Hirst scores again

He'll be first team ready in 2 seasons I reckon.

He'll get more of a look in next season, then if he sticks around, the season after will be his to shine.

Last season he didn't make an impact straight away at u23 level, then he bulked up abit and found his feet.

I think the same will happen in first team football.

A few appearances next season to get him used to it, maybe a loan deal then boom. Hirst will arrive.

Edited by Bradshaw

I'm torn regarding the loan issue For some, it works, sending them out to lower league clubs to toughen up, but for others, they just pick up bad habits, and the lower leagues eventually becomes their home. It's probably still a bit early to tell, but it looks as if we might have a major talent on our hands. He might be better staying here and getting the occasional game at a better level, and then maybe some time in the future, let him go on loan to a continental club where his technical skills could be improved.

Its so hard to tell what is best for the player from afar, and there is no one size fits all. We can only trust that the coaching staff, and those involved with George, will know what is best for him

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm torn regarding the loan issue For some, it works, sending them out to lower league clubs to toughen up, but for others, they just pick up bad habits, and the lower leagues eventually becomes their home. It's probably still a bit early to tell, but it looks as if we might have a major talent on our hands. He might be better staying here and getting the occasional game at a better level, and then maybe some time in the future, let him go on loan to a continental club where his technical skills could be improved.

Its so hard to tell what is best for the player from afar, and there is no one size fits all. We can only trust that the coaching staff, and those involved with George, will know what is best for him

That's a very good point!

Imagine if Rashford had gone out on loan at first and scored 5 in 15 games in league 1.

No one would have thought he was half the player he was.

Guest kelliesleftnut
1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I've just checked and this is on BEIN Sports 6 (http://www.beinsports.com/en/tv-guide) at 4pm if anyone is interested and is free to watch.

I can remember england winning this tournament last year so was a little surprised to see young george involved and banging them in.

After a little reading it turns out last years squad was the under 21's who are presently gearing up for the euro finals which start next week.

The under 20's squad are currently taking part in the fifa world cup and for anyone that can watch it they play against italy at 12pm today in the semi-final, live on eurosport.

So it seems george's squad is mainly the under 18's with the odd older fringe players involved, that being the case we are still favourites.

Keep banging them in george and making a name for yourself.

8 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Am I right in thinking this tournament is Englands B team ? 

This was generally the Under 21s tournament, but because the under 21s are in the euros, as are the under 19s, and the under 20s are in the world cup, this year it is a mixed age team

44 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

and just to add a little spice to it we are playing scotland.

I thought we were. I was going to post that but I wasn't 100% certain (and didn't have time to look it up as I was off to a meeting).

14 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Tomorrow.  16.00 hrs:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I've just checked and this is on BEIN Sports 6 (http://www.beinsports.com/en/tv-guide) at 4pm if anyone is interested and is free to watch.

Maybe a little doubt ???????

Sheffield Star has it as 14.00.    Not the most reliable newspaper:rolleyes:. But best check at 14.00 just in case.

Guest kelliesleftnut

get in, one up on 7 mins.

think young george is on bench.

kin'ell my stream must be way behind.

Edited by kelliesleftnut