Next season kit

23 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

It is gonads.

I respect the few on hear that honestly say they're not bothered about our kit design, as long as its Blue & White. I don't agree but each to their own.

It's the ones, that try and rewrite history claiming that Blue & White Stripes aren't a MASSIVE part of our identity.

The ones that claim that ONE bad all blue bodied kit  (65-72), somehow cancels out our Blue & White Striped identity, going back to the 19th century. Utter Gonads.

Amen to that brother! 

I might be wrong but I'm convinced that firstly, stripes aren't coming back under Mr C, secondly, our absolute kit tradition and absolute kit identity is blue and white stripes and finally, those that state otherwise are, in part, doing so due a fear of p155ing off Mr C. 

Edited by shandypants

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

We don't have a tradition of varying our shirt design away from blue and white stripes. Like all Striped/Hooped teams (inc Celtic) width have varied.

Only TWO kits since 1890 years completely did away with clearly visible blue and white stripes-

: last seasons and the 1965-72 

* the 1995 kit pushed it to the limit IMO.

You can't simply rewrite our history. I realize, you've added in the evenly (not sure why). But here are our kits over the last 50 years, prior to CC.

Despite the rubbish spouted on here, there is no fine history of deviating away from Blue & White stripes, just the very odd feck up - being used to justify CCs desire to get rid of stripes.

Capturello.JPG

Why are you counting from 1890?

12 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Because unless you know anything different 1890 appears to be the 1st known time we played in blue and white vertical stripes.

fffff.JPG

I think it's important to remember we didn't play in the stripes during the early years

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think it's important to remember we didn't play in the stripes during the early years

Is anybody around from those days that would be delighted with us playing in that kit? 

I think to reflect our anniversary we should find our oldest fan and play in the kit that we were in when he was born lol

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Jesus Christ, it's not me that forgotten, that why I started from 1890. We adopted  a Blue and White striped/hooped  kit 1875, switching from hoop to stripes, in 1890.

If any person (without an agenda) was genuinely picking our Anniversary kit, they would have picked one of the earlier variations (like the pigs & other clubs have done).

It's not hard, any reasoned person looking at our history would have picked the hoops for our 150th, or one from out title winning years.

Chansiri has taken us for fools.

8 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Is anybody around from those days that would be delighted with us playing in that kit? 

I think to reflect our anniversary we should find our oldest fan and play in the kit that we were in when he was born lol

I think there will be but those with highlander style immortality aren't very vocal about it. Some vampires live extremely long but never really get into football because they can only go to night matches.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Jesus Christ, it's not me that forgotten, that why I started from 1890. We adopted  a Blue and White striped/hooped  kit 1875, switching from hoop to stripes, in 1890.

If any person (without an agenda) was genuinely picking our Anniversary kit, they would have picked one of the earlier variations (like the pigs & other clubs have done).

It's not hard, any reasoned person looking at our history would have picked the hoops for our 150th, or one from out title winning years.

Chansiri has taken us for fools.

Hoops look awful though, therefore DC is coming up with something new for us. 

The very early years aren't as important, simply because, that's when we didn't have an identity or tradition. 

That's something that grows naturally over decades, and it's blue and white stripes.

Ok the Anniversary could, and maybe should hark back to the beginning, but to use it as part of a reason to justify dumping our stripes is a poor one.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think there will be but those with highlander style immortality aren't very vocal about it. Some vampires live extremely long but never really get into football because they can only go to night matches.

Hoops look awful though, therefore DC is coming up with something new for us

At least we nearly agree on something, DC has come up with something new for HIMSELF, based on his preference.

This kit has nothing to do with our anniversary. Using our anniversary is shameful IMO. Showing total lack of respect for the club & fans.

My shoes won't be coming off in the car park, but I've lost respect for Chansiri, no transfer fee, no matter how big, will change that for me.

Was just looking at Leeds historic kits as a poster in another thread said a white kit made us look like them. They had all white from 1960, they started in blue & white stripes. Do you think they would wear their original kit as an anniversary? :columbo:

What should happen is finding the kit that is synonymous with the club and make it look retro. 

44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Because unless you know anything different 1890 appears to be the 1st known time we played in blue and white vertical stripes.

fffff.JPG

Can you imagine how bad Owlstalk was in 1886 

"I requesteth mine stripes doth return" 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

The people who are happy for us to ditch the stripes are doing so because they are scared of upsetting the chairman. Simple as. 

Or, we realise it's only a chuffing football kit and it's something not worth getting in a paddy over?

As long as it's blue I couldn't give 2 kahoots if it's got stripes on or not.