Barth anyone?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

We need someone at the back who can play a bit. 

I suppose Hutchinson could do this, but him and Lees as a partnership hasn't impressed imo. 

Lees is a great defender, but his footballing ability is somewhat lacking and Loovens is just too slow at recycling the ball (and I'm a big fan of Glenn). 

If we want to playing this controlled style of football, then we need someone at the back who can start attacks. A player comfortable on the ball who pass short and long with accuracy. Too often last season Lees would pick the ball up, come forward 10-15 yards and then punt it in the general direction of whoever was up top. 

I agree, and going off the links, that seems to be the type of centre back we're targeting. The likes of Bartley; Hanley, Ayala, Morrison and Keogh, etc. All seem powerful and comfortable on the ball. Although seemingly unlikely, someone like Bartley or Ayala would be ideal. A quality defender like that, comfortable on the ball, might help us not play so deep and not have to resort to playing it long too and get back to playing the attacking and pressing game we played in Carlos' first season.

21 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

If we are considering players like him, may as well keep Sasso. He's certainly not an improvement in any way. Hopefully a non story 

Couldn't agree more, not the standard required to improve us.

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

I know that it's from those tw*ts at HITC who seem to have an awful lot of time on their hands, but they are suggesting that Danny boy wants away from Wolves.

He's only 26 and a bit of a unit... Batth and Lees at the back , could be a force to be reckoned with ?

Prefer a shower mi sen 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And he has done but it maybe time for him to move on?

No doubt, but since Wolves are looking to move him on, then playing as an ever-present in a side that won automatic promotion from League One (as he did for them also) clearly isn't criteria they value - so why should we?

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

No doubt, but since Wolves are looking to move him on, then playing as an ever-present in a side that won automatic promotion from League One (as he did for them also) clearly isn't criteria they value - so why should we?

We've been looking for a centre-half for more than 12 months and in all honesty we don't look any nearer to landing one. Batth maybe the answer, he maybe not? As has been pointed out countless times on here there was uncertainty when we signed Lees but that worked out and this could too?