Marcelo Guedes

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Never seen him play but appears to have a good track record at decent level, 6ft 3, scores a few goals, good experience. Why not

exactly this

Would rather spend 6 million on 1 experienced player who lasts 3 years, (if he works out here) rather than 2 million every summer on a different player hoping it works out and they settle.

I know it is totally different but Chelsea looking at buying a 30 year old for 50 million. Mental.

Pure gut reaction, but the picture on twitter of this fella from the OP.  Have we seen the bloke on the right of the photo at S6 a few times.  He just looks familiar.  Nothing in it, just an observation.

Seems a lot for a 30 year old who isn't proven in English football, especially when we must be close to the FFP threshold. I would have hoped we'd be looking closer to home for our signings, especially as 'the club' were supposed to have said that targets would be primarily British based or have a working knowledge of the British game. The Zungu bloke and now this guy suggests otherwise.

6 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Seems a lot for a 30 year old who isn't proven in English football, especially when we must be close to the FFP threshold. I would have hoped we'd be looking closer to home for our signings, especially as 'the club' were supposed to have said that targets would be primarily British based or have a working knowledge of the British game. The Zungu bloke and now this guy suggests otherwise.

Spurs looking at Zungu now apparently, can say goodbye to that one if it was ever on

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I don't think Chansiri cares much about resale value he wants success on the pitch. If this guy will be as good as say a Dunk in this league, for the next 3 seasons then it will be worth the fee. 

But it seems this is another nonsense story 

I dont want us to be in this league for the next 3 seasons