, so no doubt we all will have to be patient until those targets can be signed.

QUALITY not quantity is what we all want. 

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Good to see our aim of making signings early is bearing fruit. One out of contract winger so far. Heady times indeed.

I see we are also sticking with a 442 (no idea where to play people formation) for next season. I'm not overly optimistic at this point for next season. I hope I'm wrong.

is it code?

B L A C K

S H A R P

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Don't agree with persons views, therefore must support somebody else.

Tool

Unreasonably slag off the club that you claim to support.

Tool

Edited by Key

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Ok. In that case. Lets shut the club. The world is over populated and we have a global inability to sustain what we have today, let alone in 20 years time when the population is likely to increaese by another billion. The largest glacier ever has just broken off the arctic and is noe melting anf leaking more CO2 intobour seas and atmosphere. Meanwhile we continue to plunder the earth and b

uy stuff we dont need in an effort to satisfy ourselves. Shall i go on...

Aah! You're a tree hugger. Now it all makes sense.

They love a good grievance those lefties.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

There is no comparison between us trying to sign quality players and Brighton and Huddersfield doing it?

They have 150 mill to spend , can promise Premier League football and big wages and pay big fees.

Rowett probably drove Ince to Huddersfield himself. They paid City 10 million for a player who was never going to be near the City team

Even the clubs with parachute money have struggled to sign quality players in the championship up to now.

You are missing the point. 

There is a market for players of all qualities.

I'm not saying we should be spending money like them - just that they have been very active and signing players, settling them into their training etc.

Why should their planning (irrespective of budget) be any better than ours? 

I'm not too fused that we haven't made the majority of our signings yet. Early pre season is all about fitness so any potential new signings will be getting up to speed that way at their respective clubs I'm sure. The next couple of weeks I'd like to see one or two though.

Define early, is it the first day of the transfer window, before the season starts or avoiding messing around at the minute like they did with Rhodes.

So long as the right players come in then I couldn't care when they come.