When do the Rangers tickets go on sale ?

39 minutes ago, 442 said:

Zzzzz hope not 

I really don't get the love in for Rangers, is it just because they play in blue? And don't quote me with some religious poo .

Second rate team from Scotland, great. 

I'd rather have a "second-rate" team from Scotland and a good atmosphere instead of a second rate European side with no atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

But most don't give a shinyshite about the away fans. I go to watch Wednesday play the opposition on the pitch, not waank myself silly about 

how many they've brought, how loud they are, what bloody flags they've got. And on that score Rangers is NOT a box-office friendly.

I'd much rather go to friendly with some atmosphere

Than say a top half Italian team with a name and no atmosphere

Guest Deleted member

I dont think I'll bother with this game - and save my money for the marquee friendly we're lining up for the 150th anniversary

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

But most don't give a shinyshite about the away fans. I go to watch Wednesday play the opposition on the pitch, not waank myself silly about 

how many they've brought, how loud they are, what bloody flags they've got. And on that score Rangers is NOT a box-office friendly.

For a league game I would tend to agree with you, I would give the away team as few tickets as possible. This, however, would just be a friendly.... an exhibition game.... what would it matter?

I'd agree that Id rather it be Real Madrid / Barcelona, Santos or maybe an England (or International all star) XI but apart from those then I think youre struggling for any team who would be an attraction?

11 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I don't get this "doesn't have the same stature" bit

If Wednesday had had to go down the same route, and we very nearly did

Would we have felt any less stature as a club?

I for one wouldn't

The only thing enticing about a fixture with Rangers is the atmosphere and their support. The current club is nothing compared with the former club that defeated Leeds in Europe, and used to attract quality players. The new Rangers is in effect a new club but even if you see them as the same club, they've got a long way still to go to get back to how great they used to be and with the sorry state of Scottish football it's hard seeing them getting back to that stature anytime soon or for a very long time, if ever?

21 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm happy if it's the Gers 

Me too, last time it was an amazing day and we all really enjoyed it.

Would have hoped for some trickier opposition across our pre seasons though,not to sure about these dodgy Portuguese clubs.

1 minute ago, Smarties said:

Me too, last time it was an amazing day and we all really enjoyed it.

Would have hoped for some trickier opposition across our pre seasons though,not to sure about these dodgy Portuguese clubs.

Bottle of sages in hand I'm not really bothered how dodgy they are 

2 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Rangers are a historic and famous club in their former entity but the new club, although it retains it's identity and impressive support, doesn't have the same stature of it's previous glorious club.

We do however have some famous Scottish links which could signify or sell the occasion such as our club mascot and nickname coming from Scottish player George Robertson presenting a real Owl mascot to the club in 1912. Plus our all time top scorer and record appearance holder Andrew Wilson was Scottish too.

The previous time we played Rangers in a friendly was a occasion that did their fans proud, with numbers and vocal support but in terms of the here and now Rangers are no longer the draw they were and it wouldn't be a marquee friendly fitting to represent our 150th anniversary. However, it's difficult to say who would? And our 100th anniversary was marked by playing Pele's Brazilian club Santos, I think?

Our centenary was marked with a Division One game against Fulham.