Hirst scores again

12 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

So why the fooooook are we fooooking around with this lad so much? 

It wouldnt surprise me at all if he were to leave this summer. 

We're foooooking about because we don't want to waste millions on a kid who is a million miles away from playing first team football.  I'd be amazed if there was anyone in League 1 who'd give him a game every week.  He's built like a child.  OK he's got a decent eye for goal but any defender older than 19 will absolutely demolish him physically.  Christ I remember people saying Madine was too lightweight and needed to bulk up, this lad is about 8 stone wet through!

He's one for the future, but at the minute the future is a decent way away!

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Willy Puller? Can he operate on the left? Could he do a job for us?  Any YouTube clips mate?

He can operate on the or right but better in the centre :ph34r:

No YouTube clips pal but plenty of videos on the tinternet if you know the right sites.

lol

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

We're foooooking about because we don't want to waste millions on a kid who is a million miles away from playing first team football.  I'd be amazed if there was anyone in League 1 who'd give him a game every week.  He's built like a child.  OK he's got a decent eye for goal but any defender older than 19 will absolutely demolish him physically.  Christ I remember people saying Madine was too lightweight and needed to bulk up, this lad is about 8 stone wet through!

Have to say I think you're right. If you're 18 and a flying winger or a pacey/skilful full back you can get away with being a bit lightweight and physically immature, because the position doesn't put such demands on your physical stature- playing as essentially a target man is not so forgiving.

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Cuba and Japan under 20s are probably better than Sheffield United though. 

The Park Hotel over 60s nude ladies leapfrog team is better than them, ger a grip man lol

give the lad what he wants and keep him happy until we can mature him to first teamer, then inevitable cash in.

Messing around offering contracts to Semedo, paying Adam Reach gawd knows what to run up and down left wing losing the ball when we have a 40 goal per season lad in youth team.  

Now is not the time to play hardball when we are wasting money elsewhere in the squad.

Guest kelliesleftnut
15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It was a low quality game. They all have..quite surprised really.

costello -which sports channel are covering these games ?

14 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

So why the fooooook are we fooooking around with this lad so much? 

It wouldnt surprise me at all if he were to leave this summer. 

This is confusing me.

Are Wayne Rooney and George Hirst the same person?

15 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Can you imagine him stood next to that Hefele at hudds ? lol 

15 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I watched the Chelsea FA youth cup game and Hirst and most of the Wednesday team were physically bullied, as well as being outplayed. 

Need to to get them on the weights in the gym 

We've just got to trust Carlos and Co are handling this correctly.

It's a little daft to compare him to Rooney, he's the countries top goalscorer and has always been built like a brick.

Also different players mature at different times look at Harry Kane, it took him a while to break into Spurs' first team after a few loan spells.

Edited by Bradshaw

Guest kelliesleftnut
1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Unilad on Facebook and cricfree.

found it mate, on bein sports.

16 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Fair point and in my mind the main reason he is so far off the first team. 

Same for most of the development squad, all look rather talented but need to do a bit of work in the gym. 

16 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Well if anyone can help him in bulking up a bit, it's his Dad!  :-)