Next season kit

4 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

To be Wednesday has to play in stripes but it's clear we aren't and it's also clear we are still playing in blue and white in a kit that was quite popular hence the retro tops on sale .

We just need to get over it that's all.

From what I gather it was unpopular in the 60s hence the attempt at "modernisation" was reversed. It's popular as a retro kit as a curiosity. I used to have one myself but the colours ran in the wash. 

And you're not the boss of me. I will never get over it because it's w @nk

13 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Seriously... who the F is making our kits.. they would have been quicker if they sent the squad to the cotton fields picking cotton for the new kits instead of pre season.

Well what they do is leak little ideas like no stripes, Brazil like away kit on Twitter and Facebook and then wait until mid July for some geeky fans to design some kits using their snazzy computers, choose the best one and set to work. Trouble is this causes delay.:manager:

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

probably because he didnt say it

From minutes of steering committee 

DC openly said that he doesn�t like stripes but wasn�t prepared to completely take away the stripes as its part of the tradition of the club. He said that the design was something that was decided after speaking to supporters as well as other people in the club. The kit was chosen based on looking at historical Wednesday kits, just like the club crest was.

Maybe the chuff has forgotten what he said or he was hoodwinking people - take your pick.

lol

11 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Well what they do is leak little ideas like no stripes, Brazil like away kit on Twitter and Facebook and then wait until mid July for some geeky fans to design some kits using their snazzy computers, choose the best one and set to work. Trouble is this causes delay.:manager:

Yeah more than likely... let's just hope they pick a decent one. Preferably with stripes, maybe just maybe he's has a change of heart at the last minute and decided to have a kit with stripes.. sent the 20 thousand stripeless shirts to the incinerator to warm up park square flats.

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

Cheers. Thought so. 

He said something about it. 

The problem is these meetings aren't recorded live, and there are a few different versions of paraphrased / summarised articles. You don't really get the context of his explanations from some of these articles, it's hard to understand what he means. 

Some people lost their sh*t about it and made out like the guy wants to rip up our tradition,  and then you read some articles and it sounds like he's happy to keep stripes if that's what people want, whilst admitting he doesn't like them.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

From what I gather it was unpopular in the 60s hence the attempt at "modernisation" was reversed. It's popular as a retro kit as a curiosity. I used to have one myself but the colours ran in the wash. 

And you're not the boss of me. I will never get over it because it's w @nk

From what I gather folk liked it when if first come out but towards the end of the decade people grew dislike it because it coincided with out great decline that was on the horizon.

On 7/19/2017 at 06:40, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, Celtic haven't had anything other than green and white hoops at any point in the past 50 years. Wednesday, on the other hand, have a fine tradition of varying our shirt design and breaking away from the evenly-spaced-stripes at times, as we have done for 10 out of the past 50 years.

We don't have a tradition of varying our shirt design away from blue and white stripes. Like all Striped/Hooped teams (inc Celtic) width have varied.

Only TWO kits since 1890 years completely did away with clearly visible blue and white stripes-

: last seasons and the 1965-72 

* the 1995 kit pushed it to the limit IMO.

You can't simply rewrite our history. I realize, you've added in the evenly (not sure why). But here are our kits over the last 50 years, prior to CC.

Despite the rubbish spouted on here, there is no fine history of deviating away from Blue & White stripes, just the very odd feck up - being used to justify CCs desire to get rid of stripes.

Capturello.JPG

19 hours ago, jimbob 13 said:

Shame it's not these that's just been put on social media 

IMG_0546.PNG

Although I am all for the solid blue / white arms, these do look rather stunning!

That home kit would like perfect for our first season back inn the Prem lol

ps is it just me who thinks the Leeds kit looks pretty good (gets his tin hat). 

10 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Although I am all for the solid blue / white arms, these do look rather stunning!

That home kit would like perfect for our first season back inn the Prem lol

ps is it just me who thinks the Leeds kit looks pretty good (gets his tin hat). 

Its Kappa lol

42 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

We don't have a tradition of varying our shirt design away from blue and white stripes. Like all Striped/Hooped teams (inc Celtic) width have varied.

Only TWO kits since 1890 years completely did away with clearly visible blue and white stripes-

: last seasons and the 1965-72 

* the 1995 kit pushed it to the limit IMO.

You can't simply rewrite our history. I realize, you've added in the evenly (not sure why). But here are our kits over the last 50 years, prior to CC.

Despite the rubbish spouted on here, there is no fine history of deviating away from Blue & White stripes, just the very odd feck up - being used to justify CCs desire to get rid of stripes.

Capturello.JPG

I think I can spot a pattern here...

and that pattern is STRIPES.

Any spin that the short lived, and unloved, Blue Arsenal kit, is anything other than a 1 off departure from our post war history is Gonads.

4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I think I can spot a pattern here...

and that pattern is STRIPES.

Any spin that the short lived, and unloved, Blue Arsenal kit, is anything other than a 1 off departure from our post war history is Gonads.

It is gonads.

I respect the few on hear that honestly say they're not bothered about our kit design, as long as its Blue & White. I don't agree but each to their own.

It's the ones, that try and rewrite history claiming that Blue & White Stripes aren't a MASSIVE part of our identity.

The ones that claim that ONE bad all blue bodied kit  (65-72), somehow cancels out our Blue & White Striped identity, going back to the 19th century. Utter Gonads.