Why do people expect Abdi to be so good next year

Our midfield got completely outplayed in both playoff games. There is every chance Abdi will improve it.

In the last game I saw him play for us , away to Forest, he was outstanding and scored a great goal. Not a regular occurrence from our central midfielders this season 

If he gets 100% fit , and stays fit there is every chance he will improve us. Of course a change of system would help him

4 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Amazed to see two posts on here talking about Abdi and how he will be the midfielder we need next year and how excited they are to see Abdi fit and get a run of games. I would love this to happen and for Abdi to suddenly produce top draw performances for us. But I cannot fathom for a second what people have seen to suggest that this WILL happen.

I would like nothing more than a top draw midfielder that we don’t even need to spend money on as he is already at the club. However, I have not seen anything from him to suggest that WILL happen.

Surely this is simply a case of Wednesday fans wanting a fashionable big money signing to get into the side. It’s a bit pathetic really.

Again, I would love nothing more than for Abdi to suddenly be a top class championship midfielder.

Because we have faith. 

5 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Amazed to see two posts on here talking about Abdi and how he will be the midfielder we need next year and how excited they are to see Abdi fit and get a run of games. I would love this to happen and for Abdi to suddenly produce top draw performances for us. But I cannot fathom for a second what people have seen to suggest that this WILL happen.

I would like nothing more than a top draw midfielder that we don’t even need to spend money on as he is already at the club. However, I have not seen anything from him to suggest that WILL happen.

Surely this is simply a case of Wednesday fans wanting a fashionable big money signing to get into the side. It’s a bit pathetic really.

Again, I would love nothing more than for Abdi to suddenly be a top class championship midfielder.

Clearly an optimistic fellow we have here or a bad WUM 

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it seems he needs to play central if he is to shine but we all know that if lee & bannan are fit they play so it's not looking good for him .

This is where Carlos needs to earn his money, he needs to either change the formation or have the balls to drop Bannan who for me has been very very hit and miss all season.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

This is where Carlos needs to earn his money, he needs to either change the formation or have the balls to drop Bannan who for me has been very very hit and miss all season.

i don't see that he'll do either .... I think  abdi needs bannan to pick up an injury and then make himself undroppable but that would be hard for him to do if carlos continues with the cautious approach of last season .....

7 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

It was only Port Vale at home at  the start of last season but from what I saw of him in that game

made me realise we had a very good player , he bossed that game for me , nothing outstanding

just good forward movement  and simple passing , and I was well impressed , still waiting though a year on !!!!

7 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

fair point. I think Rhodes hasnt neccessarilly played badly he just doesnt get the chances. Abdi gave the ball away a lot and was incredibly lightweight in a 2 man midfield

So you just don't like Abdi then is that it ??

Lets face it, none of our better players are really suited to a rigid 4-4-2 formation. So carlos either changes the system to accommodate players like abdi or he goes out and signs players who are suited to the tactics. Switching to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 formation would probably get the best out of our creative players or even a 3-5-2 would allow our players like reach and hunt and hutchinson( in central defence) to flourish. Carlos needs to challenge for top 2 next season or it will be a failure 

Lets be fair, there wasn't a Wednesday fan alive who wasn't chuffed when we signed him. With tactics, injuries and some flashes of brilliance its all been very frustrating. If he can get over his injuries and Carlos plays to his strengths then it will be like a new signing for us.

38 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

You can say that about any player any club buys "sure he was great at his old club but what makes you think he didn't lose all his ability when he transferred?"

Thats a little bit of a silly notion, he was great for Watford but we signed him and he lost all his ability. You don't become a bad player over night.

14 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

It's pathetic to not write off a good player. Ffs get a grip. 

14 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

fair point. I think Rhodes hasnt neccessarilly played badly he just doesnt get the chances. Abdi gave the ball away a lot and was incredibly lightweight in a 2 man midfield

And Abdi does, god I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking fella.

8 hours ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Lets face it, none of our better players are really suited to a rigid 4-4-2 formation. So carlos either changes the system to accommodate players like abdi or he goes out and signs players who are suited to the tactics. Switching to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 formation would probably get the best out of our creative players or even a 3-5-2 would allow our players like reach and hunt and hutchinson( in central defence) to flourish. Carlos needs to challenge for top 2 next season or it will be a failure 

Our 442 saw us top over the last 25 games of the season.

It only didn't work prior to that, when Carlos played 3 CMs.