Early signings

4 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

You started a thread like a spoilt little kid the  get the hump on when people poke fun at your major over reaction ...you shudda seen the Turner or Irvine days mate when you were probably absent .

If you don't like the way the club is doing things then fuckoff...fed up of listening to whining littlefannies like you !

Dont respond then if you dont like it. Little fanny....??? Wow. Im 44 and supported Wednesday since a young kid. Dont talk to me as though im 17. Im well aware of Turner and Irvine and all the good and crap prior to that thanks. Dont like what im saying, I couldnt give a flying f#ck. How about you do one. 

I would have thought we would be looking for quality Bosman style signings as part of our strategy. 

No point in paying inflated transfer fees if it can be avoided.

Those targets could have been persued months ago and signed by now and in pre-season training.

On a separate note teams like Brighton and Huddersfield don't seem to have any problem in finding and signing targets.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

No hole here. Just a point of view. People dont like it then please dont care to answer. Its easy enough

Ahh, I get it, you only want people to answer if they share your point of view. That's not how a forum works mate, particularly Owlstalk, we're a set of venomous barstewards.

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I would have thought we would be looking for quality Bosman style signings as part of our strategy. 

No point in paying inflated transfer fees if it can be avoided.

Those targets could have been persued months ago and signed by now and in pre-season training.

On a separate note teams like Brighton and Huddersfield don't seem to have any problem in finding and signing targets.

There is no comparison between us trying to sign quality players and Brighton and Huddersfield doing it?

They have 150 mill to spend , can promise Premier League football and big wages and pay big fees.

Rowett probably drove Ince to Huddersfield himself. They paid City 10 million for a player who was never going to be near the City team

Even the clubs with parachute money have struggled to sign quality players in the championship up to now.

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Ahh, I get it, you only want people to answer if they share your point of view. That's not how a forum works mate, particularly Owlstalk, we're a set of venomous barstewards.

Nope. Thats not it at all. Some guy was telling me to f off to the lane as he didnt like my post. I was merely saying he didnt have to respond if he didnt like it. In fact he was sick of my posts. Well he doent have to read them or respond if he finds them not to his taste. Thats all. I dont mind the discussions. I like pointing out peoples misconceptions and ill judged or poorly researched comments.

31 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How does one 'man up'? I assume thats what you meant. Please explain

You could try to stop being so needy or aggressive when others reply to your post. You know, communicate in a way more befitting of a 44 year old rather than that expected of a teenager.

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Who cares really? There are people starving in Hull and all you care about is what someone said they'd like to happen.

Ok. In that case. Lets shut the club. The world is over populated and we have a global inability to sustain what we have today, let alone in 20 years time when the population is likely to increaese by another billion. The largest glacier ever has just broken off the arctic and is noe melting anf leaking more CO2 intobour seas and atmosphere. Meanwhile we continue to plunder the earth and b

uy stuff we dont need in an effort to satisfy ourselves. Shall i go on...

14 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You could try to stop being so needy or aggressive when others reply to your post. You know, communicate in a way more befitting of a 44 year old rather than that expected of a teenager.

The OP wasnt needy or aggressive. The responses were.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I will say it again. If you want to sign out of contract players from Hartlepool it is very easy. If you want top quality ( i.e. Better than what we have) it is very difficult as you will be competing with lower prem top notch championship clubs. These sort of players don't jump at the first offer they get, they let their agents work their nads off to get the best deal they can.

im sure some of our fans would like us to sign dross just so we have something to talk about. Still a month to go, and it may take even longer to land our top targets. Bit of patience needed I think

Spot on

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Ok. In that case. Lets shut the club. The world is over populated and we have a global inability to sustain what we have today, let alone in 20 years time when the population is likely to increaese by another billion. The largest glacier ever has just broken off the arctic and is noe melting anf leaking more CO2 intobour seas and atmosphere. Meanwhile we continue to plunder the earth and b

uy stuff we dont need in an effort to satisfy ourselves. Shall i go on...

I mean if you want to get technical, that bit on bold isn't even slightly correct, but whatever :ph34r::biggrin: